Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought DNA testing was only done on blood and bodily fluid. What does DNA have to do with screens?

Yeah me too. When did the state court agree to allow the dna tests? The screen wasn't on the list anyway.

I thought DNA testing was only done on blood and bodily fluid. What does DNA have to do with screens?

Oooh nice call noticing the 'DNA' part- I totally missed that. :clap:
Yes maybe now she is just making things up out of desperation -too bad that actually makes her daughter look even more guilty.

Found from Mama Kee on
http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=294044&perpage=40&pagenumber=7

she states:
"The latest DNA testing proves the screen was not cut by the knife that had a serrated blade, so that particular knife was not used to enter the house. A smooth bladed knife was used."

You think she is probably privy to more updated testing results than we are? What do you all make of this because if it's true then that's pretty big news and a different theory on the timeline and possibly who dun it?

Here are some more evidentiary points that need some splainin' (keep in mind these are written by Mama Kee off the JFD website) but I thought they were either not consisent with what is in the court documents/ transcripts, that she is not telling the truth or she knows what we don't know. ?????????????????

1. Also found on this list is DNA tests on the limb and facial hairs that were found on Darlie's body, and the pubic hair from the floor. The results did not match known persons in the house that night. At that point further testing was stopped. This was never disclosed to the defense during trial. Read the 2004 - 2006 motions at the bottom of the Legal page.
(I thought the limb hair was found on the sock-don't remember these found on her body??)

2. ...This is bad logic on Patterson's part because the attack began in her sleep. Although she saw one person, she does not know how many were with him. Besides, a neighbor witness said she saw a car waiting outside with someone in it. Shortly after arriving at the seen approx 2:35 in the morning, police stopped a suspicious car with several individuals in it. They were quickly let go without taking note who they were, or checking the occupants for blood.
(I don't remember a neighbor seeing a car with someone waiting in it at the house???)

3. The fact is that there is evidence the intruder went through here. The garage has a slit window screen with traces of blood on the screen.
( I didn't think blood was ever found on the screen???)

Here is what Mama Kee thinks happened (if you were just reading it not knowing all the facts it sure would make sense to you)

"Patterson complains that the wounds on the children are mortal and deeper than on Darlie's, which cause him to believe that they are self inflicted. This is bad logic on Patterson's part because Darlie is much larger and better able to put up a defense. When coming out of a sleep, and directly into a panic life and death situation, it will take a few moments to get your bearings. She would remember only parts of those moments till she is fully conscious. Also the mode of attack on her would be different on her than her children. If she was being held down at one end of the couch by one person being smothered and loosing consciousness (there were lacerations in her mouth), and awhile being attacked/raped by another (her panties were removed), her kids would at that point come to her aid. It was dark and the attackers my not have noticed the children were under blankets nearby. At that point the attackers would be surprised. One intruder would turn and brutally stab the kids, while the other holding her down slices her throat. Not knowing who else was in the house they immediately flee. The first guy gets out of sight and than Damon approaches Darlie who is now conscious again now that she can breathe. She then sees the second guy leaving through the kitchen and follows after him. Then she turns on the light in the kitchen, discovers what has happened and we know the rest."

[/I]

Here is what Mama Kee thinks happened (if you were just reading it not knowing all the facts it sure would make sense to you)

"Patterson complains that the wounds on the children are mortal and deeper than on Darlie's, which cause him to believe that they are self inflicted. This is bad logic on Patterson's part because Darlie is much larger and better able to put up a defense. When coming out of a sleep, and directly into a panic life and death situation, it will take a few moments to get your bearings. She would remember only parts of those moments till she is fully conscious. Also the mode of attack on her would be different on her than her children. If she was being held down at one end of the couch by one person being smothered and loosing consciousness (there were lacerations in her mouth), and awhile being attacked/raped by another (her panties were removed), her kids would at that point come to her aid. It was dark and the attackers my not have noticed the children were under blankets nearby. At that point the attackers would be surprised. One intruder would turn and brutally stab the kids, while the other holding her down slices her throat. Not knowing who else was in the house they immediately flee. The first guy gets out of sight and than Damon approaches Darlie who is now conscious again now that she can breathe. She then sees the second guy leaving through the kitchen and follows after him. Then she turns on the light in the kitchen, discovers what has happened and we know the rest."

If someone didn't know the facts of the case, sure, this would make people ask questions. However, we all know that the above scenario didn't take place. We can begin with Darlie's own ever changing statement(s) (ALL SIXTEEN OF THEM) to know that these things simply didn't happen.

What bothers me about Mama Darlie is that she DOES know all the facts and is still spouting this stuff. Just curious, Jeana, what is your opinion on Mama Darlie? Is she is denial or really just trying to save her daughter's tush? I can't figure that one out. She sounds 100% convinced of what she is saying. I can't decide if it is denial and blind devotion or save her daughter no matter what. I don't see how someone could overlook ANYONE killing children but can't understand how someone could be so certain of her innocence when there is so much evidence to the contrary.

What bothers me about Mama Darlie is that she DOES know all the facts and is still spouting this stuff. Just curious, Jeana, what is your opinion on Mama Darlie? Is she is denial or really just trying to save her daughter's tush? I can't figure that one out. She sounds 100% convinced of what she is saying. I can't decide if it is denial and blind devotion or save her daughter no matter what. I don't see how someone could overlook ANYONE killing children but can't understand how someone could be so certain of her innocence when there is so much evidence to the contrary.

I think deep down, she knows that Darlie murdered the boys. I don't think she'd EVER say that to anyone though.

[/I]

Here are some more evidentiary points that need some splainin' (keep in mind these are written by Mama Kee off the JFD website) but I thought they were either not consisent with what is in the court documents/ transcripts, that she is not telling the truth or she knows what we don't know. ?????????????????

1. Also found on this list is DNA tests on the limb and facial hairs that were found on Darlie's body, and the pubic hair from the floor. The results did not match known persons in the house that night. At that point further testing was stopped. This was never disclosed to the defense during trial. Read the 2004 - 2006 motions at the bottom of the Legal page.
(I thought the limb hair was found on the sock-don't remember these found on her body??)

2. ...This is bad logic on Patterson's part because the attack began in her sleep. Although she saw one person, she does not know how many were with him. Besides, a neighbor witness said she saw a car waiting outside with someone in it. Shortly after arriving at the seen approx 2:35 in the morning, police stopped a suspicious car with several individuals in it. They were quickly let go without taking note who they were, or checking the occupants for blood.
(I don't remember a neighbor seeing a car with someone waiting in it at the house???)

3. The fact is that there is evidence the intruder went through here. The garage has a slit window screen with traces of blood on the screen.
( I didn't think blood was ever found on the screen???)

LOL, no. 3 was testified to. It's not human blood they found on the screen..they believed it to be bug's blood.

Desperation is setting in.

p.s. the link doesn't work

[/I]

I don't remember any found on her body either. Although in the pdf documents they just mention hair. They also note that these hairs were available to be tested by the latest methods prior to trial but Routier did not request them so too late now. I notice she says "known persons in the house that night" well there were known persons in the house all day, Halina, Darlie, a babysitter. And unsourced hair is not forensically significant. We drop about 100 a day and we all transfer hair daily..the hair in the screen is proof of that.

yeah this is a new one...where was this person at trial?

Isn't that the black car she's talking about? The one that was supposedly seen driving past the house a lot before the murders?

(forgive me if you facts are off, I barely remember the facts of this case!!)

I think deep down, she knows that Darlie murdered the boys. I don't think she'd EVER say that to anyone though.

I think you're right, Jeana. Seems to me I remember reading something about Darlie Sr. accompanying Darlie Jr. to her polygraph test and the two of them were seen crying afterwards. I'm sure they weren't happy tears, either. This reeks of some serious "deliberate denial" and I wonder if Darlie Sr. has somehow managed to justify Darlie Jr.'s actions as in "well, Darin MADE her do it", blah blah blah. Transferring the blame.

I notice the latest appeal brief is posted on the fordarlie site. It stated some things I don't recall being in her initial statement, like her having gone to place a towel on Devon before calling 911. I also like the description of how she would not have been able to put the sock down the alley due to the timeline. For some reason they are stressing her having to run barefoot and kick the gate open barefoot. I am dying to ask if it would make a difference if she had been wearing Darin's shoes... Good reading anyway

I notice the latest appeal brief is posted on the fordarlie site. It stated some things I don't recall being in her initial statement, like her having gone to place a towel on Devon before calling 911. I also like the description of how she would not have been able to put the sock down the alley due to the timeline. For some reason they are stressing her having to run barefoot and kick the gate open barefoot. I am dying to ask if it would make a difference if she had been wearing Darin's shoes... Good reading anyway

Baloney, the only towel she placed was on her own neck.

Yeah that's their timeline, not the real one. She could have gone out the front door. Darins reboks were found at the front door, laced up I might add.

Cami, didn't you get the feeling that they had added a lot to her original account? It was like they were trying to be sure and cover all bases but all that was NOT what she originally said. I don't think this is going to go anywhere

Baloney, the only towel she placed was on her own neck.

Yeah that's their timeline, not the real one. She could have gone out the front door. Darins reboks were found at the front door, laced up I might add.

and wasn't there drops of blood on them?

Cami, didn't you get the feeling that they had added a lot to her original account? It was like they were trying to be sure and cover all bases but all that was NOT what she originally said. I don't think this is going to go anywhere

I must admit, I skipped a bunch of parts so I am going to knuckle down and read the whole thing, then I'll answer but it would appear so if they are alledging she laid a towel on Devon and Damon...the first cop didn't see a towel..paramedics didn't see a towel.

I was a bit confused at first but it appears as if the State court ruled against further dna tests? Is that the reason for this appeal?

Does this new appeal mean the stay has been lifted anyone know?

Hey Cami - where did you find this brief? i went to the JFD looking for it and can't find it. The only doc that says new, when i click on it, the page has been removed. Am I looking at the wrong doc?

Here's one thing I picked up on...."the butcher knife is an indisputable critical piece of evidence."

Both the State and Mrs.Routier agree that this knife was used in the murders of Devon and Damon and in the attack on Mrs. Routier

Are they now recanting the two knife theory?

Here's one thing I picked up on...."the butcher knife is an indisputable critical piece of evidence."

Both the State and Mrs.Routier agree that this knife was used in the murders of Devon and Damon and in the attack on Mrs. Routier

Are they now recanting the two knife theory?

I guess so because they didn't mention a 2nd knife.

I read that "Patterson admitted that a Rape Kit Test was discussed but never performed", but then further in the reading you find where a nurse stated it was performed and..... etc.....

Why are they now placing Darlie going outside to yell for help, when I thought all along it was Darren who stated he went outside to get help...:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back