Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alcina - I also came to this site for the same reason. Wasn't it heartbreaking when you read the key evidence in the transcripts. I still remember how it made me feel.

One thing I wanted to point out in regards to the testing and the ruling. If you read the ruling the judge mentions the bread knife and the screen. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Darlie has ever disputed the evidence found on this knife. She didn't ask for it to be retested. As the judge said why would an intruder get into the house go into the kitchen, get the bread knife, go back outside, cut the screen, come back in, put back were it belonged. :confused:

I still remember too. I wanted her to be innocent. I really did. My boys had the same clothing, the same bedding as hers, they were about the same age.... the pics disturbed me beyond words. The transcripts convinced me...beyond doubt. Any doubt.

I agree also on the screen. It was very damning imo. :curses:

Just to add... there is not one person, not one, that can actually read everything here, ALL the transcripts, and still believe her innocent.

If you say you do, you have not read every single thing. No way. I won't back down from that either.

Just to add... there is not one person, not one, that can actually read everything here, ALL the transcripts, and still believe her innocent.

If you say you do, you have not read every single thing. No way. I won't back down from that either.

Not everyone has same views as you just cause you think in certain way doesnt mean every1 else does. Your wrong bout what you said as I have read transcripts and all posts on here (since ive joined) and yes I do think shes innocent, so there is at least 1 person - me. There is others also who have read transcripts and still believe her innocence.

I used to swap PMs with about 3 other members who believed her innocent also, and yes they had also read transcripts. They stopped posting darlie thread as they felt that their views were not debated but ridiculed. It is sad to say that they felt that the minute they wrote a comment that they would be 'ganged up on' by various different members who believed in her guilt, it got to the point that they were no longer prepared to post here as they felt they were being bullied.

I don't recall, what was the Darlie suporters explanation for the knife w/the screen fibers on it?[/quote]

Two knives used, and possibly 2 perps, one brought to crime scene by 1 perp. Not unheard of in other trials and investigations. Only the blood of 2 victims found on 1 knife to substantiate this claim, defense claims second knife has yet to be found.
Improper identification of fibers on bread knife as screen fiber, defense side claims they are fingerprint brush fibers.

I am pretty sure that is what the pro Darlie side is claiming, and hope it answers what you asked.

Well, there is the OJ jury.:crazy: So, anything can happen, lol.

All of the evidence convinced Darlie's jury that she was not only guilty but deserved to die for her crimes. I think that says alot. They were 100% sure that she did it.

Compare that with say, John Couey. 4 jurors didn't think he should die.

There is just to much in the transcripts for me to read. Numerous times, I've went through them, but have never read them all. But with what I have read, I'm convinced, Darlie did it.

Not everyone has same views as you just cause you think in certain way doesnt mean every1 else does. Your wrong bout what you said as I have read transcripts and all posts on here (since ive joined) and yes I do think shes innocent, so there is at least 1 person - me. There is others also who have read transcripts and still believe her innocence.

I used to swap PMs with about 3 other members who believed her innocent also, and yes they had also read transcripts. They stopped posting darlie thread as they felt that their views were not debated but ridiculed. It is sad to say that they felt that the minute they wrote a comment that they would be 'ganged up on' by various different members who believed in her guilt, it got to the point that they were no longer prepared to post here as they felt they were being bullied.

I would never ridicule anyone. I won't debate her guilt/innocence either though. I know what I read and I read it ALL. Even all the "Darlie is innocent and here is why" stuff. It all comes down to logic for me. There is no other logical answer other than she did it. I hate that I feel that way. I honestly do. I wanted her to be innocent. :rolleyes:

IMO.

I would never ridicule anyone. I won't debate her guilt/innocence either though. I know what I read and I read it ALL. Even all the "Darlie is innocent and here is why" stuff. It all comes down to logic for me. There is no other logical answer other than she did it. I hate that I feel that way. I honestly do. I wanted her to be innocent. :rolleyes:

IMO.

I wasnt aiming the comment about ridicule at you. i think this case is a good case to debate as there is questions that are not fully answered and are left to speculation. I have always held the view that she is innocent although I have read some really cracking posts telling me otherwise. Allthough Ive got my own opinion I always try to keep my mind open when it comes to other peoples views as -you never know- I may be wrong. Then again they may be wrong. Thats why its good to debate and understand where the other person is coming from, no matter what you believe, this gives you a much wider knowlege of your subject than just saying 'I wont debate her guilt/innocence cause I read it all' and im right.

All of the evidence convinced Darlie's jury that she was not only guilty but deserved to die for her crimes. I think that says alot. They were 100% sure that she did it.

There is just to much in the transcripts for me to read. Numerous times, I've went through them, but have never read them all. But with what I have read, I'm convinced, Darlie did it.

Too bad this isn't in Boulder...The DA would have announced Darlie's innocent years ago..

Grrrrrrr.

DNA evidence doesn't explain the blood spatter on her back from repeatedly stabbing her boys. :mad:

I don't think it's a question of bullying Nicola. Most of the posters that come here and swear Darlie is innocent all repeat the same misinformation and when we tell them it's not true or it's been proven incorrect, they don't like that. Why, because it proves to them that Darlie has lied to them. They continue to insist they've read the transcripts but continue to post misinformation.

(With all respect to Cami) It doesnt make difference what anyone else thinks - they felt they were being bullied for thier views and they left forum because of it.

(With all respect to Cami) It doesnt make difference what anyone else thinks - they felt they were being bullied for thier views and they left forum because of it.

Well I would hope that no one leaves because of differing opinions. Sometimes its necessary to put on one's big girl panties and deal with it.

How can anyone expect members who believe Darlie to be guilty and feel they can back it up with evidence simply remain silent and not post? It's not about bullying at all but rather if you want to state your opinion then be prepared to back it up. Goes both ways.

She left her boys to slowly bleed to death on the floor, didn't even try to hold them.:furious: Then a couple weeks later she's having a party at their grave.:furious:

The evidence makes her guilty. Her actions make me physically ill. Ugh. I get so upset when I visit this forum.

Jubie

How can anyone expect members who believe Darlie to be guilty and feel they can back it up with evidence simply remain silent and not post? It's not about bullying at all but rather if you want to state your opinion then be prepared to back it up. Goes both ways.

Jubie
Nobody expects anybody not to have they're say. Im just stating the experiances that some felt they underwent cause of thier opinion. I believe in her innocence (as you probably guessed by now) and have not experianced bullying on this thread because of it. I guess its all down to the individual and how they interpret the actions/words of others. If they say they felt bullied then thats how they felt, its not fair for you to dismiss it and explain it away with what you think has gone on.

I wasnt aiming the comment about ridicule at you. i think this case is a good case to debate as there is questions that are not fully answered and are left to speculation. I have always held the view that she is innocent although I have read some really cracking posts telling me otherwise. Allthough Ive got my own opinion I always try to keep my mind open when it comes to other peoples views as -you never know- I may be wrong. Then again they may be wrong. Thats why its good to debate and understand where the other person is coming from, no matter what you believe, this gives you a much wider knowlege of your subject than just saying 'I wont debate her guilt/innocence cause I read it all' and im right.

Do you feel that not having all the many popular questions answered is part of the reason you're unsure of her guilt?

We rarely have all the questions answered. Even when a perp confesses. There are things left out.

Sometimes I wonder if the jury convicted her because they didn't like her just like the Cindy Sommer jurors or the fact that she did the 'silly string" episode over the grave.

I don't know if Darlie is really innocent or guilty. No one does for sure but Darlie but usually at the end of a trial I support the jurors decision as the correct one but on this one for some reason, I had my doubts.

In the end I can still say..I really do not know.

imoo

Juries convict on evidence, the "many" stories of Darlie did obviously help them in their decision. Also since there was no sign of any intruder in the house, well I am sure that helped also.

Please share your doubts Ocean Blue Eyes, and we will do our best to dispel the "myths" put forth by supporters.

What factual information leads to your doubts. WE will do our best to inform you of facts. That is facts based on evidence, no "myths" misinformation, falsehoods, distortion of facts, put forth by "supporters".

I for one have no doubt, given the evidence that Darlie is where she belongs.

Nobody expects anybody not to have they're say. Im just stating the experiances that some felt they underwent cause of thier opinion. I believe in her innocence (as you probably guessed by now) and have not experianced bullying on this thread because of it. I guess its all down to the individual and how they interpret the actions/words of others. If they say they felt bullied then thats how they felt, its not fair for you to dismiss it and explain it away with what you think has gone on.

that's true Nicola and they have a right to their feelings. I guess, for me, is how can people believe she is innocent in the face of all the physical evidence that proves she's guilty. the fact there is no evidence of an intruder whatsoever. I don't think I'm a bully, I can be passionate about this case though. And remember I too thought she was innocent until I read the trial transcripts. Her story didn't quite ring true to me however so that's what led me looking for knowledge.

What I'm wondering is why the judge wouldn't allow testing on two bloody fingerprints that were found?? Why not get it all done in one shot? If those fingerprints didn't belong to anyone in the house or anyone involved in the investigation, shouldn't they be tested??

11/05/08 - Order Granting in Part Motion for Discovery.

Judge Royal Furgeson grants in part Routier's motion for discovery. With the exception of the night shirt and laboratory documents, all other discovery requested by Routier has been granted. After reviewing the record and recent filings from both sides, the court concluded: "While petitioner has not identified with specificity precisely how the test results in question might fully exonerate her, the theory underlying the prosecution's case against petitioner is as convoluted and counter-intuitive as that of any death penalty case to come before this Court. Given the improvements in forensic testing techniques that have occurred over the last decade, and the potential for discovery of evidence showing the presence of petitioner's alleged assailant within the Routier home at the time of the murders, this Court believes petitioner has demonstrated "good cause" for the limited discovery (re-testing of physical evidence) authorized by this Order."

Included in the granted portion of discovery, Routier will finally (after 12 years) be permitted to run four (4) unidentified fingerprints through the FBI data base, two of which were left in blood and do not match anyone who was known to be at the scene. DNA testing will also be conducted on all human biological material and hairs found on the tube sock in the ally several houses away shortly after officers arrived at the crime scene.

The reason why the young son was alive. He was asleep upstairs with Darin.

How could the intruder theory "be put forth" if Darlie climbed the stairs and attempted to stab the little baby right in front of Darin.

The two boys slept downstairs.....they were killed. There was no witnesses.

Now how would one explain Darin being alive if the baby was found stabbed.

BTW, murderers have their own twisted justification and reasons why they do what they do. Remember they are killers..........

Many mothers have killed their kids for reasons only known to them.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back