Darlie Routier on Death Row

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
j2mirish said:
just what i would want to wrap a child in--- a blanket made by a woman who was in prison for butchering her own two children-- and please dont come back and say at least they have blankets----- they should NEVER be sent to a childrens hospital-----------------quite honeslty i wouldnt let them go to an animal shelter for their comfort- animals deserve better than that
O, J2, I don't think any of those babies will be "marked" by being wrapped in baby blankets made my death row inmates. Shoot, my mother used to hang out in an embalming room when she was pregnant with me, and look at me. I am not marked. Or am I? :rolleyes:

SadieMae said:
I had a co-worker who's husband worked as a prison guard in Gatesville. He said the same thing. He said they are nasty!!!!
Just look at women's restrooms compared to men's. They are always a lot nastier. I don't get it. We are always harping at home about cleaning up and complaining about our men being slops. Let us out anywhere and we're instant pigs. What gives??

Goody said:
Hey, Sadie, I've been to Fort Hood. More years ago than I want to count, but I was there. My uncle worked there after he retired from the air force.
Goat had basic training there
18_3_205.gif

Goody said:
Hey, Sadie, I've been to Fort Hood. More years ago than I want to count, but I was there. My uncle worked there after he retired from the air force.
Well if you haven't been here in the last 7 years, you wouldn't know the place. I moved here in 93, Red Lobster was the only high class restaurant here then, LOL. From the main gate at Fort Hood to the Mall, there was nothing, now theres restaurants, car dealerships and shopping all the way to Harker Heights. You name it, we got it or they're fixin to build it.

SadieMae said:
Well if you haven't been here in the last 7 years, you wouldn't know the place. I moved here in 93, Red Lobster was the only high class restaurant here then, LOL. From the main gate at Fort Hood to the Mall, there was nothing, now theres restaurants, car dealerships and shopping all the way to Harker Heights. You name it, we got it or they're fixin to build it.
Shoot, I was there in the 60's ! hahahahahahah. I don't remember anything but the base. Shoot, that may have been all there was there back then.

Goody said:
O, J2, I don't think any of those babies will be "marked" by being wrapped in baby blankets made my death row inmates. Shoot, my mother used to hang out in an embalming room when she was pregnant with me, and look at me. I am not marked. Or am I? :rolleyes:
apples and boulders goody-its the point--

I shouldn't think they have "Lovingly Stitched By Darlie Routier" on them. Not least because they'd doubtlessly end up on eBay:crazy:

britgirl said:
If anyone is interested in the trials and tribulations of Erica Sheppard, I found this little snippet. Seems she wanted to die until she had a close encounter with God. Make of it what you will!

http://home.c2i.net/sissel.norway/erica.html:loser:

She was speaking aloud to God, she says, when He told her not to give up. So Sheppard called her attorney and said she wanted to file
an appeal. Sheppard will likely remain on death row for several more years while her case winds through the courts.

HOW CONVENIENT!!!!

j2mirish said:
apples and boulders goody-its the point--
O, I know that, but logically speaking...well, never mind. It's not really an issue for me, but I understand why some would find it repulsive.

this was taken from that article...

"Recently, 4 of Texas's 7 condemned women sat in their cozy, immaculate living room, watching Oprah and opening stacks of mail. Behind them
stretched a single row of cells. These women inhabit a self-contained world, interacting on a day-to-day basis only with 1 another and the
prison staff."

From Erica's earlier letter she made sound completely different. A cozy living room watching Oprah???!!!!! :banghead:

Goody said:
O, I know that, but logically speaking...well, never mind. It's not really an issue for me, but I understand why some would find it repulsive.
why never mind- j2m has no logic??
I am glad you will at least agree some would find it repulsive - I do-

j2mirish said:
why never mind- j2m has no logic??
I am glad you will at least agree some would find it repulsive - I do-
I know you do and that is why there was no point in arguing the other side of the issue. It would only fall on deaf ears. Not saying that is a bad thing, only that it is the situation. And since it is not an issue for me, I didn't have the motivation to proceed. Even if you didn't find it repulsive, I am not sure I would be motivated toward much discussion on whether Darlie is right or wrong to make baby blankets for children's hospitals. Not the most interesting part of the case for me. Sorry.

Goody said:
Well, its not that Goody. It's, and listen closely: A BABY KILLER is making BABY blankets! Blankets for babies! Of course it won't mark them. It's just how dare Darlie do something kind for any baby! That's not her right! I bet her defense loves that: how could this lady kill babies, look what she's doing now, FOR BABIES!

SadieMae said:
this was taken from that article...

"Recently, 4 of Texas's 7 condemned women sat in their cozy, immaculate living room, watching Oprah and opening stacks of mail. Behind them
stretched a single row of cells. These women inhabit a self-contained world, interacting on a day-to-day basis only with 1 another and the
prison staff."

From Erica's earlier letter she made sound completely different. A cozy living room watching Oprah???!!!!! :banghead:
I like that: "cozy, immaculate living room"..doesn't sound the same as in Erica's letter. Sure, being forced to watch Oprah is just shy of torture, but on the whole, it sounds like a much nicer place to live than Erica would like us to believe.

beesy said:
Well, its not that Goody. It's, and listen closely: A BABY KILLER is making BABY blankets! Blankets for babies! Of course it won't mark them. It's just how dare Darlie do something kind for any baby! That's not her right! I bet her defense loves that: how could this lady kill babies, look what she's doing now, FOR BABIES!
I get the spin on it, Bees. I just don't agree that she shouldn't be allowed to do it. However, I also get why some folks find it repulsive. I probably would, too, but I don't see Darlie as JUST a killer. She, like all of us, is made up of many things and the killing, as horrible as it was, was only one night of her life. Granted, the lying because of it goes on, but still she has a right to repent in any way she sees fit. If that is making baby blankets for children's hospitals, then let her make the blankets. At least it is a positive act. She may never admit that it is her way of repenting, but we know it is.

As a side note, don't you find it interesting that the ladies on death row get to hang out together sometimes?

Goody, you are a very wise woman, and I really enjoy reading your posts. They're fair-minded and balanced and usually observe the world from both sides.

Goody said:
I get the spin on it, Bees. I just don't agree that she shouldn't be allowed to do it. However, I also get why some folks find it repulsive. I probably would, too, but I don't see Darlie as JUST a killer. She, like all of us, is made up of many things and the killing, as horrible as it was, was only one night of her life. Granted, the lying because of it goes on, but still she has a right to repent in any way she sees fit. If that is making baby blankets for children's hospitals, then let her make the blankets. At least it is a positive act. She may never admit that it is her way of repenting, but we know it is.

As a side note, don't you find it interesting that the ladies on death row get to hang out together sometimes?
I'm glad you can see the spin. It's not really that I think they shouldn't allow her to do it. I think it's just really nervey of her to. I see it as PR for herself, nothing more than that. I don't think she's repenting.
And yes, I do find it interesting, the whole thing fascinates me. I know Karla Faye didn't mind DR all that much. The book indicated her life was better in there than in the streets of her old life. She and the others, wasn't Darlie there already,(?) created these little recipes. They'd get some very basic staples, like powdered butter and cheese, etc. With that they created their own little dishes. The writer of the book said the girls were always giggling and teasing one another. Sounded like a dang slumber party to me
13_1_104v.gif

HeartofTexas said:
Goody, you are a very wise woman, and I really enjoy reading your posts. They're fair-minded and balanced and usually observe the world from both sides.
7_4_13.gif
To Goody

britgirl said:
If anyone is interested in the trials and tribulations of Erica Sheppard, I found this little snippet. Seems she wanted to die until she had a close encounter with God. Make of it what you will!

http://home.c2i.net/sissel.norway/erica.html:loser:

She was speaking aloud to God, she says, when he told her not to give up. So Sheppard called her attorney and said she wanted to file an appeal.

I think not. What He actually said was, "Erica baby, you'll be moseying up to my pearly gates soon. Guess which way the almighty thumb will be pointing."

She couldn't get to the phone fast enough after that Divine Encounter, ahahaha!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back