Darlie Routier on Death Row

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
beesy said:
Well, considering that I posted that 25 posts ago and we have all since moved on, you seem to be the one bringing it up again, so I shall quote you "enough already" thank you
O, come on, Bees. What else you got to do but post? Cut the girl some slack.

Goody said:
O, come on, Bees. What else you got to do but post? Cut the girl some slack.
Don't come on bees me. She's giving me a hard time telling me to drop something that's been waaaay dropped. Cut me some slack girl. And I have to watch Crossing Jordan! See? I do have important things to do

beesy said:
Jeana
I'm not sure if the Richard Speck link is too graphic or not. I figure we're all adults here and he is a murderer, but it might be a little over the top. What do you think?

I don't want to look. PLEASE!!!!!! Don't make me look. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't want to look. PLEASE!!!!!! Don't make me look. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:
Ha! I'm actually sitting here laughing. Goody thought it was ok. It's just a gross 50ish killer with a pock-marked face walking around in undies with his "girlfriend". The bad part is looking at Speck's addition to his upper body. :sick:

beesy said:
Ha! I'm actually sitting here laughing. Goody thought it was ok. It's just a gross 50ish killer with a pock-marked face walking around in undies with his "girlfriend". The bad part is looking at Speck's addition to his upper body. :sick:

tee hee hee. I had seen the video they made. He kinda looks like this lady I saw once at a retirement home who had a stroke and couldn't keep her wig on straight. :p :p :p

The more I see about what goes on inside these prisons, the more I like the idea of the "Super Max" prisons where prisoners who fit a certain criteria are locked in solitude 24/7 and never have any contact whatever with any humans - period. I think that's the least they can do for murderers like this.

This document explains the basic operation of the capital punishment system in Texas. It begins with the crime, and then includes a trial, incarceration, an appeals process, some final appeals, and finishes with the execution itself.

Here's the link

A highlight:

Appeal

After the trial in district court, there are appeals. The first stage of appeals is the direct appeals stage, and the first appeal of that stage is always to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, the highest criminal court in the state. Every death penalty case is automatically sent to the Court of Criminal Appeals, even if the defendant wishes to waive his appeals.

Jeana (DP) said:
tee hee hee. I had seen the video they made. He kinda looks like this lady I saw once at a retirement home who had a stroke and couldn't keep her wig on straight. :p :p :p

The more I see about what goes on inside these prisons, the more I like the idea of the "Super Max" prisons where prisoners who fit a certain criteria are locked in solitude 24/7 and never have any contact whatever with any humans - period. I think that's the least they can do for murderers like this.

OMG, wiping cheeks, what a hoot, LOL.

Jeana (DP) said:

I am with you, Jeana. That video was about a lot more than some jerkoff strutting his stuff for attention. The depravity is lower than the gutter.

BTW, Bees, Speck was the girlfriend. :sick:

He was getting drunk and high in prison, commingling with his lover like they were a couple in a private apartment, talking about his crimes (which were gruesome) and all sorts of other depraved, trash talk. If that won't make your stomach roll, nothing will. <shudder>

Goody said:
I am with you, Jeana. That video was about a lot more than some jerkoff strutting his stuff for attention. The depravity is lower than the gutter.

BTW, Bees, Speck was the girlfriend. :sick:

He was getting drunk and high in prison, commingling with his lover like they were a couple in a private apartment, talking about his crimes (which were gruesome) and all sorts of other depraved, trash talk. If that won't make your stomach roll, nothing will. <shudder>
Oh really? I thought he was the boy, even though he acted like a woman! Snorting coke too! He said about his victims, "it just wasn't their night". :furious: He didn't seem to only want attention. That type of person does want it, but he was enjoying his dang self. That link isn't the whole video. Just clips and quotes

beesy said:
Oh really? I thought he was the boy, even though he acted like a woman! Snorting coke too! He said about his victims, "it just wasn't their night". :furious: He didn't seem to only want attention. That type of person does want it, but he was enjoying hid dang self. That link isn't the whole video. Just clips and quotes

He was definately the beyotch!! Didn't you see those breasts????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jeana (DP) said:
Actually there was this movie with Tom (Turkey-Baste my girlfriend) Cruise called Minority Report, and they would take the prisoners and cryogenically or otherwise suspend their being, locked in individual pods, listening to this horrible organ music all day and night. I think THAT is what they should do to them. Then no more poor corrections officers have to be subject to that terrible job! Court TV just had a thing on COs in Pelican Bay, man what a dangerous job! God bless them. They put their lives and their families lives at risk every day...

Jeana (DP) said:
He was definately the beyotch!! Didn't you see those breasts????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

they were firmer than mine! How jealous was I?

So thery're NOT allowed to watch TV after all??? Someone should tell Erica Sheppard...

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes, I did, ew...there's a still photo of him um..behind the other guy, so I thought...ew :blushing:

Mama-cita said:
Actually there was this movie with Tom (Turkey-Baste my girlfriend) Cruise called Minority Report, and they would take the prisoners and cryogenically or otherwise suspend their being, locked in individual pods, listening to this horrible organ music all day and night. I think THAT is what they should do to them. Then no more poor corrections officers have to be subject to that terrible job! Court TV just had a thing on COs in Pelican Bay, man what a dangerous job! God bless them. They put their lives and their families lives at risk every day...
Ha! Forced to listen to horrible music, that's a good one. Was there muzac too?

cami said:
This document explains the basic operation of the capital punishment system in Texas. It begins with the crime, and then includes a trial, incarceration, an appeals process, some final appeals, and finishes with the execution itself.

Here's the link

A highlight:

Appeal

After the trial in district court, there are appeals. The first stage of appeals is the direct appeals stage, and the first appeal of that stage is always to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, the highest criminal court in the state. Every death penalty case is automatically sent to the Court of Criminal Appeals, even if the defendant wishes to waive his appeals.
This is where Darlie's at:

"The next stage of appeals is the habeas corpus stage. In this stage, the defendant raises issues that were not raised in his trial. Habeas corpus writs may be filed in both state and federal courts, and they may be heard by the trial court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a federal district court, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (New Orleans), and the U.S. Supreme Court. The habeas corpus stage may take many years, or it may go very quickly. If any appeals court finds what it determines is a serious error, it can reverse the guilty verdict (trial phase) or the death sentence (punishment phase), or both. Often, the case is then retried before a new jury, and the prosecution attempts to arrive at another guilty verdict and death sentence, and, if successful, the appeals process starts all over again."

Texas law defines capital murder as follows:
  1. murder of a peace officer or firefighter acting in the line of duty, when the person knows the victim is a peace officer or firefighter,
  2. murder during the commission of kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, or obstruction or retaliation,
  3. murder for remuneration,
  4. murder during prison escape,
  5. murder of a correctional employee,
  6. murder by a state prison inmate who is serving a life sentence of any of five offenses (murder, capital murder, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault, or aggravated robbery),
  7. murder of more than one person in one event, or of multiple persons in a related series of events, or
  8. murder of an individual under six years of age.

divider.gif
According to this, Darlie could have been tried for Devon's murder to and still qualified for the death penalty. See #7.

beesy said:
Oh really? I thought he was the boy, even though he acted like a woman! Snorting coke too! He said about his victims, "it just wasn't their night". :furious: He didn't seem to only want attention. That type of person does want it, but he was enjoying his dang self. That link isn't the whole video. Just clips and quotes
The guy was disgusting. Beyond disgusting. His prison sex life was even worse. His attitude about his victims was totally in the toilet. If anyone deserved to be annilated, it was him. Just remembering what I saw of it years ago is enough to still make my skin crawl.

Jeana (DP) said:
And that was another thing. :furious: Didn't he do something to make them grow like that? It seems to me I recall some disgusting thing about how he did it. I hope it wasnt with state money, but who knows. Anything is possible. Excuse me now while I go barf!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back