Darlie's injuries

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if my above post contains links that I am not permitted to post....not sure if that is against the rules. :(

I think that is especially true of a deep bruise. It takes time for the blood to seep through the tissues and then for the tissues to start turning colors. My mother stepped in a mole tunnel two weeks ago and badly sprained her ankle and fractured her leg. She still has horrible looking bruises.
It depends on the patient, and I am NOT on blood thinner. My bruises appear almost immediately. Hubby very seldom bruises, and he's on an aspirin regime.

What do you think "rendered unconscious" means?

Yes, rendered unconscious from a severe beating. Many supporters believe that to be the case, but no blows to the face or head. Now just simply saying she fainted/passed out can now exclude any talk of being in that state from an assault. IMO

I am concerned about that video being played in court and prejudicing the jury.

Too bad that Darlie invited the TV news crew to come film the Bday party at the grave site. That was all her doing. Can't blame the police or the DA when it was Darlie & family who set that up.

Yes, the bruised arm looks more like a bleed after surgery but the docs say it's blunt force trauma. How do you apply bft on only one arm and with no broken bones?

Those bruises sure are a mystery.

And a mystery as to what this "intruder" used to render blunt force trauma blows. He has a KNIFE! He seems to be on a mission to kill only, yet he stops stabbing to beat the inside of her arm. SMH

Yes, rendered unconscious from a severe beating. Many supporters believe that to be the case, but no blows to the face or head. Now just simply saying she fainted/passed out can now exclude any talk of being in that state from an assault. IMO

In your opinion. I was in a car accident that I didn't receive any head injuries from yet I still passed out. My son dislocated his knee and passed out. It can happen with or without a head injury. You have no idea what type of trauma could cause a person to pass out.

Did Darlie talk about a "beating" in any of her police interviews? In the 911 call she doesn't mention anything about it. When she spoke to various people in the hospital she didn't mention anything about being beaten. She changed the wording to "frightening" instead of "fighting" from her 911 call. So she wasn't fighting, she remembers only going after this intruder but he had already stabbed her and she slept through that. At what point in this struggle that she doesn't remember did this beating occur?

And a mystery as to what this "intruder" used to render blunt force trauma blows. He has a KNIFE! He seems to be on a mission to kill only, yet he stops stabbing to beat the inside of her arm. SMH

You should read Ronald Goldman's autopsy. Guess where he has bruises at.

Goldman fought back and it was a fast and viscous fight. He desperately fought for his life that night -- he wasn't laying on a couch sleeping or being "frightening."

You have no idea what type of trauma could cause a person to pass out.

What I really would like to know is what type of trauma could spark the recovery. I mean, in this case, a cut to the neck, a stab to the shoulder, a stab to the forearm, and blunt force trauma blows didn't do it. Compared to what Darlie said really woke her up....a pressing on her shoulder.

Just read Goldman's autopsy, where were the extensive bruises traveling from the wrist all the way up to the armpit? And his were defensive wounds. You are saying Darlie is passed out, how is someone who is "passed out" able to throw up their arm in self defense?

Goldman fought back and it was a fast and viscous fight. He desperately fought for his life that night -- he wasn't laying on a couch sleeping or being "frightening."

2 millimeters more all those bruises to her arms and hands would have been listed as defensive wounds (as the same exact bruises Goldman had were) and we'd be sitting here debating how Darin could sleep through the whole thing and dissecting every fluctuation in his voice and mispronunciation he made during his 911 call.

What I really would like to know is what type of trauma could spark the recovery. I mean, in this case, a cut to the neck, a stab to the shoulder, a stab to the forearm, and blunt force trauma blows didn't do it. Compared to what Darlie said really woke her up....a pressing on her shoulder.

Just read Goldman's autopsy, where were the extensive bruises traveling from the wrist all the way up to the armpit? And his were defensive wounds. You are saying Darlie is passed out, how is someone who is "passed out" able to throw up their arm in self defense?

For starters, Goldman died. His body didn't continue the healing process that might have lead to those bruises becoming much larger in size.

Secondly, I'm not sure how you think the attack played out. Darlie would have been asleep when it began. She could have been startled awake and instantly started fighting off whatever the initial assault was. The guy started fighting back. She got cut in the face, stabbed in the shoulder, stabbed twice in the arm, clearly had multiple blows to the arms and hands and a slash to the throat. That would be enough for just about anyone to pass out.

And as you pointed out above... the medical term for fainting or passing out, is precisely defined as a transient loss of consciousness and postural tone, characterized by rapid onset, short duration, and spontaneous recovery,

She then woke up, or came to if you prefer, when Damon pushed on her.

Secondly, I'm not sure how you think the attack played out.

I think the attack played out when Darlie stabbed her sleeping children.

She got cut in the face, stabbed in the shoulder, stabbed twice in the arm, clearly had multiple blows to the arms and hands and a slash to the throat. That would be enough for just about anyone to pass out.

Cut to the face?

2 millimeters more all those bruises to her arms and hands would have been listed as defensive wounds (as the same exact bruises Goldman had were) and we'd be sitting here debating how Darin could sleep through the whole thing and dissecting every fluctuation in his voice and mispronunciation he made during his 911 call.

Perhaps, though the crime scene would not have changed to suddenly show someone else being there, and a forensic link to Darin may still have been absent. Might have been ruled as a "murder/suicide." The one big change that would have occurred is that if Darlie died then the lies/stories she told would obviously not be part of the case.

Perhaps, though the crime scene would not have changed to suddenly show someone else being there, and a forensic link to Darin may still have been absent. Might have been ruled as a "murder/suicide." The one big change that would have occurred is that if Darlie died then the lies/stories she told would obviously not be part of the case.

There is no forensic link to Darlie. Had she just laid on the couch and died not a single person would believe, with all her injuries, that she killed the boys then herself. No way.

Yes there is a forensic link between the boys and Darlie -- the castoff blood on the back of her Tshirt still would have been there, along with the various mixes of blood on the Tshirt. Had she been found on the couch, laying on her back, as she claimed she was, there would still be no reasonable/believable explanation for the castoff blood on the back shoulder of her Tshirt that points to innocence. Those castoff blood spatters damn her either way.

Further, another forensic link would still exist - the one on the sock. Her DNA/skin cells on the toe area and blood from her sons on the sock. That would not have changed either.

The knife print on the carpet, in her blood, would still exist, showing that the knife was put down.

The fiberglass fibers would still be on the knife in the butcher block.

And let's not forget that the blood flow at the sink area shows that Darlie was bleeding straight downward, which indicates this is where she likely slashed her own throat. That evidence would still exist. And, if she happened to collapse right there due to a 2 millimeter mistake, the knife would be near her and her attempts at cleanup would have been thwarted. You're assuming Darlie would have died on the couch. Not necessarily and not based on where the blood was found. She started dropping her blood in the kitchen.

Yes, she had a cut to her face.

14 Q. Okay. I mean, you weren't hit in the
15 face, that's for sure, were you?
16 A. Directly in the face?
17 Q. Yes, we can't see any bruises on your
18 face, can we?
19 A. No, sir.
20 Q. Okay. And you weren't stabbed in your
21 face, were you?
22 A. Not stabbed. There were marks on my
23 face.
24 Q. You weren't beaten in the chest,
25 stomach, back or anything like that?

http://darliefacts.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/66_darlie-lynn-routier.pdf

Darlie herself says "There were marks on my face". She doesn't even say "cut".

I love it when arguments are made for a killer that neither they nor their defense team made. It's like supporters take over and nuance the case evidence to turn it into something else. I've seen this in lots of cases and DR's is no different.

14 Q. Okay. I mean, you weren't hit in the
15 face, that's for sure, were you?
16 A. Directly in the face?
17 Q. Yes, we can't see any bruises on your
18 face, can we?
19 A. No, sir.
20 Q. Okay. And you weren't stabbed in your
21 face, were you?
22 A. Not stabbed. There were marks on my
23 face.
24 Q. You weren't beaten in the chest,
25 stomach, back or anything like that?

http://darliefacts.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/66_darlie-lynn-routier.pdf

Darlie herself says "There were marks on my face". She doesn't even say "cut".

http://books.google.com/books?id=-D...age&q=darlie routier arrest affidavit&f=false

Scroll up to page 66. See where Patterson says says she had a cut or scrape to the face?

And would you look at that... A cut on the left side of her face. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Patterson and whoever took those pictures.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back