Darlie's injuries

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
j2mirish said:
although I appreciate the thought behind the rehab facility..and I know exactly what you mean- but why isnt 2.5 years behind bars, without a drink of any kind, talk about "on the wagon" reflecting on the death you caused to a man 2 days before Christmas, who left behind 2 children a wife and family...enough to say to yourself...damn I am going to get a second chance.....I dont know how much more attention someone would need drawn to themselves after this "mishap":boohoo: again--I truley dont care about WHY people do the things they doooo- they should get the help they need before it reaches the point of murder , whether intentional or not.
I agree and truly responsible people do. Unfortunately we are not all that strong. Some of us cannot fight a powerful addiction, sometimes because we don't try and sometimes because we just can't. Alcohol is a powerful addiction. A friend of my son's just got out of rehab and went out and got drunk the very first night. Mostly because his friends, my son included, were willing to drink with him. They don't understand why this man can't drink in moderation (as if any of them do!!!). I fear it will take something like you are talking about to get thru to these young men, although my son is very conscientious about not driving under the influence. Doesn't mean he refrains all the time though.

j2mirish said:
i cant speak for anyone else-- but I would still be outraged----what if it was her to olders siblings? What difference does it make?? I think the fact it was her own children, the BRUTALITY...and then the fricking DENIAL...is what makes this even more emotional than "JUST" (tongue in cheek) her having killed 2 adults...
I didn't mean "Just" two adults. It was a fair question. People are always more outraged and more inflamed when the victims are children. I just wondered if someone who killed adults would make you as angry as someone who killed defenseless children.

I really had mixed feelings about Karla Faye, too, but could care less about Tommy Lynn Sells or that Rader fellow. Don't you ever feel conflicted?

j2mirish said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Imo --that is the biggest problem with society today.......we always have an excuse, or list of "reasons" for the choice someone has made...........

I will be the first to admitt the mistakes I make-- but I can aslo from the bottom of my heart say--I have never blamed anyone else or any "reason"....( ok...I'm not talking about when i was 10 years old- LOL)
We don't know if we offered Darlie an opportunity to get out of prison today as long as she told the whole truth, step by step, that she would blame anyone else for what happened. That is something we interject into it because she won't tell the truth.

And reasons are important because without them we learn nothing. Reasons do not excuse an act unless the listener chooses them to. I would be no more inclined to excuse Darlie this act of violence if I knew exactly why she did it than I am now without knowing. I might be more inclinded to lean more one way than the other on punishment, but I don't think that excuses anything.

Cassata11 said:
Maybe we need a debate board of for/against the Death Penalty here on websleuths. I haven't found a good board yet.

Blessings!!
Cassata
I thought there was one here. There is one on Court TV and a place for one at GAC.

j2mirish said:
At the very least tucker admiitted to the murders she and her boyfriend committed
But did she deserve leniency/mercy because of her remarkable rehabilitation?

Goody said:
I didn't mean "Just" two adults. It was a fair question. People are always more outraged and more inflamed when the victims are children. I just wondered if someone who killed adults would make you as angry as someone who killed defenseless children.

I really had mixed feelings about Karla Faye, too, but could care less about Tommy Lynn Sells or that Rader fellow. Don't you ever feel conflicted?
I know you didnt mean "just"-- I guess since I am new to the forum here, it is fair that you folks dont know my sarcasim, or my effort at humor! ( i know you have all seen my spelling errors, as I dont take much time to go back and correct- please forgive me) :blushing:

Does someone that kills there own children make me angrier than someone like tucker...absolutely, without question....
Do i ever feel conflict about someone who has killed.....honestly...no--- have I felt sorry for any of them...maybe......but that has never left me feeling they deserve a second chance. I dont belive that means I am correct-- I just believe life is too precious for someone to just take it away-

Goody said:
I agree and truly responsible people do. Unfortunately we are not all that strong. Some of us cannot fight a powerful addiction, sometimes because we don't try and sometimes because we just can't. Alcohol is a powerful addiction. A friend of my son's just got out of rehab and went out and got drunk the very first night. Mostly because his friends, my son included, were willing to drink with him. They don't understand why this man can't drink in moderation (as if any of them do!!!). I fear it will take something like you are talking about to get thru to these young men, although my son is very conscientious about not driving under the influence. Doesn't mean he refrains all the time though.
I know all about alcohol addiction- my mother who was one one the most beautiful giving people in this world fought it- however- she didnt drive when she drank--and here again- have i driven when i shouldnt...yes--- but have i ever had a dui? noooo--- would i drive if i had one? absolutly not- that in my own mind would be my second chance-My sister and I both saw her the first night out of a number of re-hab programs do the same thing-(drink, not drive) so i even believe that when someone has a "problem" there is still a sense of ownership or responsibility that can go along with it- I believe that may have been one of the reason ours family thought the guy that killed my brother in law...didnt mean to do it....but he simply didnt care- because 2.5 years later...he did it again

Goody said:
What if the victims had been adults? Would you still feel outraged? How did you feel about Karla Faye Tucker? Would you put Darlie and Karla in the same bag?
I'd still feel that way if the victims were adults. To be honest, though, I probably feel more outrage because Devon and Damon were defenseless children.

Karla Faye? LWOP. Her remarkable rehabilitation goes to show that a lifetime in prison doesn't have to be wasted.

And I think Karla is the very epitome of evil. I can't stand that she's out of prison. Death? No.
LWOP? No doubt.

OT, but as long as Karla came up--
I was just reading up on her the other night, and it seems she's being accused of breaking some of the conditions of her parole.

Goody, there are major differences between Darlie and Karla Faye. First off, Karla admitted her crime. Darlie never has. Secondly, Karla Faye made her life stand for something... she asked for forgiveness and led a life of compassion while behind bars. Darlie still hasn't admitted she's done anything wrong so what is she supposed to rehabilitate? What Karla Faye did was as wrong as what Darlie did. The age of the victims makes the crimes more horrific to me... and obviously does to the State also since they make killing anyone under the age of 6 eligible for the death penalty... but killing any innocent person is a crime, IMO. However, due to the fact that Karla Faye turned her life around, yes, I would love to have seen her sentence commuted to LWOP. Nothing was served by her being put to death, IMO.

Irish, are you talking about two different Karla's in your post? Karla Homolka and Karla Faye Tucker? Or are you just talking about one of them.

HeartofTexas said:
Goody, there are major differences between Darlie and Karla Faye. First off, Karla admitted her crime. Darlie never has. Secondly, Karla Faye made her life stand for something... she asked for forgiveness and led a life of compassion while behind bars. Darlie still hasn't admitted she's done anything wrong so what is she supposed to rehabilitate? What Karla Faye did was as wrong as what Darlie did. The age of the victims makes the crimes more horrific to me... and obviously does to the State also since they make killing anyone under the age of 6 eligible for the death penalty... but killing any innocent person is a crime, IMO. However, due to the fact that Karla Faye turned her life around, yes, I would love to have seen her sentence commuted to LWOP. Nothing was served by her being put to death, IMO.
I agree, and I also agree that Darlie has not lived up to Karla's in-prison example. It is just that Karla is the only example I could come up with that people might not want to see executed, in spite of the horrific crime. I do not think anything was served by killing her either.

There are times, however, when executing someone does serve society. Who should be the judge of whom to spare though is an even bigger question. I suppose the powers that be wouldn't want to broach that subject, and I can't blame them. Most of us would never agree and we'd still be hollering for change.

I know that Darlie and women like her do not deserve mercy on the basis of their crime, but on the other hand, it is such a shame to see life like that wasted, esp when the Karla H's are footloose and fancy free in just a few years.

Goody said:
I agree, and I also agree that Darlie has not lived up to Karla's in-prison example. It is just that Karla is the only example I could come up with that people might not want to see executed, in spite of the horrific crime. I do not think anything was served by killing her either.

There are times, however, when executing someone does serve society. Who should be the judge of whom to spare though is an even bigger question. I suppose the powers that be wouldn't want to broach that subject, and I can't blame them. Most of us would never agree and we'd still be hollering for change.

I know that Darlie and women like her do not deserve mercy on the basis of their crime, but on the other hand, it is such a shame to see life like that wasted, esp when the Karla H's are footloose and fancy free in just a few years.
I believe at the point of the murder itself, their entity is wasted......
as for Karla H being let out of prison......aaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhh she in my opinion should have been lwop or dp--

HeartofTexas said:
Irish, are you talking about two different Karla's in your post? Karla Homolka and Karla Faye Tucker? Or are you just talking about one of them.
Heart, two different Karla's...

Karla Faye, I would have liked to have seen her sentance commuted to LWOP. But not get out of prison. I think she's a prime example of a life in prison doesn't necessarily equal a wasted life.

Karla (Homolka) is plain evil, IMO. I think she should have gotten LWOP. But not death.

IrishMist said:
Heart, two different Karla's...

Karla Faye, I would have liked to have seen her sentance commuted to LWOP. But not get out of prison. I think she's a prime example of a life in prison doesn't necessarily equal a wasted life.

Karla (Homolka) is plain evil, IMO. I think she should have gotten LWOP. But not death.
I have to admitt I would have said dp--- but she certainly should not be out of prison now--- just dont understand.....

j2mirish said:
I believe at the point of the murder itself, their entity is wasted......
I knew you would say that and you are correct, of course. I am beginning to think that these women who do these things are an aberrition (hope I spelled that right). All lifeforms have them, reproductions that aren't true to their species. It is just so darned hard to think what they could become if they were indeed the personality they project. Can a person be both evil and good at the same time? Let's face it, good people do rotten things all the time. They just don't murder. Can a good person cross that line or do only the aberritions cross it? Lots of heavy questions floating around in my head lately? hahahaha.

j2mirish said:
I have to admitt I would have said dp--- but she certainly should not be out of prison now--- just dont understand.....
O, there are two Irishes. No wonder I am confused. LOL! I can't call you Irish because I call IrishMist Irish. Now what can I call you? J2?

Goody said:
I knew you would say that and you are correct, of course. I am beginning to think that these women who do these things are an aberrition (hope I spelled that right). All lifeforms have them, reproductions that aren't true to their species. It is just so darned hard to think what they could become if they were indeed the personality they project. Can a person be both evil and good at the same time? Let's face it, good people do rotten things all the time. They just don't murder. Can a good person cross that line or do only the aberritions cross it? Lots of heavy questions floating around in my head lately? hahahaha.
I am not here to be correct-- just voicing my opionions on this murder-Do I think a person can be good & evil?.....It depends on exactly how YOU define evil- You have stated you dont see darlie as monsterous, so it is difficult for me to know what your description of evil might be--does everybody do rotten things, even thought they may be very good people..yes I believe we do-but there is a very big difference between doing something rotten..and murder---do good people cross the line and then murder? maybe---but- as you will expect this answer form me...once they cross the line & murder...it doesnt much matter what kind of person they were....because they no longer are....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back