***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Champers, don't worry. IMHO these people aren't like normal people like you and me who would be terrified, even if we knew we hadn't done anything wrong. Denial of reality Is part of that narcissistic-sociopathic pathology.

Sometimes it's a lot easier for people in authority (police, nurses, prison officers for example) to get people to be co-operative by establishing a friendly, casual manner with them - sort of 'we're on your side', if you like. It also makes it easier to get information from people too, and that's how many crooks come undone.

IMO IMO of course...

Thank you! I hope this is the case. Still makes me feel nervous and so sad for her family. xx

FYI , all these witnesses are being cross examined from their statements. So has Danny Boyle said much if anything. Any objections by him?
How do they decide to list the witnesses to take the stand Ali? In what order I mean.

As in 'oh my god what are you doing' :(

Yep, that's what first came to mind for me.
Regardless of anything the defence put forward they can't escape the witnesses hearing screams that night. I don't think that goes well with someone attempting suicide.

Even though there didn't seem to be evidence of her being beaten etc it doesn't mean he didn't run at her with something but never used it... that could be the alarmed scream?

12:21pm (AEST):

Witness Brian Mason has told the court he lives near Kholo Creek in Anstead, 700m from the bridge under which Allison's body was found on April 30.

Defence barrister Peter Davis said there was 700m of trees and other foliage between the bridge and Mr Mason's home.

Mr Mason said he and his wife contacted Crime Stoppers about two matters to do with the Baden-Clay case.

He said the first involved his wife spotting two cars on the side of Mt Crosby Rd at 4am - although the court was not told on which day.

The second was hearing dogs bark.

"Your dog, a German Shepherd, started barking around 12.30am," Mr Davis said.

Mr Mason agreed.

"When I managed to get my dog to stop barking, I could hear howling," Mr Mason said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-starts-today/story-e6freoof-1226594302360

This isn't quite right - mr mason definitely told the court his wife saw the cars on mt Crosby rd at 4am on 20 April. He gave the date.

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

Lots of left right confusion as Baden-Clay barrister attempts to find out from Fiona Glenn the direction she was facing when heard a noise

Lots of left right confusion as Baden-Clay barrister attempts to find out from Fiona Glenn the direction she was facing when heard a noise

Re Mr Mason's wife seeing the cars - I wonder where she saw the cars? Did she see them from the house, the yard, or was she leaving to go somewhere? Would love to know exactly where these 2 cars were.

FYI , all these witnesses are being cross examined from their statements. So has Danny Boyle said much if anything. Any objections by him?

Yes ali he has asked a few straightforward questions to most, not all witnesses. He hasn't objected yet, but just tried to help clarify confusion caused by Davis and Davis got very miffed at his intervention! :)

Re Mr Mason's wife seeing the cars - I wonder where she saw the cars? Did she see them from the house, the yard, or was she leaving to go somewhere? Would love to know exactly where these 2 cars were.

IF it's the same witness...

May 16, 2012

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.
The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019

Ali - presumably all these witnesses would have been primed by Danny Boyle and his team as to what would be asked by the defence, wouldn't they? They would be prepared for the lines of questioning including the "trip-up" questions? Am I correct in assuming that they would have been prepared like that, or not? Given that they are, in fact, prosecution witnesses...?

Doc, I don't know to what extent they have been "primed". I suspect not greatly, just asked to refresh their memories by reading their statements prior to today's hearing.

I'm pretty sure he said she was leaving to go to work. Didn't speceifically say where on mt Crosby rd though. Presumably near their place?

Is it possible that GBC was given some mild relaxant before attending court. Can they do that??
I think he has just been practicing the "cool calm and collected" act for his court appearance. Underneath he is probably going haywire

Fiona White heard 2 high pitched screams "it was loud enough that I was worried and said I hope she's okay" @abcnews Baden-Clay

Another resident has told of hearing screams. High pitched, definitely from a woman.#katekyriacou

IF it's the same witness...

May 16, 2012

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.
The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019

Thanks Marly. This seems to be another witness, as the cars were mobile at the time. Seems like there might be a few witnesses to the cars in the area that morning....

New Baden-Clay witness. David Jenkinson, Tafe teacher living near where Allison Baden-Clay's body found. @abcnews

Fiona White heard 2 high pitched screams "it was loud enough that I was worried and said I hope she's okay" @abcnews Baden-Clay

Hi snails... you are doing an awesome job with the twitter updates. I'm going to leave it to you for a while.

Doc, I don't know to what extent they have been "primed". I suspect not greatly, just asked to refresh their memories by reading their statements prior to today's hearing.

Is it like on TV how the witnesses are given an idea {by prosecution} what type of questions the other side will ask them to try and disprove their statements??

Certainly all this witness accounts of loud noises and dogs barking and howling would seem to put paid to the suicide theory - she would have been scared and/ or angry but not suicidal - they aren't asking if the noises were unusual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI