Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou

Just heard from another neighbour of the Baden-Clays. This time they heard a shout some time between 8pm and 9pm. #Baden-Clay

12:21pm (AEST):

Witness Brian Mason has told the court he lives near Kholo Creek in Anstead, 700m from the bridge under which Allison's body was found on April 30.

Defence barrister Peter Davis said there was 700m of trees and other foliage between the bridge and Mr Mason's home.

Mr Mason said he and his wife contacted Crime Stoppers about two matters to do with the Baden-Clay case.

He said the first involved his wife spotting two cars on the side of Mt Crosby Rd at 4am - although the court was not told on which day.

The second was hearing dogs bark.

"Your dog, a German Shepherd, started barking around 12.30am," Mr Davis said.

Mr Mason agreed.

"When I managed to get my dog to stop barking, I could hear howling," Mr Mason said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-starts-today/story-e6freoof-1226594302360

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-starts-today/story-e6freoof-1226594302360

12:21pm (AEST):

Witness Brian Mason has told the court he lives near Kholo Creek in Anstead, 700m from the bridge under which Allison's body was found on April 30.

Defence barrister Peter Davis said there was 700m of trees and other foliage between the bridge and Mr Mason's home.

Mr Mason said he and his wife contacted Crime Stoppers about two matters to do with the Baden-Clay case.

He said the first involved his wife spotting two cars on the side of Mt Crosby Rd at 4am - although the court was not told on which day.

The second was hearing dogs bark.

"Your dog, a German Shepherd, started barking around 12.30am," Mr Davis said.

Mr Mason agreed.

"When I managed to get my dog to stop barking, I could hear howling," Mr Mason said.

"I think to my left, straight ahead, and across the river too."

<modsnip>

Just heard from another neighbour of the Baden-Clays. This time they heard a shout some time between 8pm and 9pm. #katekyriacou

John Taylor&#8207;@_JohnTaylor_

Baden-Clay opposite neighbour Kim Tzvetkoff heard women yell - "A startled shocked reaction" night before Allison reported missing @abcnews

Yes, but is it appropriate, given that this matter is all about a dead mother, daughter, sister, friend?
They need to engage with the accused, but to what extent?

Watching that engagement with the accused would be very disturbing and my own first reaction would be How could he? How could they?
But I can also see that for the people who witnessed it, 'how could he' underlines his complete lack of empathy (as if anyone needed evidence of that); and 'how could they' underlines that under the surface of everything on the duck pond, there are little feet madly paddling away for justice in whatever form it might come about.
Glad we had the opportunity to really see his character. Business as usual.

like good cop bad cop, or maybe he really is charming and funny?!

Narcissists are usually the masters of charm. They use it masterfully, and manipulatively. They are often very successful people too, but beneath the amazing exterior is the lack of empathy- and its often only those very close that see this side.
To me, his behaviour today has all the hallmarks I expected to see.
The police are letting themselves down, IMO, by joining him in his charade.
Its all a con.

The husband of the last witness said he also heard a short, sharp yell. He is convinced it was a woman's voice. Sounded startled, shocked. #katekyriacou

Neighbour opposite Baden-Clay's Julie Tzvetkoff heard a very sharp and loud yell the night before Allison reported missing. @abcnews

And her husband is sure it was a female. A shocked, alarmed yell rather than a scream, then it suddenly stopped.

New Baden-Clay witness. Fiona Glenn White @abcnews

From the courier mail

Mr Mason said he was standing in his backyard six weeks ago and realised he could hear the sound of cars travelling over the Kholo Creek bridge.

He called police because he thought it was possible after all that he could have heard someone talking 700m away by the bridge.

11:45am (AEST):

Just have to say, after weeks and weeks of rain and showers in Brisbane, how lovely it is to have the sun shining today. Omen?

New Baden-Clay witness. Fiona Glenn White @abcnews

And her husband is sure it was a female. A shocked, alarmed yell rather than a scream, then it suddenly stopped.
Shocked, alarmed yell... hmmm, this could have been when it ended for her.
These are the kind of witnesses and evidence that we were hoping the police had up their sleeve.

FYI , all these witnesses are being cross examined from their statements. So has Danny Boyle said much if anything. Any objections by him?

Shocked, alarmed yell... hmmm, this could have been when it ended for her.
These are the kind of witnesses and evidence that we were hoping the police had up their sleeve.

As in 'oh my god what are you doing' :(

12:32pm AEST: Witness Julie Tzvetkoff lives across from the Baden-Clay home and said she heard yelling coming from that direction between 8pm and 9pm on April 19.

"It was sharp, loud," she said.

"I couldn't tell if it was male or female."

Defence barrister Peter Davis said there were other homes, a church and a child care centre across from Ms Tzvetkoff's home.

"What I'm suggesting to you is that you heard a yell - the yell didn't necessarily come from the Baden-Clay property," he said.

"It could have come from any of those properties across the road."

Ms Tzetkoff said the noise came from directly opposite where the Baden-Clays lived - not to the right or the left.

"A very sharp hard yell that lasted about one and a half seconds," she said.

Ms Tzetkoff said her dog - which normally only barked at the sound of doors opening and closing - also barked that night.

"Car doors or other doors? What is this door fetish that your dog has?" Mr Davis asked.

Ms Tzetkoff said her dog often barked at the sound of car doors when visitors came over.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...594302360?sv=4ac863cbd3ace59e365dac5d72df8356

Davis getting himself and everyone confused! Judge trying to clarify.

FYI , all these witnesses are being cross examined from their statements. So has Danny Boyle said much if anything. Any objections by him?

Ali - presumably all these witnesses would have been primed by Danny Boyle and his team as to what would be asked by the defence, wouldn't they? They would be prepared for the lines of questioning including the "trip-up" questions? Am I correct in assuming that they would have been prepared like that, or not? Given that they are, in fact, prosecution witnesses...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381