***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Elks‏@sarahelks

Former QLD Minister Bruce Flegg to give evidence in the committal hearing of accused wife-killer Gerard Baden-Clay:

Yep, circumstantial evidence is also known as indirect evidence. It is distinguished from direct evidence, which, if believed, proves the existence of a particular fact without any inference or presumption required. Circumstantial evidence relates to a series of facts other than the particular fact sought to be proved.

The party offering circumstantial evidence argues that this series of facts, by reason and experience, is so closely associated with the fact to be proved that the fact to be proved may be inferred simply from the existence of the circumstantial evidence.

Trooper, where is the witness list?

sorry for delay, strangeworld. a friend in the court, not attached to websleuths sent me that message, not the list. He says, there were originally 43 witnesses, now it says 42 , he cant figure out if Olivia has been dispensed with in re appearing, he is a bit slack in sending stuff, too, I am waiting for it and will post, with his permission.

And I suppose, with websleuths permission ?

First witness in Baden Clay case is a travel agent. She was a very close friend of Allison. @abcnew #katekyriacou

I'm back for a sitting in today too. Could go down to the court as it's a day off, but it made me too nervous last time I went, like I wasn't supposed to be there. This morning walked past at about 7.45am and saw the media setting up.

Nads, you may be more comfortable watching the screening in the foyer

It was Kerrie Walker who said straight off, that she regretted not 'doing more ' for Allison, I think ... that Allison had revealed to her sad and scary stuff which Kerrie kept to herself, which one does, naturally.. I felt for her then and I do now, what a terrible position she must have been in when Allison went missing. ... .

I have to go out for an hour or so shortly so will catch up with any questions when I get back.

:giggle: I'm live on the air on Tricia's True Crime radio and peeking in here to see what's going on. Don't tell on me! :shush:

Just for interest, the courier mail rolling coverage has a delay in getting online as it has to go through their internal legal department first, however the twitter posts from their reporters are live as they don't have much content in them. I was told this by Kate Kyriacou at the second bail hearing as she was sitting next to me.

Poor Kerry being interrogated about her best friend - my heart breaks for her. She is clearly an excellent friend and loved Allison. Davis is giving her a hard time but she is holding up well. They are so desperate pushing this suicide nonsense.

9.55am: The first witness to take the stand is Kerry-Anne Walker, a close friend of Allison Baden-Clay's.

Ms Walker, a Flight Centre travel agent, provided two statements to police - one after she was reported missing and a second after her body was found.

Defence barrister Peter Davis asked Ms Walker whether she believed Baden-Clay was a suspect when she first gave a statement.

She said Baden-Clay had told her police would point the finger at him.

"Gerard mentioned to me the morning he arrived that police would suspect him," she said.

Mr Davis said Ms Walker had made many observations about the couple's relationship in her second statement.

"Allison and I had numerous conversations over numerous years," she said.

"It was what I felt I needed to speak to the police about."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-starts-today/story-e6freoof-1226594302360

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou

Allison Baden-Clay's best friend arguing with defence barrister Peter Davis on the severity of the mum of three's problem with depression.

@KateKyriacou: Allison Baden-Clay's best friend arguing with defence barrister Peter Davis on the severity of the mum of three'sproblem with depression.

Allison Baden-Clay's best friend arguing with defence barrister Peter Davis on the severity of the mum of three'sproblem with depression #katekyriacou

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou

Allison Baden-Clay's best friend arguing with defence barrister Peter Davis on the severity of the mum of three's problem with depression.

Snap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member