***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they're still going to try the suicide defence - it won't fly! Just IMHO

Curiousasacat - I'll try do my best with Twitter in amongst other things.

@AislinOConnor: Baden-Clay: First witness, Alison's friend Kerry-Anne Walker, is being extensively questioned about Alison's mental health. @9NewsBrisbane

John Taylor ‏@_JohnTaylor_
Witness in Baden-Clay murder committal says Allison had history of depression & had good & bad days, & sometimes couldn't leave the house

Sounds like they're still going to try the suicide defence - it won't fly! Just IMHO

they must have some sort of new twist to that story. Doc.. . something extra, because it didnt fly in 2 bail applications.. I just dont see how , unless there IS something off the wall recently discovered and evidence based from Mahoney that will change that direction.

Certainly, Ms Walker is not qualified to say she didnt have depression, but then Gerard isnt quaified, neither is Olivia to say she did have. I'm thinking that it would have to be physician based, and absolutely recent to her demise. Like, the day before or the week before. No less....

Defence exploring witness's knowledge of Allison Baden-Clay's lengthy history of depression. #john taylor

I'm sure she was depressed about her husband cheating on her! Doesn't mean she killed herself! Everyone gets depressed when bad things are happening to them.

This defence is gonna make me grumpy. Marly might need to hide my ray gun.

I'm sure she was depressed about her husband cheating on her! Doesn't mean she killed herself! Everyone gets depressed when bad things are happening to them.

I was just thinking the same thing Kimster....so many people suffer depression, however that doesn't mean they are all suicidal !!

Depression does need medical expert to define what was meant in Allison's case IMO.
Some GP's dole out meds for depression as a quick solution to people living in difficult relationships IMO.

Alison Ariotti ‏@AlisonAriotti
Witness tells court she spoke with Allison Baden-Clay about Allison & Gerard visiting a counsellor.

Surely they're not going to try - again - to suggest a Zoloft overdose? That is so easy to disprove. Not to mention how she got to Kholo Creek 14 Km away with no car. Or why she'd get her hair done the night before. Or why she'd jump off a bridge that isn't all that high anyway - or why jump at all if she took an overdose, etc etc...

I think you need your ray gun for the defence lawyers Kimster....

Your gun is in my pocket Kimster :D:

<modsnip>. As an old contrarian, can I just encourage you that if you really are interested in seeking "justice for all" you have nothing to fear from the truth whether it comes from the prosecution or the defence!

10.05am: Mr Davis asked witness Kerry-Anne Walker whether her friend Allison Baden-Clay suffered from depression.

"She suffered from depression, yes," Ms Walker said.

"After her children were born, she told me she suffered from post natal depression."

However, Ms Walker said Allison had been well the past couple of years.

"She was in a very good state of mind before she went missing," she said.

"There were a few occasions where she mentioned she would take her anti-depression medication.

"Maybe twice in a 10 year period.

"She became more withdrawn. She didn't initiate any catch ups as she had prior."

Mr Davis said Ms Walker, in her statements to police, had suggested that the bouts of depression were due to her troubled relationship with her husband.

"I felt that at the time," she said.

"But you're not a psychologist," Mr Davis said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...594302360?sv=4ac863cbd3ace59e365dac5d72df8356

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny