***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi kiwijayne - did you live in the vicinity behind the BC residence, or did you live on the other side of Brookfield rd eg in the boscombe road area?

I lived behind them next street over. My street was opposite the tennis courts.

Sunrise says two former business partners, forensic accountant, and forensic medical officer on the list today.

B105 Brisbane‏@B105Brisbane

2 medical officers will take the stand at Gerard Baden-Clay's committal hearing today to give evidence about his scratches #Newsfeed

Indeed! Given the very close relationship between the police and the media (they tend to feed each other) one does indeed wonder. Could it be that they were "encouraged" not to???

NBC, EBC and GBC have had ample opportunity up to this day to develop a close relationship with police through formal statements and interviews in order to refute any claims of a call at the very least. No one co-operated, therefore they have no control over was is drafted as evidence.

Also- hi everyone. I'm one of those first time callers, long time listeners. Been here since the first thread and admire all of you!

Also- hi everyone. I'm one of those first time callers, long time listeners. Been here since the first thread and admire all of you!

:welcome: to posting. Nice to have you here Fascinated..

I don't normally do the welcoming so I'm sure you'll get more of these : )

Just reading some more news articles from today's hearings.... Back to the cuts in his face which we now know are fingernail scratches- they looked for bloody tissues... Did they actually take the razor do we know?? You'd think with deep gouges like that there would still be flesh in the razor! I know that first hand from several little shaving the legs mishaps over the years! Not that it matters because we all KNOW he didn't cut his face shaving!!!!

Hi Ippygal, there are photos of the razor in this link

Court documents show police focus on "blunt razor" cuts on Gerard Baden-Clay's face

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...baden-clays-face/story-e6freoof-1226537344568

GBC said Allison went for a walk at 6am each morning for 2km.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226595359813

I would say that a 2km walk in a hilly district would take 30 minutes.
(4km/hour = 30minutes) - feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

• He sent a text message to Allison at 6.20am on April 20 saying:
    "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? ... Love G".
Out walking, DUH, like she did every morning.

• At 6.41am Baden-Clay sent another text saying: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? ... I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G".
So she is 11 minutes 'late' and he is sooo concerned.

So many inconsistencies (lies) - these are not being highlighted at the committal hearing because the defense is doing the witness cross-examination.

Just wait until the trial (and without a shadow of doubt, there will be one) his lies will be torn to shreds and there will be no reasonable doubt.

All MOO/IMO

I think it may go that when an iPhone reaches fully charged, it will disengage from accepting its charge. Then after some discharge it will reengage and accept a charge to top up.

Interesting. That would be a blow to the prosecution. I would think (hope) they would check that out. Time will tell. Now I really want to read that report!

Hey Stormy and anyone else going to court.
I have been away from Brisbane for a little while but when I worked in George Street I used to park up behind Roma St parklands on the other side near Wickham Tce. You have to walk a little bit but it's a nice walk.They have/had 8 hour meters there were you could park cheaply. There used to be lots of them but not as many anymore,you might still find an 8 hour meter up that way.
Hi CC, the cost of parking has risen considerably in the last 2 months in Brisbane City. Not even any free weekend parking anymore. I have been parking at South Bank in the car parks there when I am heading into the City & walking over the bridge. There is a cheap parking app for anyone with an iPhone - it's brilliant!

Yeah I had a feeling the meters had gone : (
Early bird at Roma St used to be ok but I believe that got rid of that too.

Good luck with parking then guys. LOL. Park and ride perhaps?

I think it may go that when an iPhone reaches fully charged, it will disengage from accepting its charge. Then after some discharge it will reengage and accept a charge to top up.

That's how most chargers work these days - they are self-regulating. But the log files that a phone like the iPhone keeps registers when it is physically connected to a charging device, not just when it is actually drawing current.

And as Neil Robertson said on the witness stand, they actually went out and got an exact duplicate of GBC's iPhone and did the tests to make 110% certain they were interpreting the power logs correctly - and as he testified - they were. They put both GBC's phone and the bought phone on and off charge at various times and compared the logfiles. Nice and thorough.

Do the Iphones do that? I'm not doubting you, it's just that none of my phones ever have. And I've always nagged the kids "Take your phone off once it's fully charged because it's not going to suddenly start charging again."

I suppose with the newer ones they might have new ways.

But I must say I hope this isn't the case... one more thing for the defence to pick at. Though I doubt the case would hinge on that.

Thank you :)

NBC, EBC and GBC have had ample opportunity up to this day to develop a close relationship with police through formal statements and interviews in order to refute any claims of a call at the very least. No one co-operated, therefore they have no control over was is drafted as evidence.

Well said. That is just so true.

And welcome Fascinated.... Good to see you already have your abbreviated nickname. We're all friends here, I'm sure you've noticed. :)

Obby

That's how most chargers work these days - they are self-regulating. But the log files that a phone like the iPhone keeps registers when it is physically connected to a charging device, not just when it is actually drawing current.

And as Neil Robertson said on the witness stand, they actually went out and got an exact duplicate of GBC's iPhone and did the tests to make 110% certain they were interpreting the power logs correctly - and as he testified - they were. They put both GBC's phone and the bought phone on and off charge at various times and compared the logfiles. Nice and thorough.

So... it could mean that it WAS off the charger for a time then, and not just recharging itself? God, I hope so.

GBC said Allison went for a walk at 6am each morning for 2km.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226595359813

I would say that a 2km walk in a hilly district would take 30 minutes.
(4km/hour = 30minutes) - feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

• He sent a text message to Allison at 6.20am on April 20 saying:
    "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? ... Love G".
Out walking, DUH, like she did every morning.

• At 6.41am Baden-Clay sent another text saying: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? ... I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G".
So she is 11 minutes 'late' and he is sooo concerned.

So many inconsistencies (lies) - these are not being highlighted at the committal hearing because the defense is doing the witness cross-examination.

Just wait until the trial (and without a shadow of doubt, there will be one) his lies will be torn to shreds and there will be no reasonable doubt.

All MOO/IMO

That post was very reassuring, and you're very right.

Thankyou for that start to day 3. I feel better for reading it. :)

Do the Iphones do that? I'm not doubting you, it's just that none of my phones ever have. And I've always nagged the kids "Take your phone off once it's fully charged because it's not going to suddenly start charging again."

I suppose with the newer ones they might have new ways.

But I must say I hope this isn't the case... one more thing for the defence to pick at. Though I doubt the case would hinge on that.

Thank you :)

Linette - see my post just above yours. Almost all charging devices these days are self regulating - including car battery chargers. And iPhone chargers. The current is determined by the current draw - i.e. By the device being charged. The charger doesn't just keep pumping current into the device after it is fully charged. That's why you can keep your laptop connected to the mains power for days or weeks. It's not as good for the battery as cycling the battery charge down then back up is, but it won't damage anything.

You (and your kids) can safely leave your phones on charge all night - or even all week if you want to.

It is a good idea to cycle the batteries down to almost empty about once a month - pull the plug out of your laptop, or just leave the phone off the charger for a couple of days, etc. That improves battery life due to the nature of rechargeable batteries (even the newer lithium-ion types). But leaving things on the charger doesn't harm them unless it is a very old charger and device, before they became self-regulating. Also, most chargers are global voltage as well (110-240v) and will auto-sense what they're plugged into. That came in about the same time as self-regulating chargers. Pretty smart technology really... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme