Day 2 The Pineapple in the Bowl/ 12 Days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like Clemente though...he has this style....the public will like him I think....

Jim & Laura have a podcast called "Real Crime Profile", it's very good and gives a lot of info into their qualifications. The podcast also has Jim Fitzgerald as a guest a couple of times. He is fantastic.

Like Tricia said, I noted that the A&E documentary didn't say a peep about the pineapple either. (How convenient, right?).

But,
when I went back and reviewed some of the "never-before-seen secret documents" that the show included, I froze the screen and did see mention of the pineapple in the memo that was written from the DA's office to the Boulder PD outlining the holes they thought existed in trying to make a case against the parents.

If you freeze the screen at 46 minutes into the program, you'll see the memo. One of the headings is "Pineapple Photo." Below that it says:

"The pineapple is not evidence that the Ramseys were lying.
  • What is in the Tupperware?
  • It is in the stomach generally 2 hours.
  • It is then in the small intestines 3 to 24 hours.
  • Dr. Michael Graham said it could have been eaten the day before."

So it would appear that the DA office had found an expert (Dr. Graham) who gave the opinion that the pineapple wasn't necessarily "a smoking gun" (so to speak) that could be used to prove the Ramseys were lying.

What we know for sure: raw pineapple WAS found in JonBenet's upper intestine during the autopsy. The fact that it could still be identified as raw pineapple suggests that it had only entered the small intestines recently as opposed to a day before, but this might be tough to prove irrefutably. Don't get me wrong -- I'm one who absolutely believes she ate that pineapple only a few hours before she was strangled to death. I'm hoping that the CBS documentary can give us Henry Lee or a similar uber-expert to tell us definitely when she ate that pineapple!

I wonder why it was recognisably pineapple (with sharp edges) Why didn't JonBenet chew it? Why didn't stomach acid work away at it?

Did they ever imply that the intruder fed it to her? If they did that is idiotic - it doesn't fit with their critical stun gun theory. Maybe they did and then dropped it once Lou Smit gifted the stun gun theory to their defense team?

JR hypothesised this in his police interview. Talked a lot about JBR not being to open the fridge to get fresh pineapple (but they didn't buy fresh pineapple usually and doesn't think they would have any) but could have opened a can from the pantry. Then he suggests the intruder might have done it but also that it doesn't make sense.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182273701892

Found this on Ebay. Signed by Steve Thomas. The p.s. he wrote is very interesting. I couldn't get a screenshot. Hope this is okay to mention. Did not know where to post as it is current.

Hope this works.

Just thought I would upload a pic for posterity

Attachments

• IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 191
JR hypothesised this in his police interview. Talked a lot about JBR not being to open the fridge to get fresh pineapple (but they didn't buy fresh pineapple usually and doesn't think they would have any) but could have opened a can from the pantry. Then he suggests the intruder might have done it but also that it doesn't make sense.

Iirc, Patsy stated she bought some prepared fresh pineapple from the local mega-mart grocery's fresh produce section. She said it came in clear, plastic containers, cut and trimmed. She also said it was JonBenet's favorite snack. This container was found in the refrigerator at the Ramsey home and scientifically tested at a lab as consistent with the pineapple found in the upper part of JonBenet's digestive tract (duodenum). In other words: the pineapple JonBenet ate was from the same pineapple found in the refrigerator.

Thanks to Steve Thomas's book for the above information and, perhaps, also found in Schiller courtesy of Thomas.

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=dailytip&dbid=337

Because when you gulp food
The mechanical process of digestion begins with chewing
The action of chewing mechanically breaks down very large aggregates of food molecules into smaller particles. This results in the food having increased surface area, an important contributing factor to good digestion. In addition to the obvious benefit of reduced esophageal stress that accompanies swallowing smaller, rather than larger, pieces of food, there is another very important benefit to chewing your food well that comes with its ability to be exposed to saliva for a longer period of time.
The chemical process of digestion begins with chewing
Food's contact with saliva is important because it helps to lubricate the food, making it easier for foods (notably dry ones) to pass easier through the esophagus. It's also important because saliva contains enzymes that contribute to the chemical process of digestion. Carbohydrate digestion begins with salivary alpha-amylase secreted by glands positioned near the mouth. This alpha-amylase helps break down some of the chemical bonds that connect the simple sugars that comprise starches. Additionally, the first stage of fat digestion also occurs in the mouth with the secretion of the enzyme lingual lipase by glands located at the root of the tongue.
Incomplete digestion can lead to bacterial overgrowth
When food is not well chewed and the food fragments are too big to be properly broken down, incomplete digestion occurs. Not only do nutrients not get extracted from the food but undigested food also becomes fodder for bacteria in the colon; this can lead to bacterial overgrowth, flatulence, and other symptoms of indigestion.
Chewing relaxes the lower stomach muscle
Chewing is directly connected with the movement of food through your digestive tract, and, in particular, with the movement of food from your stomach to your small intestine. At the lower end of your stomach, there is a muscle called the pylorus. This muscle must relax in order for food to leave your stomach and pass into your small intestine. Sufficient saliva from optimal chewing helps relax the pylorus, and, in this way, helps your food move through your digestive tract in healthy fashion.
Chewing triggers the rest of the digestive process
Yet, the contribution of chewing to good digestion does not even stop there. The process of chewing also activates signaling messages to the rest of the gastrointestinal system that trigger it to begin the entire digestive process. This is because when chewing is a well-paced, thorough process, it can actually be said to belong to the "cephalic stage of digestion," the phase in which you first see, smell, and taste your food. The length of time spent chewing the food is related to the length of the cephalic stage of digestion since with more extensive chewing, the longer the food gets to be seen, tasted, and smelled. Cephalic phase responses have been extensively analyzed in the research literature. The release of small messaging molecules that are critical for digestion—such as cholecystokinin, somatostatin, and neurotensin—have been found to increase by over 50% just by the mere sight and smell of food. Additionally, research has shown how chewing, as well as the activation of taste receptors in the mouth, can prompt the nervous system to relay information to the gastrointestinal system to optimize the process of digestion. For example, stimulation of the taste receptors can signal the stomach lining to produce hydrochloric acid that helps in the breakdown of protein. Additionally, chewing signals the pancreas to prepare to secrete enzymes and bicarbonate into the lumen of the small intestines.

I wonder why "solved" was put in quotation marks. But then, how do we know the writing is authentic?

Regarding the pineapple something just occurred to me about what maybe happened to JBR.

I believe there was a planned trip the next morning by PR and JR and so they probably wanted to get right to bed as soon as they got home. Is it possible that PR put sedative medicine or herbs in the pineapple to make sure JBR went to sleep and maybe too much was used and when PR went to check on her later that night that they realized she had stopped breathing. So the elaborate plan was hatched to coverup what had happened. And maybe whatever was used was not checked for in the autopsy.

Pineapple could hide the bitter taste of medicine.

Thats an interesting thought, but what transpires is somewhat brutal just to cover up accidental over sedation.

second video

http://perezhilton.com/2016-09-09-dr-phil-ask-burke-ramsey-kill-jonbenet#.V9QQ2TWy9dg

did you and JB had pineapple that day?
answer MAYBE?

It's probably not fair to say but, he creeps me out. Why does he look so smug? Why is he smiling constantly? He does not carry himself as a 29 year old, stunted.

The "maybe" answer is probably to a different question. Dr Phil loves a good edit that will hook a viewer in. I wish Burke had chosen someone else to do his interview with.

Hi,

I noticed someone mention Steve Thomas' book - I have one that I'm willing to part with (moving, so need to get rid of some books) - pm if you are interested in reading and having it!!

:seeya:

On Kolar's AMA someone asked about the kitchen and the pineapple and he said, "I cannot say but follow the nexus and you will figure it out."

There's no way in hell that pineapple was eaten the day before as someone suggested. The Ramseys lied about many things but science doesn't lie.

A DR Phil clip on the Today Show today says BR will talk about the pineapple. ITs about 37 minutes into the show. MAybe we will get a few answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back