***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
The pic of Gerard's injuries was taken on the morning Allison was reported missing. Doc says scratches about six hours old. #badenclay

Hmmm did someone see this:

Michael James ‏@RipnRoll_guys:

@brisbanetimes If smart you can actually make FaceTime Calls on a 3GS.... http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...laimed-to-be-asleep-court-20130312-2fxe4.html …

Thank you for this link Alicat - I was catching up on last night's posts and there was the discussion around the phone auto disconnecting due to full charge, and I remembered something mentioned yesterday about the power level of the phone, 43% or something, but I can't find that exact quote.

It's funny, yesterday I googled facetime iphone 3gs because I was certain there was a way, but concluded that at the time of the alleged call, it was unlikely that GBC would have the software installed...

John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_
Gallery chuckles when Defence barrister says to witness "no need to be defensive" #badenclay

Ooh, so it could have happened? I hope they've explored that possiblity!

Article says only on 'jailbroken' phones with a certain app loaded..IMOO generally not something a normal iPhone user with standard technical knowledge would do?
Yes you would hope a possibility that would have been covered off during the forensic exam of the phone.

They take clippings, and they scrape under the nails too. In some cases, of course, many of the nails may have already separated due to exposure to the elements.

In theory, they could (if they had them) match up the size/shape of the scratches with the size and shape of Allison's fingernails?

Hoping someone can give us details on this one.

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

Gallery chuckles when Defence barrister says to witness "no need to be defensive" #badenclay

Expert witness just asked by defence to compile a list of everything that could cause a scratch, other than razor or fingernails. #badenclay

Matt Macklin @matty456

Groans from the public gallery as defence lawyer says "no need to get defensive" to witness in relation to a question #BadenClay

Expert witness just asked by defence to compile a list of everything that could cause a scratch, other than razor or fingernails. #badenclay

Hmmm words such as "clutching" and "straws" spring to mind...

Ursula Heger‏@ursulaheger

Baden-Clay committal: Medical expert says scratches could have been caused by something other than fingernails too - like coral or thorns

Thank you for this link Alicat - I was catching up on last night's posts and there was the discussion around the phone auto disconnecting due to full charge, and I remembered something mentioned yesterday about the power level of the phone, 43% or something, but I can't find that exact quote.

It's funny, yesterday I googled facetime iphone 3gs because I was certain there was a way, but concluded that at the time of the alleged call, it was unlikely that GBC would have the software installed...

I remember this too! I think it was 36% when put on charge at 6.31pm and 43% when it was taken off again.

In theory, they could (if they had them) match up the size/shape of the scratches with the size and shape of Allison's fingernails?

In theory, yes, they could. But there are other variables - for example the angle of the fingers and nails against the skin of the face; both the vertical angle and the lateral (sideways) angle. And also which fingers were involved, and whether from behind or in front. So it may not be as easy as you might imagine. And the defence lawyer would know that too.

ok im up and running, but happy to wait now, sorry for the muck around :( tech difficulties!!

Ashley McDermid @AshleyMcDermid

#badenclay committal hears scratches "have all the hallmarks of fingernail scratches" & implausible they came from shaving.@9NewsBrisbane

Baden-Clay committal: Medical expert says scratches could have been caused by something other than fingernails too - like coral or thorns

Or caterpillars? :what:

Thorns on plants while dragging someone through a garden perhaps? Or maybe he fell on some coral that just happened to be in his bed that night? :D

Overall, it's fingernails for me!

10.23am: Defence barrister Peter Davis said Dr Hoskins based his opinion on other photographs of injuries where people said they had been scratched.

He said there was no direct evidence the people in the photographs had been scratched and the doctor was only relying on hearsay.

"We rely on the explanations by patients," Dr Hoskins said.

"That's the case with all medical evidence."

The court was then shown a photograph of Baden-Clay taken on the morning of April 20 - just after he reported his wife missing.

The photograph shows lighter marks and two deep scratches on his jawline.

A third, smaller deep scratch can be seen at the bottom of the two main wounds

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme