DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donna Field‏@Donna_Field
New witness Kelly Beckett forensic accountant Qld police #badenclay

So true....

I really wonder why on earth the defence decided to cross examine TM, how is that going to make him look better? Where is the reasonable doubt that may be created by her testimony? Or....is this the best they can come up with?

Total I think they cross examined her to try to make her look unreliable - and to be honest she wasn't a great witness IMO. Davis did all he could to rattle her, persisting relentlessly with questions about the hows whys wheres and whens of whether or not they had sexual intercourse this time or that time etc, for example - it was very full on for her! And a great deal of her responses included "I can't tell you", "I just can't remember" or "I can't give you an exact date for that" with much emotion - I think they are trying to make her ultimate testimony at trial less credible as she is all over the place.

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou
QPS investigative accountant Kelly Beckett now on the stand. She looked over Baden-Clay's finances.

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou
Court heard lab got a match on all 19 DNA components when comparing swab from car with Allison's DNA. #badenclay

3pm: The court heard scientists look at 18 DNA components and a gender component when looking for a match.

All 19 pieces of information on the swab from the car matched the sample taken from Allison.Mr Davis asked whether the DNA from the car had been compared to that of Allison's children.

"I didn't receive any (samples) to my knowledge," Dr Reeves said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226599630131

BBM:

Mr. Davis, the DNA test showed that it matched Allison's DNA. No two people have the same DNA. :banghead:

MOO.

Donna Field‏@Donna_Field
Kelly Beckett found the couples' total financial worth as at her death was 76k #badenclay

Total I think they cross examined her to try to make her look unreliable - and to be honest she wasn't a great witness IMO. Davis did all he could to rattle her, persisting relentlessly with questions about the hows whys wheres and whens of whether or not they had sexual intercourse this time or that time etc, for example - it was very full on for her! And a great deal of her responses included "I can't tell you", "I just can't remember" or "I can't give you an exact date for that" with much emotion - I think they are trying to make her ultimate testimony at trial less credible as she is all over the place.

How mortifying, being asked in front of all these people when you had intercourse with the man sitting there accused of murdering his wife, her rival. In front of all these people and media. I would be really uncomfortable.

Do you think her tears were real? or was she putting it on for sympathy or to avoid a question? Did she seem to have support?
What an awful situation she is in now, what an awful situation her kids are now in.
Never mind the stares and gossip from fellow kids at school but the parents would be even worse.

Hi Strangeworld - I was there this morning and am just getting my notes together now. Wow! I just had to respond to your post - I am no psychologist nor any expert on human behaviour (just merely a very curious person aka sticky-beak) - and from what I saw this morning I sadly think you are 100% right - she still loves him IMO. Not one thought at any point in the past or present about Allison's feelings or fate - to TM, it is all about her and GBC's relationship and how hard it was on her.

Thank you for being there today Thinking. :rocker: Hopefully you'll have time to send us a report of today's proceedings.

I don't think they will have a choice in that.

I feel surprisingly malicious. The thought of her on the stand and suffering the public exposure of all her sordid affairs is oddly pleasant. I don't think I'm the only one. She is the "other woman".

Sandy I can relate to what you are saying :) In the courtroom, there seemed to be quite a few more of the Dickie family there than I noted last week. When TM was called to the stand, you could cut the air with a knife. I felt sick and I can't imagine how they all would have felt. It was like everyone drew breath in together. She took about 2-3 minutes to come through the door - most witnesses come straight away but she delayed and it felt like eternity waiting for her to appear. She had two security guards (Ali would they have been security guards?) with her when she finally appeared and walked shakily over to the stand.

I couldn't help but think of Allison and how this was a tiny little bit of justice for her - this woman and GBC having to face each other in such humiliating circumstances, in front of Allison's family, with it all being reported to the nation. Couldn't happen to two nicer people :)

Sandy I can relate to what you are saying :) In the courtroom, there seemed to be quite a few more of the Dickie family there than I noted last week. When TM was called to the stand, you could cut the air with a knife. I felt sick and I can't imagine how they all would have felt. It was like everyone drew breath in together. She took about 2-3 minutes to come through the door - most witnesses come straight away but she delayed and it felt like eternity waiting for her to appear. She had two security guards (Ali would they have been security guards?) with her when she finally appeared and walked shakily over to the stand.

I couldn't help but think of Allison and how this was a tiny little bit of justice for her - this woman and GBC having to face each other in such humiliating circumstances, in front of Allison's family, with it all being reported to the nation. Couldn't happen to two nicer people :)

This is a GREAT POST. Thank you. I almost felt like I was there.

:goodpost:

I don't believe his worry about adjustment of finances in a divorce. They were insolvent so even if they went half share each in a divorce, half of nothing is nothing. Maybe that was the real worry, the insolvency. Only way to solve that was nothing to do with a divorce or working on the marriage, but a large windfall of money.

My thoughts exactly Ali.

Can't help but think that GBC is at center of an awful lot of peoples misery!!

Even BEFORE Allison was killed there were STILL so many people who were badly affected by him. He's just one of those people who if they touch your life for too long you just know you're going to be stuffed !!

Has the hearing had a break since 9.30? She is only the second witness today. I'm sure TM must be feeling the pressure if she has been on the stand this long without a break.

There was a break from about 11:30-11:50pm (or thereabouts, it was only 20 min anyway then straight back into it until 1pm).

I wonder how GBC's defence team plan to explain this? If they can't discredit the evidence then their only alternative is for GBC to give evidence under oath that the blood got there some other way. Then he would be open to questioning from the prosecution on a whole range of things.

Crucial piece of evidence this....

I doubt that they would ever put G on the stand. If G was on the stand the Prosecution could also cross-examine him.Remember the onus is on the Prosecution to prove guilt not for the defense to prove innocence.

no one has mentioned if that great promoter of the failings of the QPS is there, our Olivia. Was Friday her farewell appearance?? Was Monday coming up just a bridge too far to cross for a Pastors wife??

Dont tell me she actually sat in the courtroom and listened to this stuff.. ???

Of course she didn't sit in and listen - she doesn't want to hear any of it! Clearly everyone on the stand is lying under oath and her brother is an innocent saint :what:

OW strutted through the courtroom about 10-15 minutes before the hearing started this morning. She walked past the Dickie family but didn't make eye contact with a single person. She stood on the opposite side of the courtroom from where GBC was in his little box, so that he could see her across the room. However, she was hidden behind a post/pillar so that most in the gallery couldn't see her. I couldn't see her anyway - but I'm pretty sure many in the Dickie family could see her. It must be so hard for them to retain their dignity!!!

About a minute before the judge came in, she moved forward a bit from the pillar so I could see her better. She was just staring at GBC like a woman possessed - it was a bit strange to be honest. Then as soon as we were told "all rise" she high tailed it out of there.

Weird weird weird .......... would be interested if any other WS members were there at that point, and did you see anything I didn't see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow