***Day 4 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also after the break ALlisons parents joined the audience. They were amused by Davis's questions to the last questions that Davis asked Constable Streeting (I think) about the haemotrace test. This test indicates that a blood sample is a (higher order) primates blood so more than likely human.

And so there was a bit of a theme running through the courtroom of imagining a gorilla in the captiva. So there were smiles all around. Davis was questioning the police officer if there would be false positives from any other blood and the witness, CSnr Constable Streeting said 'yes Ferrets or Gorillas'. And then quietly quietly everyone sort of looked down and giggled. Sort of imagining the likelihood of GBC transporting a Gorilla in the captiva. As if gorillas are readily available in the classifieds. Honestly, GBC would likely have a better chance a transporting a body than trying to be cheating with transporting an illegal animal.

Totally agree. And the pair of them are liars by omission. TM did not mention in her four affidavits that she spoke to GBC on the day of the conference. At least she did admit it in court today. She may well have admitted to that in her fifth affidavit but why not admit it in the first or second affidavit. Did she forget? I don't think so.

My opinion only and not that of Websleuths.

I think she did Makara in her first affidavit - she called him at 1.50pm from the Conference - see para 39.

Laidan... can you describe which questions were the ones that got Toni speaking loudly?? someone described it as defensively. can you recall what specific questions got her to that pitch??

4.01pm: Mr Davis said Ms Beckett had not "bothered" to look at the income coming into the real estate business because she had not factored in commissions from property sales that were yet to settle.

"I suggest to you that if you were doing this analysis properly, you would look not just at the MYOB records ... but you would look also at the sales," he said.

"That would be proper accounting practise, wouldn't it?"

He said it was not true to say business had been "declining" for Baden-Clay since the January 2011 floods.

"Presumably there's nothing untoward about a real estate business fluctuating from month to month," he said.

But Ms Beckett said it was accurate. She said family members had later injected money back into the business.

She said he also stopped paying staff in the months before Allison disappeared.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226599630131

I'm starting to really dislike Davis! "Show me your proof, Mr. Davis, that the company was NOT insolvent!" ... that would have been my answer to him.

Oh I didn't know Allisons parents were there today
Poor darlings *advertiser censored*

I think she did Makara in her first affidavit - she called him at 1.50pm from the Conference - see para 39.

My mistake. So she did, thank you. :blushing:

Also after the break ALlisons parents joined the audience. They were amused by Davis's questions to the last questions that Davis asked Constable Streeting (I think) about the haemotrace test. This test indicates that a blood sample is a (higher order) primates blood so more than likely human.

And so there was a bit of a theme running through the courtroom of imagining a gorilla in the captiva. So there were smiles all around. Davis was questioning the police officer if there would be false positives from any other blood and the witness, CSnr Constable Streeting said 'yes Ferrets or Gorillas'. And then quietly quietly everyone sort of looked down and giggled. Sort of imagining the likelihood of GBC transporting a Gorilla in the captiva. As if gorillas are readily available in the classifieds. Honestly, GBC would likely have a better chance a transporting a body than trying to be cheating with transporting an illegal animal.

Post of the day! Snr Constable Streeting sounds very comfortable on the stand. Ferrets or gorillas....does GBC have something else to admit :floorlaugh:

Thanks for making my night, Liadan. And I'm so glad Allison's parents were able to attend. Must be hard, but sounds like they have a lot of support.

Is anyone there at court now? Us TM distraught? I saw MSM describe her wearing a black suit- sorry if this is strange but does she look stressed? Hair all done nice/make up etc?

Hi Sleuthis, I wouldn't say she was distraught. At times her voice would crack and she shed a few tears, certainly not distraught. There was a 15-20 min break during her testimony, when she came back into the court room and sat down a couple of minutes later GBC was brought back in and I noticed her giving him quick glances, like she wanted to look at him but didn't want to be seen doing so. I didn't notice any sign of communication between them.

I wonder why OW didn't go right up to GBC today do you think she was warned against speaking with him & was the lady who went up to the dock & crowded OW's conversation & glaring with him there today?
That lady gets my yay for the month! Good on you! I like your spine. She wasnt impressed with OW's hide either. Allison has support too!

Yes I think someone mentioned that earlier....

Yes, sorry, I was trying to catch up and after posting this, I realised other people had already made the same comment.:blushing:

no one has mentioned if that great promoter of the failings of the QPS is there, our Olivia. Was Friday her farewell appearance?? Was Monday coming up just a bridge too far to cross for a Pastors wife??

Dont tell me she actually sat in the courtroom and listened to this stuff.. ???

Hi Trooper, I arrived a little late so can't say what happened before proceedings started, but she was there when we went out for lunch.

Laidan... can you describe which questions were the ones that got Toni speaking loudly?? someone described it as defensively. can you recall what specific questions got her to that pitch??

Trooper - her tone varied. She looked completely and utterly shattered. Just shattered. And I don't doubt she was plus she was undoubtedly uncomfortable speaking in front of GBC and Allisons contingent of supporters.

Davis was quite difficult to hear. He speaks quite softly and not always into the microphone so you are left waiting to hear the answer so you can work out what was asked. I don't know how the media managed but I was right behind them. Davis was asking and re-asking how many times have you been in touch with GBC since this date and she would say 'I can't recall' and he would specify again 'ok was it 3 times, 30 times or 100 times' and then she would roll her eyes and raise her voice and say maybe 5 times. And then Davis would say 'so roughly half a dozen times?' And TM would say 'Correct!' looking completely unsure and dazed by the fact she was on the stand.

She would only raise her voice when Davis had pressed her for further information. She was only willing to give so much and I got the distinct impression that she was protecting her relationship as much as possible.

I was in court today until the break for lunch. My observations a below. Not in any order sorry, just as I remember them.

- I entered when the doors to the court were opened. 2 older well dressed ladies sat in the second row of what has become known as the family side. As more family came the seats were being taken up quickly. A very well dressed lady who I have no doubt is a relative turned and asked these ladies were they family. They must have replied no as then a small argument broke out because she was wanting them to move from those seats. I can't remember the words used but they basically said they have as much right to sit there as this other woman. Not a nice start in my mind.theydidnt move at that time but did eventually move. Then a side remark was made by a family / friend. Not very dignified I thought.

- Olivia did come into the court. She looked straight ahead when she walked in and went and stood beside a pole where the family wouldn't have been able to see her I don't think. I saw her mouth to GBC " I love you" and then " how are you ? ( pause) ok ? " she did mouth other words but I didn't understand them.

I saw her send a couple of texts from her phone while standing there. I thought she looked quite nervous today. She had some sneaky looks to scan the faces in the public gallery. She stood there for approx 5 mins and only left when the door opened for the judge to enter. Then she went scurrying outside. I didn't actually see her again. She may have been in one of the offices outside the courtroom but I didn't see her. I read somewhere in a thread that she was dressed alike a bag lady. I have to disagree with this. I think she is well dressed and tidy.

- first witness was an English forensic dr whose name I now can't remember, sorry. I thought she was fabulous ! Deflected all questions from Mr Davis. Great answers.

Might save TM for another post, or this will get too long. Back shortly with my observations of her.

I'm really confused by the financials. Words are my bag, numbers are not! Can anyone explain the true state of things? My limited understanding was that he had a mill or so in debts, while things like super, life insurance, rent roll, abc's property were assets, however some were not able to be obtained (life insurance) or contingent on mitigating factors (rent roll holding value, property selling for valuation figure - which it didn't) etc. anyone could argue solvancy if you stretch it enough, but if he came down to the wire, he wouldn't have been able to pay all his debts and keep the business running using the assets they have referenced. Is that right or have I misunderstood? I don't understand how they can say he was solvent when some of his assets couldn't be accessed.

I'm so confused! Help!

BBM - who is Hamilton?

Also, I would say even if someone was innocent, they would probably not want to give the media any more fodder - he was already in the spotlight and an affair isn't illegal, but certainly isn't acceptable in the eyes of many people.

I would say that Davis got the name wrong as he did later refer to the affairs with Jackie Crane and Michelle Hammond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member