***Day 5 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness did a survey along the road road edge and front of properties and didn't see any combos of the six plant species anywhere else

Maybe after getting her hair done in preparation for the conference the next day, she decided to roll around in the garden a bit!:facepalm:

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou
Dr Guymer says six plant species found in Allison's hair and on her body. Only two grew at Kholo Creek where she was found. #badenclay

Dr Guymer says all plant species found on Allison's body were found in the area of her rear car port. #badenclay

I believe the reason O doesn't sit in court is because she could be called as a witness.

Yes which is why I'm amazed she's allowed to prance in and have little pow-wows with G between sessions.

David Murray‏@TheMurrayD
Plant material in Allison's hair and on her body. Some species not found around Kholo Creek bridge but all in her yard. #badenclay

I find the plant evidence very compelling but also very sad and angry as it would seem likely that poor Allison was simply dragged through the garden to collect all those leaves.

Dr Guymer says six plant species found in Allison's hair and on her body. Only two grew at Kholo Creek where she was found. #badenclay

and if she had her hair done the night before there should be none in her HAIR, which means , she must have been out the back patio eating flowers or something else , not getting any better for gbc. sorry cant type his initials in capitals it annoys me too much , almost shows respect

I find the plant evidence very compelling but also very sad and angry as it would seem likely that poor Allison was simply dragged through the garden to collect all those leaves.

Which makes you think he disposed of the body on his own initially. If their were 2 people you would think 1 would take the arms and the other the legs.

I wonder if he has been to that medical centre before but went to a male doctor that time.
Wonder if he knew that Dr Bevan was female as times when I've been to Doctors and there was a choice they would only use their surname, ie Dr Bevan. Maybe he especially asked to see a female doctor.
I worked at Kenmore Clinics years ago and always told patients that the Dr they were seeing was female or male - so they had a choice. Some blokes only wanted to see a male Dr and vice versa.

3.22am: AN insect expert has told the Brisbane Magistrates Court about different caterpillar species and whether they would irritate the skin.

Professor Myron Zalucki, an entomologist and insect ecologist, said while most caterpillars were harmless, some had poisonous "hairs" that would cause pain and irritation.

"Very painful, very painful," he said of some species of caterpillar.

"It lasts quite a while and you would probably head off to the doctor."

Prof Zalucki said he had looked at photographs of injuries on Baden-Clay's chest but could not give an opinion on whether they had been caused by a caterpillar.

Defence barrister Peter Davis asked whether Prof Zalucki thought Baden-Clay had been bitten

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

and if she had her hair done the night before there should be none in her HAIR, which means , she must have been out the back patio eating flowers or something else , not getting any better for gbc. sorry cant type his initials in capitals it annoys me too much , almost shows respect

That is such a good point! Her hair was clean the night before. Can't attribute it to places she might have been on the Thursday or before. Loving the evidence this arvo.

Thanks SW. This may have been due to Allison's head being covered by her jumper. If her hair was uncovered at Kholo Creek she may have picked up more vegetation.

My opinion only and not that of Websleuths.

"(If it) had lodged in the chest area and discharged its hairs, it would cause irritation, that's possible," Prof Zalucki said.

When asked whether Baden-Clay's injuries looked like irritation from a caterpillar, he said "that's hard to judge".

"One tends to break out in red patches," he said
"Different people will react in different ways."

Prof Zalucki said he could not find any evidence of poisonous caterpillars, the kind that would cause skin irritation, in the Brookfield area.

"We went to the site where this supposedly occurred," he said.

"I could not find any nests on those Acacia trees.

"I then searched the literature ... and it is limited ... and could find none."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

Another theory, maybe the jumper was pulled over her head because he couldn't look at her face whilst disposing of her body?

3.43pm: ALL six plant species found in Allison Baden-Clay's hair and on her body were found in the car port area of her backyard, the court has heard.

But four of those plant species could not have come from the Kholo Creek area at Anstead where her body was found.

Dr Gordon Guymer, director of the Queensland Herbarium, was given samples of plant material found in Allison's hair, arms and around her head to compare to plant species at her home and the Kholo Creek.

Dr Guymer visited both locations and listed the plant species found in each area.

He told the court only two of the plant species found on Allison's body could be found at Kholo Creek.

"The other species I did not observe, did not see (at Kholo Creek), even though I conducted an extensive survey," Dr Guymer said.

"All the plant species were present in the vicinity of the house.

"On the back patio there was a very good coverage of leaf litter."

He said some of the species found on Allison's body that were growing in her back yard were not found in nearby Brookfield houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member