***Day 5 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if NBC picked up the vacuum cleaner from the office and brought it to GBC's house at his request in the early hours of Friday morning. The logic being to use the office vacuum cleaner on the car and the house and then return it to the office with no one being any the wiser. A lot safer than using GBC's house vac, which would reveal evidence if the bag was checked. I get the feeling that NBC seemed to be in a bit of hurry to get that vacuum cleaner in his car and outta there.

My opinion only and not that of Websleuths.

So what happened to the vac? Did the police seize it? I don't recall seeing anything mentioned??? If they did, did they find anything?

Also q for alioop, with all these witnesses for the committal, would the defence question only the ones they wanted to question? In other words, would they be able to say they don't want someone on the stand if it was damning testimony? Or would the prosecution be able to get them up there?

This a magnificent summary!
I'm puzzled how GBC can have made a call from Brookfield at 6.45 and then one minute later make one from Mt Cootha- which at that time of day would take a good few minutes' travelling. Then he called someone else at 6.53 from Brookfield again- I think it would have been almost impossible to get back there in 8 minutes. Does this suggest that the mobile phone records might be misleading over the places the calls were made, even though its certain the times are correct?

Jools, I'm not very mobile phone savvy (hate the things) but I would say it has something to do with the phone signal pinging off the different towers in the area. As Groundedgirl said, it may depend on what end of the house you're standing at when talking on the phone.

GBC may not have left his house at all on the Friday morning. He may have been moving around his house or front and backyard and the Mt. Coot-tha tower picked up his phone signal instead of the Brookfield tower. :twocents:

So what happened to the vac? Did the police seize it? I don't recall seeing anything mentioned??? If they did, did they find anything?

Also q for alioop, with all these witnesses for the committal, would the defence question only the ones they wanted to question? In other words, would they be able to say they don't want someone on the stand if it was damning testimony? Or would the prosecution be able to get them up there?

Champagne, these are only the witnesses that the defence wanted to cross examine. The prosecution is just introducing these witnesses basically and asking them a few questions then they are available to be cross examined. At a committal the prosecution presents their case mainly by filing their witness statements of the evidence they want to give to the magistrate. I think there are over 300 witness statements filed by the prosecution in this committal. So we are only hearing from the witnesses the defence wants to cross examine. They can also change their minds and not cross examine like they did today with Tommy the insurance advisor.

Yes, champagne. More to come for sure.

There may be more info that we would like to know that was filed in the bail hearing but no one has purchased it yet. TM statement no 5 could be there filed as part of the second affidavit for the prosecution. Only the first one, being Doc no 17 has been purchased as far as I know.

It's just the tower that the phone has connected to. My son explained to me it will go through the nearest one with the least traffic.

Thanks NJsleuth and also to your son. That makes sense to me. :great:

Would QPS have confiscated Nigelain's passports? If not, what is there preventing them leaving the country and therefore avoiding testimony in Court?

CC, Nigelaine have not been charged with anything and are free to leave the country if they wish. It certainly would look very odd if they did leave the country now while their son is on remand on a charge of murdering his wife. :twocents:

Also from TM's statement....

We start the bed process at about 8.30 - 9pm at the moment. They are pretty good at going to sleep soon after going to bed. They do talk sometimes. I remained at home with my boys all night that night.

There are no security cameras in my unit block that I am aware of.

SO I guess that's her alibi!?!??!...& lack of security cameras protects her alibi?!?!?

I've read this statement a few times now and every time I do, I get that tingle in my spine, hinky feeling. I can't quite put my finger on it. Gawd I hate it when that happens! :twocents:

thats the problem. lets assume ... well .. I assume. that he knows that Allison is dead, and disposed of, ( but not thoroughly disposed of, because that is like throwing a million dollars away, just like that. .. but I digress.. )

he is either actually doing this stuff, getting up, SSS, lunches, texting allison, getting girls up .. etc..

or, the texts to Allison are fantasies, a kabuki play, a laying down of what Gerard thinks is what is normal. Because for this whole story to come off, he has to be 'normal'.. doing normal things...he has to move forward, as time does to all of us, murderers, kings, every single one of us are under the immutable law of time passing. ..time doesnt stop passing for Gerard just because he murdered Allison.. .. it goes on, irregardless. .. but he also has to play it backwards at the same time..

Bolded by me.. I do think that has be some of his down fall in this.. I mean in being caught.. trying to be 'normal' - whilst it seems being incredibly guilty.. I feel like as is often the case..he was overdoing on trying to act normal and not guilty.. which actually made him look guilty and not normal at all!

MOO.. and hope it made sense.

Going back to the "blood on a towel" thing ... IMO this has been planted by GBC later. I recall that the first police officers on the scene that morning (Const Ash?) said he looked around for evidence of blood regarding GBCs "shaving" mishap and couldn't find any bloody tissues or any blood anywhere. IMO. Most probably it will turn out to be GBCs blood.

Yes exactly.. constable Ash looked around for evidence of a shaving mishap.. one would think the bathroom would be a place to look and you would see a towel with blood on it you would think.. I wondered how it could have been missed, given the Police officer was looking for something like that.. Or was it missed? But he said last week in court that he found no evidence.. prompting the defence to suggest a bloodied tissue could be flushed..

Court hears of Gerard Baden-Clay's three other women

Rae Wilson
19th Mar 2013 2:00 AM

In the lead-up to Baden-Clay's arrest for murder and interfering with a corpse, Ms McHugh said he told her she needed to "fall in love with someone else" and told her he did not kill his wife.

"One time he did tell me that he was calling to tell me he did not know what had gone wrong, that he wasn't responsible for anything that had happened," she said.

BBM: Interesting! I haven't heard that before. Was GBC trying to give TM the flick and move on to greener pastures or did he know that he would soon be locked up in a less appealing paddock?

http://www.qt.com.au/news/baden-clays-three-other-women-baden-clays-affairs-/1796964/

Well I've been thinking about Olivia's latest video. I don't believe her . I don't get the love vibe . I feel that she is fearful . I don't believe she is reading something she has written herself . I do believe she is doing what she's told . I think what she is most fearful of is her father . They all are . He took control of everything and everyone very early on the day IMMO

CC, Nigelaine have not been charged with anything and are free to leave the country if they wish. It certainly would look very odd if they did leave the country now while their son is on remand on a charge of murdering his wife. :twocents:

Agreed, however, is there some recourse from the prosecution's perspective that would allow them to take their passports even if they haven't been charged with anything? And, if they were to leave the country before a trial, can they be subpoenaed if they are overseas? Considering NBC was at the house when the police arrived, he is a potential witness. I suppose we'll know in due course.

Bolded by me.. I do think that has be some of his down fall in this.. I mean in being caught.. trying to be 'normal' - whilst it seems being incredibly guilty.. I feel like as is often the case..he was overdoing on trying to act normal and not guilty.. which actually made him look guilty and not normal at all!

MOO.. and hope it made sense.

it did to me. it wouldnt to gerard I presume..

I got attached to the word 'normal' in relation to this circus when Olivia made the surprising ( to me ) statement that they ( the BC's) wanted everything to get back to normal as quickly as possible.. 3 extra motherless kids in Niges home, Gerard flitting about making odd and surreptitious phone calls, Lawyers hired, some strange woman called Toni being hauled into make statements, we know she wasnt a stranger to Olivia we know that now, and Olivia knew that when she spoke. Allison still 'unreturned'...

then we have the notorious TV clip of Gerard trying to be the husband of a missing wife who's 3 little girls are being normalised, and Gerard has no clue how to be normal frantic baffled husband. . He never takes his eye off the girl reporters cleavage.

He opens up yet another franchise, having been stripped of the previous one , while knowing, surely, that he will be arrested shortly. Business as norrnal, Gerard mutters..

And to my .. well, to my sense of cynicism, I suppose, because it was so apt, Toni states that she and Gerard were going to have a 'normal relationship..' they were going to be normal, normality would rain down on them both from on high, like cascades from heaven, it was only this annoying financial stuff that was delaying the normality. And even the financial mess wasnt abnormal, it was just temporary.

So . .I asked myself.. what IS normal to these people?

Wow it's taken me hours and hours to catch up tonight, in between nodding off a few times, lol, lucky I didn't drop the iPad off the side of the bed! Just wanted to give a big shout out to our court attending sleuths and everyone posting twitter feeds to keep us all up to date!! Thank you!! :) xx

The word 'normal ' has lost it's meaning. We used to say 'normal is just a cycle on the washing machine ' but we can't say that anymore because its now ' regular' . I don't think these guys have a clue about normal. Never have . And most likely never will . Regular maybe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro