***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defence saying that he agrees to be committed has no real meaning. He didn't have a say in it.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks now

Gerard Baden-Clay consents to standing trial for his wife's alleged murder; he "vehemently denies" the charges, says his lawyer. #badenclay

consents? :confused::confused:& agrees???

How gracious of him!

Matt Macklin ‏@matty456 1m
Baden Clay is remanded in custody until a trial date is set #BadenClay

ooo no application for bail today... might be in a few months, though..

Both..all wrapped in one rofl

Well in their eyes anyway......I bet exclamations of 'OH GOD' will be heard when he is committed to stand trial.....the addrenaline must be pumping now!!!:jail:

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 1m
RT @ursulaheger: Gerard Baden-Clay tells the court "I am not guilty" after he is committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife

11.08am: Gerard Baden-Clay has been committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife.

''I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial,'' Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler said.

He said it would be unwise for the public to drawn any conclusions from the examination of a limited number of witnesses who appeared during the committal proceedings.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

ABC News ‏@abcnews 43s
#BREAKING Brisbane man Gerard Baden-Clay has been committed to stand trial in the Supreme Court accused of his wife's murder

wow, that happened suddenly!!!! can you disagree to stand trial? what would happen then? He can change his plea at anytime cant he? there is no way he can get away with it.

He said it would be unwise for the public to drawn any conclusions from the examination of a limited number of witnesses who appeared during the committal proceedings.

That above comment from the judge speaks absolute "volumes"

ABC News ‏@abcnews 43s
#BREAKING Brisbane man Gerard Baden-Clay has been committed to stand trial in the Supreme Court accused of his wife's murder

Will Oliva give another interview???? :what:

life just got a lot tougher for Gerard.. Remand is a teddybears picnic compared to being a murderer awaiting trial.. he probably wont go into General Population tonight, but it wont be long ,Gerard....

You'll get to meet a whole new social circle...

I wonder who will be on his visitors list....

11.08am: Gerard Baden-Clay has been committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife.

''I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial,'' Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871
Unwise
I wonder does he mean because the rest of the evidence will surely convict the man.:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme