DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That would be Anne Marie Smith, I believe, if I am remembering correctly.

scandi said:
I read everything about Chandra's case I could get my hands on. I'll never forget the day I read this about Gary's sexual deviancy! He kind of had an ongoing sexual laison with some beautiful woman from DC - for the life of me I can not place her name. At the same time he was doing Chandra. But she said that under his bed he had rubber masks. And he would make her wear one { the one she mentioned was of the Speaker of the House ~ they were all of big political figures in DC } and then with her wearing this they would take a shower together.

I couldn't believe that part of her interview was published, but then I never read it anywhere else. Anyone else read this? BaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

I'll slap myself, lightly! :slap: :rolleyes:

Scandi

GAG!!! I knew the man was a sexual deviant but this chit is a new one to me. I wouldn't put it past him the perv.

I thought that Lin Wood was representing Gary? Did he switch lawyers? I remember a big article complete with pictures of Lin with Gary.

Condit makes me want to hurl...he will not want to divulge anything about his relationship with Chandra Levy because it would be incriminating or further hurt his marriage....he should just drop this suit now. If not, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say!! I pray all the time that the Levys can get justice for their daughter!!

I'm glad I won't have to be the one to sit there and hear it, but I'm glad the judge is making him do it. After all, he brought it out!

I always felt that the Levy parents weren't playing with a full deck. At the time of Chandra's disappearance, TV stations kept playing a home movie of Chandra where you can hear her say, "I'll tell you in 5 years," re her boyfriend. As a mother (which I am not), I would have known immediately that my daughter was involved with a married man. Instantly. And the father saying, "We don't want to ruin anyone's career." If it was me, I'd have the cops all over Condit.

Now his career is over and he can't get a job. Why? Because people think he's guilty. I think he's as guilty as sin. They should have arrested him.

Chandra was a bright but naive girl who wanted to become a spook for the FBI. There's a little bit of playing with fire here. Why would she meet someone with only having her apartment keys, in a secluded area such as a park? It had to be to meet with someone she trusted.

I think the Levy's were well off. They should have hired a private investigator immediately. Now Condit feels comfortable suing publications that more or less implied he was the killer. It's his only alternative, as he's incapable of making a living.

Also, I could never see what these women saw in him. He's got that phony smile. He's wrinkled beyond his years. He looks like a skeleton. I'll never forget watching TV and one half of the screen showing rescuers going throught that park and the other half of the screen had Condit in Congress. It was really compelling. I bet Condit didn't even know he was on TV all day until later.

I read this once -- that Condit never missed a vote in all his years in Congress. But on the day Chandra Levy went missing, he supposedly missed 3 votes. Does anyone remember that?

And his phony kids on Larry King. They worked for Gray Davis, whom the people of California threw out as Governor.

Kathy C

Kathy C said:
I always felt that the Levy parents weren't playing with a full deck. At the time of Chandra's disappearance, TV stations kept playing a home movie of Chandra where you can hear her say, "I'll tell you in 5 years," re her boyfriend. As a mother (which I am not), I would have known immediately that my daughter was involved with a married man. Instantly. And the father saying, "We don't want to ruin anyone's career." If it was me, I'd have the cops all over Condit.

Now his career is over and he can't get a job. Why? Because people think he's guilty. I think he's as guilty as sin. They should have arrested him.

Chandra was a bright but naive girl who wanted to become a spook for the FBI. There's a little bit of playing with fire here. Why would she meet someone with only having her apartment keys, in a secluded area such as a park? It had to be to meet with someone she trusted.

I think the Levy's were well off. They should have hired a private investigator immediately. Now Condit feels comfortable suing publications that more or less implied he was the killer. It's his only alternative, as he's incapable of making a living.

Also, I could never see what these women saw in him. He's got that phony smile. He's wrinkled beyond his years. He looks like a skeleton. I'll never forget watching TV and one half of the screen showing rescuers going throught that park and the other half of the screen had Condit in Congress. It was really compelling. I bet Condit didn't even know he was on TV all day until later.

I read this once -- that Condit never missed a vote in all his years in Congress. But on the day Chandra Levy went missing, he supposedly missed 3 votes. Does anyone remember that?

And his phony kids on Larry King. They worked for Gray Davis, whom the people of California threw out as Governor.

Kathy C

hi kathy! i agree with you about sleazy condit, but i would like to set the record straight on former govener gray davis.

ennron was bilking the state of california for millions of dollars. davis, though far from perfect, accused ennron and to my surprise and respect, followed through and helped bring down the energy giant.

davis = domocrat, ennron = republican (follow the money trail)
republicans pissed at davis, vow revenge. start recall
hire arnie to run against davis. arnie's can't loose campaign , "it's for the children" and "trust me" slogans along with his charismic personality and californias ruined (along with the whole U.S.) economy ( due to the collaspe of silicon valley and 911) make davis an easy scape goat.
http://www.sonoran-sunsets.com/california.html political corruption at its finest, oughta be a law against this.

Chandra was hanging out with spooks (FBI, etc.) Whoever killed her knew exactly what to do with her and kept her body from being discovered for over a year. The WTC happened and we forgot about Chandra Levy.

I said it before: she was playing with fire. Maybe her death was a way to get at Condit. To embarrass him and see him lose his seat. He might have crossed somebody.

Kathy C

Lex, this is a little off topic, but I think you are misinformed on Gray Davis. The energy problem in CA was a lot more complicated than you imply. Partial utility deregulation meant prices utility companies could charge were capped, but as wholesale energy prices increased (AND THE UTILITIES HAD SOLD OFF MOST OF THEIR GENERATING PLANTS), the utilities were squeezed and PG&E was declared bankrupt.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0817-07.htm:
But in their haste to cash out, SoCalEd and PG&E made some critical miscalculations. Most important was their assumption that there would always be a surplus of cheap wholesale electricity. So they sold off too much of their generating capacity and had too little of their own supply at a time when rates were still frozen. Then came a hot summer and a cold winter. Natural-gas prices shot up. Some key generators went down. Storms knocked out transmission lines. The nukes had problems. The utilities found themselves at the mercy of independent producers who'd snapped up generating capacity and could manipulate the wholesale market. Having dismantled key efficiency programs, the utilities now realized that their customers, buying power at fixed costs, had little incentive to conserve. So demand quickly outstripped cheap wholesale supply, which now spiked up at the whim of those with power to sell. PG&E and SoCalEd became wounded, bleeding whales at the mercy of sharks they could not control.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/5/16/160145.shtml:
For California's electricity crisis might have been alleviated at a stroke: a stroke of the governor's pen. By allowing the utilities to raise their prices in line with their higher costs and to buy electricity under much cheaper, long-term contracts, Davis could have calmed the whole crisis and saved his taxpayers billions of dollars. He chose not to.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/8/21/173923.shtml:
However, Davis is playing fast and loose with the real facts of his relationship with Enron. For example, according to the Sacramento Bee, Davis has received $119,500 in campaign donations from Enron, including $42,500 since becoming governor. Davis openly stated that he would not return the Enron money.
In 1999, only months before the California energy crisis, Davis led a $200,000 trade trip to Europe for Enron. Davis traveled at California taxpayer expense with his wife for two weeks in Europe and finally in ancient Greece, lobbying on behalf of Enron for the Greek Wind Project.

Now back to Condit! I truly believe he knows more about Chandra Levy than he is willing to tell. Whether he was personally responsible, I guess we'll never know, but I certainly believe he knows what happened and who did it.

The keystone cops from the Washington DC PD didn't help either. First they refused to declare her missing or investigate for a week or two after her parents became concerned. Then they obviously didn't thoroughly search the park where her body was ultimately found. Then they didn't issue a warrant or search Condits apartment until months later.

Certainly makes me question who in Congress got to them and their dumb chief with a little pressure to not look too closely? Keep in mind that DC gets all its funding from where? CONGRESS!!

Haven't rad this whole thread but I just wanted to react to the showing this morning on the TODAY show of portions of the deposition by Gary Condit. In it, he denied that his relationship with Chandra was romantic or sexual! His eyes shifted and he would briefly look down when telling these, IMO, LIES.

What scum.

This morning the TODAY show aired portions of Condit's deposition. He was asked the nature of his relationship with Chandra Levy and he says they were "friends." He is asked if it was romantic or inappropriate and he says no. And each time, IMO, he shows deception in his eye movement. He looks away and down.

If that were true, if they were no more than casual friends, do you believe that when she disappeared that he would have behaved the way he did? Would he have denied knowing her? Would he have snuck out to dispose of the watch box in a distant dumpster? Would he have answered Connie Chung's questions as he did?

Does anyone believe that Gary Condit wasn't having a sexual relationship with Chandra?

I saw that lisa. What an effing liar he is! I hope Dunne has enough information to prove him the liar and scum he truly is.

lisafremont said:
This morning the TODAY show aired portions of Condit's deposition. He was asked the nature of his relationship with Chandra Levy and he says they were "friends." He is asked if it was romantic or inappropriate and he says no. And each time, IMO, he shows deception in his eye movement. He looks away and down.

If that were true, if they were no more than casual friends, do you believe that when she disappeared that he would have behaved the way he did? Would he have denied knowing her? Would he have snuck out to dispose of the watch box in a distant dumpster? Would he have answered Connie Chung's questions as he did?

Does anyone believe that Gary Condit wasn't having a sexual relationship with Chandra?

Wait a minute??? :waitasec: :waitasec: That was THIS MORNING??? Didn't we already evolve past this lie? This could be perjury!! He was sworn in.

I think he's lying..

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/38316.htm

Fallen ex-U.S. Rep. Gary Condit has defiantly denied under oath that he had a steamy affair with doomed intern Chandra Levy — flying in the face of allegations from police and her family that he did, NBC's "Today" show reports.
Asked in a recent deposition, "Can you describe in general terms your relationship with Ms. Levy?" the gray-haired ex-congressman from California tersely replied:
"We were friends."
"Did you relationship ever become romantic?" Condit is pressed again.
"No," he replied, according to a transcript of the explosive deposition, parts of which are set to air today and tomorrow on the TV news show.
But the interview — conducted as part of Condit's $11 million defamation lawsuit against famed Vanity Fair crime writer Dominick Dunne — also includes Condit being asked, "When you say you were friends [with the murdered intern], did it ever become more than just friendship?"
"No," Condit said………..

Wow! I wish I had the nerve to ask Dom about this at court! I was hoping to attend the afternoon session, but I will have to pick up Jumpy from the vet :(

this S.O.B. is goin down ...

'Police sources insisted that Condit finally admitted in a third interview with them in 2001 that the pair had been romantically involved.

Levy's mom also said her daughter once confided to her about the affair.

In addition, Chandra's aunt said her niece told her she was having a relationship with the then-congressman.'

lex said:
this S.O.B. is goin down ...

'Police sources insisted that Condit finally admitted in a third interview with them in 2001 that the pair had been romantically involved.

Levy's mom also said her daughter once confided to her about the affair.

In addition, Chandra's aunt said her niece told her she was having a relationship with the then-congressman.'

Anything she told her mother would be hearsay, but that's not to say the judge won't allow it. There are always ways around it. Condit's attorney will do everything possible to keep it out though. I guess he figures that since she's dead, no one but him knows the truth.

thanks pepper for the info! i will delve into this more when i have time. alot of corruption in those dealings, that's for sure.

I'm so glad this thread still exists! Chandra was my first real obsession over a case, and I wish something would break with Condit, the louse! :(

At any rate, I came across this transcript from a show Dan Abrams did on Tuesday night about the case:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6817768/

'The Abrams Report' for Jan. 11

Read the transcript to the 6 p.m. ET show
Updated: 1:46 p.m. ET Jan. 12, 2005

ABRAMS: Hi everyone. Former congressman Gary Condit denies under oath that he ever had a quote—“romantic relationship” with former Washington intern Chandra Levy. Remember this case was all over the headlines for months as family, friends, authorities franticly searched for Chandra after she was reported missing from a Washington, D.C. apartment.

Then, over a year after she disappeared, as the investigation seemed to have come to a dead end, her body found in a local park about four miles away from her home. But still, no suspects announced, and seemingly to this day, no breaks in the case. Former Congressman Gary Condit‘s name constantly associated with the case. Some of the tabloids even suggested he may have been involved even though it now seems there was no evidence to support that and many of them have settled lawsuits filed by Condit.

Nevertheless, there was a distinct impression from Levy‘s aunt and the questions Condit would not answer that he and Chandra had been more than just friends. In a moment we discuss whether Gary Condit got a raw deal on the whole in this whole case. But first now nearly four years after her disappearance, an exclusive deposition tapes obtained by NBC News, Gary Condit provides his side of the story. The tapes are sections from a deposition in an $11 million defamation suit Condit has filed against well-known author Dominick Dunne over some of his reporting in the Levy case.

Katie Couric has the story. . .

~~~More at Link~~~

Note: For some unknown reason, the transcriber of this piece put "Unidentified Male" instead of "Gary Condit" - so it is sort of confusing, but that is who is speaking.

I am frustrated that it sounds as if Condit is off the hook! That just isn't right, when he was involved with her and she had told her aunt about him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back