DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Benn8, what I did about my jewelry speculation was to send my thoughts to the DC police, and I sent an email to the reporter who had done an in depth interview for a DC newspaper with Joyce's brother.

I sent a number of sleuth thoughts to DCPD by email.

I did not get any response from the reporter.
Received a thank you from DCPD, and of course nothing after than. Where things went from there is a mystery.

The interview with Joyces' brother was found online, I don't know if it could still be found, and I believe the paper was a DC one.

I feel certain that lots of smart people had lots of smart thoughts, the problem is that ALL smart people do or did not communicate collectively on what THEY found with everyone one else that might have given a big jump start to finding Chandra's killer.

Sorta like Bush cleaning up the communication gap between the FBI and the CIA.

Course ol' Condit was a member of the Intelligence Committee, you remember that too I hope. Hmmm. Then 911 happened and slid Condit under the newsheadlines. The end. Time erases memories, and NEW news takes its place.

That was convenient wasn't it? Was that coincidental, who knows.

In my next life I would like to be a REAL detective.

Hello Camper,

You said: >>>
In my next life I would like to be a REAL detective.<<<

Well, you could start practicing now!!!

Here is the name of someone whom you might be interested in writing too, Joseph D. McNamara, Ph.D. He is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute located on the Stanford University Campus in California. I wrote to him once about the Chandra Levy investigation, and he answered right away. I am thinking about writing to him again now about the Otis Thomas story that was part of the Chandra Levy case, only now most of the media have almost erased it completely.

I don't have his mailing address right now. I probably have his email address over at www.justiceforchandra.com. Here is information on him.

http://www-hoover.stanford.edu/BIOS/mcnamara.html

Now I will get to the rest of my message here about Joyce Chiang's brother.

I don't have Roger Chiang's address, but here is an article that rd dug up at Justice for Chandra.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2173

Only part of this message is about Joyce Chiang's brother. I will quote the part about him.

>>> Roger Chiang, who works for the Democratic National Committee in Washington, said missing adults should receive more attention on television and the Internet.
"You can't address adult missing persons without the help of technology and television," he said.
Chiang's 29-year-old sister, Joyce Chiang, disappeared in January 1999 after friends dropped her off at a Starbucks in the District of Columbia.
Chiang claims police at first were slow to investigate the case. When he and friends passed out fliers about his sister, an Immigration and Naturalization Service lawyer, police on the beat in their Dupont Circle neighborhood said superiors never told them to be on alert for a missing woman.
A canoeist found Joyce Chiang's decomposed body floating in the Potomac River three months later. The cause of her death is undetermined, D.C. police spokesman Thomas McGuire said.
McGuire disputed Roger Chiang's claim that they gave the case little attention. Both city police and FBI agents launched a massive search for Joyce Chiang, he said.

840,000 go missing
More than 840,000 adults and juveniles were reported missing in the<<< (snip)

Here's a few more comments by rd.
>>>
rd wrote: >>>His name is Roger Chiang, benn. Here's the major article on him:

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13074&highlight=joyce+chiang+brother#13074

rd wrote: >>>He's not listed in phone listings for DC but could be for Va or Md. I don't have a Washington metro phone book to check.

He works for the Democratic National Committee.

"Roger Chiang, who works for the Democratic National Committee in Washington, said missing adults should receive more attention on television and the Internet. "

That is the same article that I posted at the beginning here, with a few comments by rd also. I thought there were two articles.

benn

I just saw on Rita (Fox News) that there may be a break in the Chandra Levy class - unfortunatley I was folding laundry so I wasn't paying close attetion to what they were saying. I hope to hear more on it soon.

princessmer81 said:
I just saw on Rita (Fox News) that there may be a break in the Chandra Levy class - unfortunatley I was folding laundry so I wasn't paying close attetion to what they were saying. I hope to hear more on it soon.

I Googled her and didn't find anything. Guess we'll have to wait.

i have not read this thread...so please excuse me for butting in...Chandra was all anyone talked about before 9-11. 9-11 saved condit's butt. i will never believe he was not involved. too many 'coincidences'. and DC politics are CUT-THROAT, don't kid yourself. i grew up in DC, my dad in government, as a scientist, not politician. when i was 17 a senator asked me to be his mistress for when he was in town. not uncommon at all. he had to be 55. and i was a kid.

princessmer81 said:
Rita said there were a couple people of interest, one possibly being Condit's former driver. :waitasec:

Also heard Lynch was avoiding the media.....hope Edgar Hoover's minions (still called the Edgar Hoover building) put some scare into Mr. Blow Dry whatever rock they have to turn over to find him...

I will always be amazed that without gerrymandering his district, he would have been re-elected! In fact, he carried Stani slaw county!

I just woke up to this news and I am ecstatic...they are re-questioning people close to Condit, including his driver and also a Maryland man who helped work for Condit's defense during that time, if I heard that correctly. YEEESSSSS!! I'm like Deputy Linda, I will NEVER believe that a certain Congressman didn't know exactly what happened to Chandra. I have prayed for justice to be done in this case and for the Levys for so long.

I am thrilled at this news really hope this is it, and they can nail Condit's butt. I too always believed he was involved.

a ray of hope! let's hope it goes somewhere..................like straight to Blow Dry:liar:

IMO, Gary Condit knows exactly what happened to Chandra (whether he was directly or indirectly involved)! I bet that guy was thrilled for 911 to occur. That was all the media talked about up to that point. Then it all just faded away. I hope this new breakthrough will help "crack the case" and give the Levy's some understanding of what happened to their daughter.

The feds are trying to connect condit to photos of some guy who is a 'prime suspect'. i'm just hearing this on fox now. no name on suspect...this was based on a tip, and speculation of course. what is interesting is if they are trying to put condit with this guy... that says he's still on the radar. :twocents:

Thanks for the info. The FBI was just asking Flammini if he saw the guy with Condit. If anybody sees more on what Rita reports, would you post it? Thanks!

rd

Hi DL--
I, too, believe Condit was somehow involved but I don't think he, himself, killed her. I think Chandra was pregnant. (Remember the conversation she had with her aunt?) and I think Condit knew she was pregnant. Beyond that, I really don't know what happened...
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Hi DL--
I, too, believe Condit was somehow involved but I don't think he, himself, killed her. I think Chandra was pregnant. (Remember the conversation she had with her aunt?) and I think Condit knew she was pregnant. Beyond that, I really don't know what happened...
Karen
i would not be surprised if the smarmy little weasel met her in rock creek park and did it himself...if you pay someone, you have to get rid of them too. because, let me tell you, in DC the ONLY thing that matters is your position of power, NOTHING ELSE. not family, certainly not girlfriend...it's all about the power. i know, i grew up in that atmosphere. .....and let me add, this is just my constitutionally-protected opinion.

AuntieKaren said:
Hi DL--
Karen
I am not certain, but I believe this rumor was dispelled by her mother, who stated that her daughter and her, were going through their menstrual cycles at the same time, approximately 2 weeks before she disappeared.

I think I remember reading this on an old chandra site, now closed. Maybe rd has more specifics on this, at his site & archives.

Interesting to see that the police still seem focused on Condit....as should be!

I, too, have always thought that that Congressional Weasel was dirty. Remember that little trip to dispose of the box? Remember that Connie Chung interview in which he kept repeating his "I am not a perfect husband" mantra? But his answers, his whole demeanor seemed so weaselly? You bet he was grateful to Al Qaeda for sweeping his sorry butt off the front page. And if his constituents were ready to reelect him, shame on them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back