GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE works in mysterious ways and family isn't kept in the loop because everyone is suspect in a murder.

As LE always starts from the outside in (wife, husband, significant other, family, and etc.), evidently no one has been completely cleared.

MOO

Maybe people who are involved in the fundraiser feel LE isn't solving the murder?

Having lived in and around the DC metro area for more than half my life, if it were my loved one who were murdered, I would probably hire a private investigator as well.

GOOD JOB! I remember when you posted your theory early on and have kept it in my thoughts. I thought it made very good sense except I wasn't thinking woman. Do you think the items left were just props to throw off the investigation? Not unusual for someone to put themselves in the middle of the investigation, wants to know what others know.

I just read through this whole thread, and these last two pages have given me chills.. Especially when I looked up a picture of DT. Certainly hope there will be movement in this case soon.

Guys, the picture in question on FB was just taken down. It was still up right before my previous post. Very weird...

DT can easily be found thru DM's facebook. Look at comments of photos. Go back idk how far back and read my theory. Page 18 or 28 maybe?
Very, very, very impressed. After reading the fundraising info you discovered, this may be the most plausible and logical hypothesis I've read.

Trying to appear the caring, compassionate friend (or "family") makes sense.

So, DT and K both went to the same school and work at the same hospital. Seems they've known each other for quite some time.

I thought it was interesting DT commented on that picture on DM's Facebook two times in a row. Especially given that she commented twice before anyone else did. Makes me think she frequented his page.

I think the fact that DM was stabbed in the back is significant. If this was a stranger that began attacking as soon as he opened the door, why would he turn his back toward her?

FYI...I didn't find the fundraising info, that was someone else's sleuthing:-)

So how did you come up with DT? Was it strictly from DM facebook photos?

Have alternated between the security video and the yearbook pic of DT about 50 times. Now, I realize DT's pic is like 8 years old. But I'm sorry: Except for her and the person in the video being non-Caucasian, I see no similarity at all. In addition, and I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong about this . . . but the person in the video is a guy.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the parking lot?

Yup. Again. great catch, jellybeanz. If David's wife has been raising money to hire a PI, made it public, under her own name, what could it mean, given the circumstances? She's low on cash but wants to get ahead of/on the investigation or could it be a signal to somebody who would be prohibitive to contact, who knows? I imagine a wife would naturally want to know who did this, but I think you're right to contrast it to the silence otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers