GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get that she was there for hours? Did you just pick 10:?? out of the blue? Or did you see somewhere that she left sometime after 10:00 pm?

In the Criminal Complaint, #12, the times of JG's phone calls are listed and from where the cell tower picked it up. The last sentence states "This evidence places the cellular telephone belonging to the defendant Jaymar Gallmon, in the area of the homicide In the time frame that it occurred".

From looking at these times, it is quite noticeable when her phone was not being used.

It sounds as if her was rolling around as he was trying to defend himself - he may have been on the ground and restricted by ties or blindfold so he had limited vision - the light may not have been on or maybe dim.
I think if she was there for some time - he would have known it was not a man.
I think the attack happened earlier in the meeting - if not almost as soon as she entered the room, it was game on.
If there had already been a paypal payment prior to her turning up, she would not have to worry about the formalities of payment first, play second.
If the light was off when she entered - or there was restricted vision - she may have said nothing - but motioned or manoeuvred him to lie face down...
I think she spent some time in the room after she had ade her attack - and I think she left DM for dead. :(
Just trying to get a scenario happening in my head.

BBM

OMG. Isn't it in the affidavit that there was a paypal payment to her that day? Am I imagining that? If so, she wouldn't know if he had a big chunk of cash on him.

I think the attack happened earlier in the meeting - if not almost as soon as she entered the room, it was game on.
I don't believe that's possible. He would have been able to overpower her, even with having a knife. They had to play for her to get him in cuffs.

If there had already been a paypal payment prior to her turning up, she would not have to worry about the formalities of payment first, play second.
I don't believe that's how it's done at a level higher than streetwalker. It's play first, pay later. There's no talking about the money or payment. I believe it's often just sitting in an envelope, and nobody looks at it or acknowledges the envelope is there.

I don't believe paypal was used. Since LE believes it was robbery for money from his wallet, I'm sure LE has verification that DM withdrew money for the payment.

In the Criminal Complaint, #12, the times of JG's phone calls are listed and from where the cell tower picked it up. The last sentence states "This evidence places the cellular telephone belonging to the defendant Jaymar Gallmon, in the area of the homicide In the time frame that it occurred".

From looking at these times, it is quite noticeable when her phone was not being used.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think that last phone call is proof of her staying there that long. She may have, but we really don't know for sure. I'm hoping we can find out when the coroner determined the TOD was and/or when LE saw her leave the room via the video cameras.

BBM

OMG. Isn't it in the affidavit that there was a paypal payment to her that day? Am I imagining that? If so, she wouldn't know if he had a big chunk of cash on him.
No. Not that day. When they were searching her emails, they eventually found a paypal email that connected her name to the email account. I read it as a paypal email via her buying something online with paypal.

There are no report of bruises? I guess we'll know at trail. Wondering about that is pointless, LE has it done, I think, and the information they need about the calls, and more coming in, I would imagine. How exactly she picked David and whether there are others with knowledge of his death, is my question still? Was it the place, or the person, if so why? Was it the amount of cash or something else? She had a plan to do this as she pulls up her face mask in the stairwell, I don't think he chose her as much as she chose him. It would be interesting for LE to know her other selections, how she chose, it seems to me.
I believe there were bruises and all sorts of other injuries. The document stated the injury list was not all inclusive.

I don't think she sought him out specifically---as in knowing who he was or anything like that. I'll bet his post was for BDSM. That's probably what she targets. Someone being tied up gives her the advantage. I doubt anyone had knowledge ahead of time. I don't believe she planned it. She may have told someone afterwards

I believe there were bruises and all sorts of other injuries. The document stated the injury list was not all inclusive.

I don't think she sought him out specifically---as in knowing who he was or anything like that. I'll bet his post was for BDSM. That's probably what she targets. Someone being tied up gives her the advantage. I doubt anyone had knowledge ahead of time. I don't believe she planned it. She may have told someone afterwards

Makes sense, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, Miss Muffet.

~*~

http://abovethelaw.com/morning-docket/
Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 6.27.08 AM - Edited.png

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2015/04/03/police-d-c-lawyer-met-alleged-killer-on-craigslist/
Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 6.37.55 AM - Edited.png

The case of a 30-year-old corporate lawyer stabbed to death in a luxury hotel keeps getting weirder
Erin Fuchs, Business Insider, Apr 3, '15, 11:28 am

“The world has lost a good person. David’s family, a son and brother, and I have lost everything: my husband and my best friend," she said at a press conference, according to a March 25 Washington Post report. "In one day, I lost the most important person in my life and the man I loved so much. And I have no answers."

Re-posting, this quote again out of respect.

She took cash, and when Gallmon left the hotel, she says she threw Messerschmitt's cell phone in a trash can near the hotel.

She then took her bloody clothes, put them in a bag and threw them in a sewer near the Safeway store on Alabama Avenue in Southeast D.C.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28718623/murdered-dc-lawyer-used-alias-on-craigslist-postings

Thank you, SouthAussie, for all the links you share

Murdered DC lawyer used alias on Craigslist postings
By Paul Wagner, FOX 5, Apr 03, '15 9:50 pm edt, Reporter, in a thorough piece mentions that the gentleman who tipped off LE to the perp was hesitant about his privacy in going to LE but was pleased to find (see attached images)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 4.39.50 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 4.39.50 AM.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 4.39.56 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-04-04 at 4.39.56 AM.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 59
With David being reported missing and located so quickly in the hotel, I am inclined to believe his wife knew or had an idea what was going on.

Maybe his wife was able to track location of his phone?

Thinking about this.... she ripped thru all of his belongings looking for his cash. His wallet contents were strewn everywhere, legal papers all over the room. This wasn't a simple trick-rolling imo. I wonder if he pays half up front and the 2nd half after.. maybe via ATM in the lobby or something.... so all he had was half the money on him and that sent her into a stabbing fury? Or maybe it is just as simple as it looks....she is a murdering thief.

I am wondering if David turned away from her to go to the phone and try to call the front desk/hotel security, to get help, to have her stopped at the front door. And that is when she started stabbing him. He may have been very determined that she was not going to get away with robbing him.

May he rest peacefully, knowing that she is not going to get away with any of it.

I wonder if he pays half up front and the 2nd half after.. maybe via ATM in the lobby or something.... so all he had was half the money on him and that sent her into a stabbing fury?
Since he has been involved in this lifestyle for years (per link below), it's very unlikely he would handle the money this way. Furthermore, his being a lawyer makes it even more unlikely since neither side talks about the money in person because the other person could be an undercover police officer.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28718623/murdered-dc-lawyer-used-alias-on-craigslist-postings

Too early and not enough caffeine, but, was it stated in the affidavit that it was a "pay-for" arrangement?
There are many hook-ups on CL that are not for money. I know she stole cash/metro card, but, do we know if DM "hired" her per emails? TIA

Since he has been involved in this lifestyle for years (per link below), it's very unlikely he would handle the money this way. Furthermore, his being a lawyer makes it even more unlikely since neither side talks about the money in person because the other person could be an undercover police officer.

One would think so Miss Muffett, but what about this arrangement spoke to an intelligent, prudent lawyer? Everything about this was ill advised, to say the least. High risk. Apparently, that is the very aspect that might have been so attractive to him, and unfortunately....deadly.

Too early and not enough caffeine, but, was it stated in the affidavit that it was a "pay-for" arrangement?
There are many hook-ups on CL that are not for money. I know she stole cash/metro card, but, do we know if DM "hired" her per emails? TIA
LE is claiming she stole cash. LE would have no way of knowing he had cash on him since it was gone when LE arrived. The only way LE would know DM had cash on him is if there were exchanges discussing cash. Also, it would be quite a waste of time for the suspect to go to a hotel to rob them without ensuring the victim had cash on him. Similar to as others have posted in this thread, I never have cash on me. I once withdrew a quarter from the bank because I didn't even have that to get a shopping cart from a store. Luckily for me, my bank was in the same shopping center as the store. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces