GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ yes, I understand, but, do we KNOW they had a "pay for" arrangement?

One would think so Miss Muffett, but what about this arrangement spoke to an intelligent, prudent lawyer? Everything about this was ill advised, to say the least. High risk. Apparently, that is the very aspect that might have been so attractive to him, and unfortunately....deadly.
Those points I mentioned aren't the only reasons he wouldn't have done it that way. Since he did this for years, he would know the likelihood the other party would freak out if he brought up money in person. Also, there's a difference between excitement involving high risk sexual encounter and excitement involving being arrested.

LE is claiming she stole cash. LE would have no way of knowing he had cash on him since it was gone when LE arrived. The only way LE would know DM had cash on him is if there were exchanges discussing cash. Also, it would be quite a waste of time for the suspect to go to a hotel to rob them without ensuring the victim had cash on him. Similar to as others have posted in this thread, I never have cash on me. I once withdrew a quarter from the bank because I didn't even have that to get a shopping cart from a store. Luckily for me, my bank was in the same shopping center as the store. LOL
I think the only way LE knew for a fact that she robbed him of cash is from either an ATM receipt just prior to this or his bank records. Per the criminal complaint, she never confessed to taking any cash.... it states, further investigation revealed the defendant also took cash.

Page 4 #16
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/criminal-complaint-against-jamyra-gallmon/1508/

Feeling so badly for his wife :(. I wonder if she had any inkling of his secret life. I hope she moves on to find happiness again and that all of the STD tests come back negative!

Geez. Just wanted to know if I missed that somewhere in the affidavit. Never mind. :peace:

I think the only way LE knew for a fact that she robbed him of cash is from either an ATM receipt just prior to this or his bank records. Per the criminal complaint, she never confessed to taking any cash.... it states, further investigation revealed the defendant also took cash.

Page 4 #16
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/criminal-complaint-against-jamyra-gallmon/1508/
Exactly. I think that's only half the evidence LE has to prove she stole cash. The defense could really blow holes in that with alternative ways the money could have been spent before he went to the hotel room. Email exchanges discussing money would solidify the evidence of money being in the hotel room.

I've been thinking about the posts about her staying in the room after the attack and putting the zipties on him after he was dead.

If we slightly believe any of her statement, it's possible she took the zip ties because she was winging it just in case she had to follow through with having an encounter with him in order to get the money. When she arrived and saw the opportunity to steal the money without an encounter, perhaps she did just that and he did try to stop her. Then maybe she stayed behind and put the zipties on him to make it look like a rolled John. (That really doesn't make sense though since it would cause LE to look towards CL.)

In my mind, proof would be in the coroner's report. For as much as he fought back, I'd think the coroner would be able to determine if the zipties were on him at the time of the attack. You'd think there would be broken fingers or at least bruising around the fingers via trying to pull his hands apart to defend himself. If there's no such indication of that, then I'd believe she put the zipties on afterwards.

Why would he go through with the encounter though? It wasn't what he had "ordered."

Why would he go through with the encounter though? It wasn't what he had "ordered."
Maybe she does a good job of passing for a guy until it becomes apparent she doesn't have the equipment. Who knows.

The affidavit says he posted on CL seeking a male. We don't know for certain that she posed as a male though. He is bisexual and perhaps it's possible he agreed to see her because she met his other criteria. Do we even know exactly what his CL post said? I'd love to see the actual affidavit instead of relying on the media to interpret for us.

That's true, but I would think it would have been stated in report along with the finger restraints.
JMO
Maybe she took the gag off afterwards. Maybe it was an article of her clothing and she couldn't leave it behind as evidence.

Maybe she does a good job of passing for a guy until it becomes apparent she doesn't have the equipment. Who knows.

The affidavit says he posted on CL seeking a male. We don't know for certain that she posed as a male though. He is bisexual and perhaps it's possible he agreed to see her because she met his other criteria. Do we even know exactly what his CL post said? I'd love to see the actual affidavit instead of relying on the media to interpret for us.

They say she was posting as a male on cl. Also i think she researched him because out of all the sickos on Craigslist; She just so happened to come across a wealthy in the closet nice guy instead of some big brauny psycho guy.

What happen to that find young lady? I seen her photos and she could have grown to be a pillar in the community. What the heck happen to her? Where did she go wrong? Why would she do this?

I've been thinking about the posts about her staying in the room after the attack and putting the zipties on him after he was dead.

If we slightly believe any of her statement, it's possible she took the zip ties because she was winging it just in case she had to follow through with having an encounter with him in order to get the money. When she arrived and saw the opportunity to steal the money without an encounter, perhaps she did just that and he did try to stop her. Then maybe she stayed behind and put the zipties on him to make it look like a rolled John. (That really doesn't make sense though since it would cause LE to look towards CL.)

In my mind, proof would be in the coroner's report. For as much as he fought back, I'd think the coroner would be able to determine if the zip ties were on him at the time of the attack. You'd think there would be broken fingers or at least bruising around the fingers via trying to pull his hands apart to defend himself. If there's no such indication of that, then I'd believe she put the zipties on afterwards.
I don't think she put the cuffs on him afterwards. We do know the stab wound to his back was last because of how he was found, plus his wallet was found by his head with his credit cards strewn about. It seems to me like she went as far as she could pretending to be a male, including applying the cuffs. At that point she probably stopped pretending and he stopped being submissive/compliant. She attacked and killed him and then quickly rifled thru his belongings before taking off.

With his room being at the end of the hall, a nice hotel so probably not paper thin walls and a fairly quick attack/death....nobody heard anything. It took JA less than 2 min to inflict 29 stabs, slit throat and a bullet to the head to Travis.

jmo

I don't think she put the cuffs on him afterwards. We do know the stab wound to his back was last because of how he was found, plus his wallet was found by his head with his credit cards strewn about. It seems to me like she went as far as she could pretending to be a male, including applying the cuffs. At that point she probably stopped pretending and he stopped being submissive/compliant. She attacked and killed him and then quickly rifled thru his belongings before taking off.

With his room being at the end of the hall, a nice hotel so probably not paper thin walls and a fairly quick attack/death....nobody heard anything. It took JA less than 2 min to inflict 29 stabs, slit throat and a bullet to the head to Travis.

jmo

I agree. Plus he specified the times 7 to 7:30, which indicates to me that this is likely when most hotel folks are not in their rooms - out to dinner, at happy hour, etc. so as not to be heard or seen in any event due to the nature of the "meeting." (sometimes those interactions can get loud too...)

What happen to that find young lady? I seen her photos and she could have grown to be a pillar in the community. What the heck happen to her? Where did she go wrong? Why would she do this?
The news said she was an honor roll student. Might be the influence of her gf or the delay getting into the Army plus debts. :dunno:

I still want to know how LE knew to go to the Donovan so quickly. And I want to know more about JG's roommate/gf. I have beat myself up over thinking about DT in relation to this case, but then this morning, I had the "what if" going on again and I can't help but wonder if she had any part in this? I am also curious whether JG did this a lot, did she have her sights set on DM (why chat all day?) or did she have other hook-ups she could have gone to?

This horrific arrestee goes to hotel with her said purpose of robbing DM. Then she claims flashback assault and defending herself. I am so disgusted with this it makes my blood pressure rise. Ok, so she is now afraid of pawn and she stabs every vital organ, flees, buries clothes. Pardon me, but if there were any truth to this murderer being endangered by DM she would have used her phone, his cell phone, the room phone, pulled a fire alarm and then run to front desk. That is what one does when they are threatened. Zip ties, scmip ties. She killed him and hid evidence and gloated. Prison military becomes her.

I still want to know how LE knew to go to the Donovan so quickly. And I want to know more about JG's roommate/gf. I have beat myself up over thinking about DT in relation to this case, but then this morning, I had the "what if" going on again and I can't help but wonder if she had any part in this? I am also curious whether JG did this a lot, did she have her sights set on DM (why chat all day?) or did she have other hook-ups she could have gone to?

It would be interesting to know when she bought the zip ties. JMO, but communicating all day seems like a pseudo-fantasy build up to the meeting. I don't know, though, because I've never been on either side. It's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces