GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How would David have known in advance what room number he would be in?

The weeble?

According to numerous MSM reports David was said to have checked in a around 5:30 pm.

Here's hoping for complete justice for David and for the peace and perseverance of his wife and loved ones past this terrible wrong that took away so much from them.

I too suspect his wife is the true victim in this case. I suspect the police withheld certain information from her until after she gave her speech, which she delivered with poise and dignity. I am sure that this women must feel very used and abused and battered about at this point in time over this whole sordid event including by police if they did withhold information from her. I truly hope she has some very true and genuine friendships including with her work partners and within her family. She is going to need some solid and true support to be able to begin trusting again.

I agree that she is the victim, and was so more than she needed to be. I understand in retrospect that it may have been an investigative tactic and it worked out, but I still feel awful about suspecting her all that time. Her press conference, every second of it that I watched so intently and misjudged, her pain is engraved in my mind, and will remain that way as an example of how stupid I can be in jumping to conclusions. She, singularly speaking that day, standing besides his family there, was a very brave woman in a fish bowl. I hope she, more than anyone sees justice for David, and that she heals and has a wonderful shot at a great future.

Online dating precautions: Meet two police officers who followed them
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e5e44c-e35d-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html

“What were you thinking?” West remembered asking out loud.

“I feel so bad for his wife,” Smith said.

More than most couples, though, West and Smith had unique insight. The two are cops, with a clear understanding of risk. And they are gay men, who met online, and are now married.

-I found this article referring to this case, with the insights into internet dating “LEO style”, to be very enlightening. -It also speaks to the profile of those who seek the “illicit affairs/hookups”, and the predators who take advantage of that very dynamic.

DM’s wife is a smart woman and what she may not have known before the murder, I do believe she was well aware of what she had to keep under wraps at the press conference (public vs private) in order for LE to publicize an unknown suspect on video and make an arrest. ~imo

--Wonder if a plea deal is in the works because there has been virtually no news in this case since the arrest…

What a strange ending to a strange story. Prayers to the wife and family. At least they will not be subjected to a trial.

Wow. I didn't expect guilty pleas. That's great news.

I feel relieved for the widow and the victim's parents.

NBC4 news just said Gallmon faces 18-25 yrs, at trial she would have faced 40 yrs. Johnson faces 5 yrs.

Messerschmitt's widow cried on and off during the hearing. :tears:

NBC4 news just said Gallmon faces 18-25 yrs, at trial she would have faced 40 yrs. Johnson faces 5 yrs.

Messerschmitt's widow cried on and off during the hearing. :tears:

His widow was there, in silent witness, in court to see justice be rendered for David, seems to me like a strong, brave and very loving thing to do on her part.

Ms. Alfarone, of WUSA, reported, "Johnson left court with her held high." Then, when she pinned down Johnson's evasive lawyer with "Why the plea?", he retorted with "Is that a serious question?" She persisted and he was forced to mealy mouth an answer that completely contradicts Johnson swaggering (hmm webble gait) demeanor.

I know this may not be the case, and I may be totally off the mark, but is Johnson getting treated with kid gloves for some reason? Could the case be made at the killer's sentencing in August and as probation for Dominique Johnson is considered, the accomplice who accompanied the Gallmon to the CVS to buy zipties, that what was lost with David, and the gall shown today is a bit of travesty? So, next time, Johnson will know to wait outside the CVS, after her five years probation?

Did the accomplice seem remorseful to anyone?

I think they both got a real sweetheart of a deal.

[h=1]Prosecutors seek 25-year sentence for woman convicted of killing D.C. lawyer[/h]Prosecutors on Tuesday asked a D.C. Superior Court judge to sentence the woman convicted of fatally stabbing an attorney, whom she tricked into meeting her by answering a Craigslist ad for sex, to 25 years in prison.

Gallmon is scheduled to be sentenced Friday by Judge Michael Ryan. Gallmon’s girlfriend and former roommate, Dominique Johnson, 19, of Washington, also is scheduled to be sentenced Friday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ial&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back