Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And then there's the smell factor - there would be a powerful smell of sewage and sewage gases from that manhole. If the manhole was open the smell would have emanated from it, and if it was lifted off, the smell would have been strong. Caleb was an intelligent young man - it's hard to believe that he would have wandered to the area deliberately at that hour, especially given the smell.

These are not sewage drains - they are storm water drains. No smell would be coming out of them.

I cut a circle with a 25 inch diameter out of dark paper and had a friend put it on the grass in my back yard well after dark but with no fog. I walked back and forth for over an hour and never stepped on it. When I used a flashlight and located it and knew where it was, I could not adjust my stride to have both feet hit the circle at the same time, it was always one or the other. I think, partly because I was not looking down at my feet, but because I had my head up as he would have had.

I absolutely cannot figure out how he could have headed out into that field and manage to get both feet together into that hole and go straight down into it. I absolutely believe that another person was involved in his disappearance. MOO MOO MOO

Smart experiment, it shows well why he would not have seen the hole. Except that it's not likely Caleb was out there striding along/paying attention with some goal in mind. He (like most people under 50 walking around these days :() was most likely just shuffling along staring at his phone, so his feet would have been very close together.

These are not sewage drains - they are storm water drains. No smell would be coming out of them.

Smart experiment, it shows well why he would not have seen the hole. Except that it's not likely Caleb was out there striding along/paying attention with some goal in mind. He (like most people under 50 walking around these days :() was most likely just shuffling along staring at his phone, so his feet would have been very close together.
According to the KHOU article linked in post #470, Caleb was found in a wastewater lift station, not a storm water lift station. Wastewater is sewage. Lift stations are usually components of wastewater systems.

According to the KHOU article linked in post #470, Caleb was found in a wastewater lift station, not a storm water lift station. Wastewater is sewage. Lift stations are usually components of wastewater systems.

Well shoot. I don't give much credence to what the news stations say, but after looking at Corpus's sewage system maps from Thread #3, policies and public information, I do think they are sewage lines now. Which really flips this whole thing on its head for me. The biggest thing it affects is the theory that high amounts of rain floated his body to the lift station. However Corpus has admitted that their sewage lines do get flooded with stormwater via leaks, so the theory still works.

I think Caleb was out there for a reason, though for what purpose I have no idea and can't even make a guess.

But I believe he would be paying more attention than usual because he wasn't wearing shoes. He also had just sent that Snap, so I don't he was just aimlessly wandering - maybe he was looking for another thing to photograph?

this is the kind of case where the odds of this happening seems like millions to one. But the odds of someone else doing harm is, like, billions to one.

Caleb Harris family offers $10,000 reward for information on his disappearance​

SAN ANTONIO - The family of Caleb Harris is offering a $10,000 reward for information on their son's disappearance.

They believe there is someone out there who is responsible for Caleb's death.

Harris was aTexas A&M University student who went missing in March while in Corpus Christi.

Caleb's father, Randy, who lives in New Braunfels, spoke at length in a recent interview. The family does not believe Caleb's death was an accident.

RELATED: Family holds private goodbye for Caleb Harris, student missing since March

As of now, the Corpus Christi Police Department (CCPD) is not investigating Caleb's death as a homicide. The results of Caleb's autopsy and cause of death came back undetermined- meaning his death is unexplained.

CCPD says they do not have the evidence to say whether or not there was foul play involved.

SAN ANTONIO - The family of Caleb Harris is offering a $10,000 reward for information on their son's disappearance.

Harris was aTexas A&M University student who went missing in March while in Corpus Christi.

Caleb's father, Randy, who lives in New Braunfels, spoke at length in a recent interview. The family does not believe Caleb's death was an accident.

RELATED: Family holds private goodbye for Caleb Harris, student missing since March

As of now, the Corpus Christi Police Department (CCPD) is not investigating Caleb's death as a homicide. The results of Caleb's autopsy and cause of death came back undetermined- meaning his death is unexplained.

CCPD says they do not have the evidence to say whether or not there was foul play involved.

Thanks for posting this article.
Since they believe someone out there is responsible for his death, and law enforcement is not ruling out the possibility of foul play, (although there is no evidence that there was any) it’s good that his parents and family are doing this.

Thanks for posting this article.
Since they believe someone out there is responsible for his death, and law enforcement is not ruling out the possibility of foul play, (although there is no evidence that there was any) it’s good that his parents and family are doing this.
I wonder if LE keeping open to the possibility of foul play will prevent Caleb's parents from filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the city for the open manhole cover? There is only a two year statute of limitations for wrongful death in Texas.

Any legal experts have any additional thoughts on that?

"In Texas, surviving family members and personal representatives of the decedent’s estate normally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, as per Texas statute 16.003."

I wonder if LE keeping open to the possibility of foul play will prevent Caleb's parents from filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the city for the open manhole cover? There is only a two year statute of limitations for wrongful death in Texas.

"In Texas, surviving family members and personal representatives of the decedent’s estate normally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, as per Texas statute 16.003."

I’m not a legal expert and would also like to hear what they think—but I’d say that is definitely a concern.

If Caleb accidentally fell in, it would be proper and fitting to file wrongful death litigation, because the manhole ought to have been covered as part of public safety.

But if they spend time pursuing homicide, and the statute runs out, they’ll be unable to— UNLESS an attorney can argue that they had a reasonable right to pursue that angle?

Last edited:

While I'm not a legal expert, I was a paralegal for many years... I feel it would be hard for them to justifiably claim the city is responsible when they have made claims that "someone else" is responsible and this is not an accident caused by the city but a homicide caused by someone else, at the very least that will be a counter by the defense. We know the city may be at fault because the man cover is missing but do we know if there are caution signs or any signage otherwise stating no trespassing?

Eta, but they haven't made any claims as to who they think is responsible so it's still a possibility!

If the cause and manner of death has been left as undetermined, I am glad it is being pursue as homicide and kept open rather than accidental and closed.
This pursuit indicates to me that LE and family have information that has not been shared with the public.MOO MOO MOO

Does anyone have a link to the interview that this article is quoting from, saying that Caleb's father doesn't believe this was an accident? I didn't see a link to the interview in this article, although they referred to a lengthy interview given by Caleb's father.

So the family is working with Project Absentis (missing person organization staffed by former LE, military, etc.) and the $10,000 reward is for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the homicide of Caleb Harris. Project Absentis has an anonymous tipline, according to the flyer (shown) which is advertising/promoting the reward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back