GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not even know how to express in words how closed minded you come across as.
Yes an early 30's newlywed couple in an A Sexual marriage is far more common then I guess you have any idea of.

Do you think that one day when a person is in their 40's or 50's or 60's that they magically become A Sexual? Do you have to be a certain age or married for a certain length of time to one day become an A Sexual? Why is it sooo strange to you that a newlywed couple in their early 30's might just happen to be in a nonsexual / A sexual relationship??

um no. Similar to how a person does not magically turn gay at age 40 or 50 or 70.

We all know now that David was clearly not A sexual but maybe Kim was. Maybe they entered into what would appear to be a heterosexual marriage but they had a secret understanding that no sex was ever going to happen because maybe Kim was A sexual.
Maybe they wanted to have children and pose as a straight mom and dad. A lot of gay couples do not want to have children as a gay couple for many reasons - one being that kids are very cruel and if a peer in their class has 2 daddy's or 2 mommy's they will be tormented. For years. So sometimes gay couples choose to pose as straight and get married for that reason. It is not uncommon at all.
[/QUOTE]
I think the familiar saying about when you hear hoof beats, look for horses not zebras applies here.

Yes, it's possible it was an asexual marriage. But imo it's not likely.

I think that's all have on her for now that can stick, that she knew in advance about the robbery and participated in it by purchasing the zip ties and waiting for JG outside the hotel. Perhaps with more evidence, they will up the charges.

Not so sure about that :)

First, when an offender kills accidentally or without specific intent to kill in the commission of a felony, the offender can be charged with murder. Second, it makes any participant in such a felony criminally liable for any deaths that occur during or in furtherance of that felony.(wiki)

At law, an accomplice has the same degree of guilt as the person he or she is assisting, is subject to prosecution for the same crime, and faces the same criminal penalties. As such, the three accomplices to the bank robbery above can also be found guilty of armed robbery even if only one stole money (wiki).

I suspect they could charge her with more already, but I'm not an expert!

I would disagree... I think they specifically targeted the male on male hook up ads thinking there would be much less chance of it being reported. Yes robberies happen everyday all over from straight hook up ads also but I think they probably felt more safe targeting male on male hookups knowing that there was a much better chance that those men would be even more embarrassed to come forward and report it. So they had more odds in their favor targeting male on male ads IMO.

And/or perhaps "married" men whether M4M, M4W, or M4xxx. Maybe Married M4M is more vulnerable IDK. I still tend to think wife didn't know he was on a place like CL, because she would want him to be that risky with his own life if nothing else ...but it really doesn't matter except people should be very careful no matter what their persuasion. Horrible what those two did to him.

I think the familiar saying about when you hear hoof beats, look for horses not zebras applies here.

Yes, it's possible it was an asexual marriage. But imo it's not likely.

Never heard that quote in my life sorry,
May I ask why you think it's unlikely though? I am genuinely curious why so many people on here just come to a quick assumption that Kim was done wrong and likely had no idea what David was up to behind her back. What makes you think that?

I would disagree... I think they specifically targeted the male on male hook up ads thinking there would be much less chance of it being reported. Yes robberies happen everyday all over from straight hook up ads also but I think they probably felt more safe targeting male on male hookups knowing that there was a much better chance that those men would be even more embarrassed to come forward and report it. So they had more odds in their favor targeting male on male ads IMO.

I also think they chose a man seeking a man because JG probably wouldn't appeal to many of the men seeking a woman.

Another thing that puzzles me is WHY are there no pictures in the media of the girlfriend?
Every news article I have read has absolutely no pictures of her. Just her name. Why is that?

I think she gained weight from the time she was training to be a security guard and the murder. She is heavier looking in her booking photo and on the murder day video.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/04/08/donovan-hotel-murder-of-david-messerschmitt/25471311/

nbc news4 just showed DJ leaving court and she isn't as big as she was in her photo. Actually, walking next to the man, father, uncle whoever he was, she looked like a child. Of course, she is only 19. jmo She also looked pretty pleased with herself. imo

DJ knew "it went bad" (it = robbery) the night Messerschmitt was stabbed.

She knew her girlfriend murdered Messerschmitt.

Yet, she told no one, and continued to use the victim's metro card through April 1.

Cold, callous and malicious.

DJ knew "it went bad" (it = robbery) the night Messerschmitt was stabbed.

She knew her girlfriend murdered Messerschmitt.

Yet, she told no one, and continued to use the victim's metro card through April 1.

Cold, callous and malicious.

I agree... I think the perp also said more than "it went bad". Can't imagine she didn't ask her for the details. The two planned a horrible crime anyway, zip ties and to rob him. I'm also not buying that he was a threat and this was any kind of self defense.

May I ask why was it only filmed of her arriving and leaving and not the actual court appearance?
Is it not within the law in DC to record and publish a court appearance?
This is actually the first case I have ever followed from DC so this is new to me.

May I ask why was it only filmed of her arriving and leaving and not the actual court appearance?
This is actually the first case I have ever followed from DC so this is new to me.
I don't think DC courts allow filming.

Someone with legal knowledge will have a much better answer for you, but here's a link that might help in the meantime:

"Cameras and other technology in the courtroom"

"... Standard 8-3.8 of the American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section Standards. It provides that “under rules prescribed by a supervising appellate court or other appropriate authority, a judge may authorize broadcasting, televising, recording and photographing of judicial proceedings … consistent with the right to a fair trial and subject to express conditions, limitations, and guidelines which allow such coverage in a manner that will be unobtrusive, will not distract or otherwise adversely affect witnesses or other trial participants, and will not otherwise interfere with the administration of justice.”

http://www.rcfp.org/dc-cir-open-courts-compendium/xi-cameras-and-other-technology-courtroom

May I ask why you think it's unlikely though? I am genuinely curious why so many people on here just come to a quick assumption that Kim was done wrong and likely had no idea what David was up to behind her back. What makes you think that?

While there are different types of unions, I believe the majority (not minority) of marriages are still traditional.

Imo – I could be way wrong but I think the fact that they were college sweethearts makes me think theirs was not a marriage of convenience. I also think he may have been coming to terms with his sexuality later in life as has happened with so many. The fact that he was soliciting “anonymous hook ups” makes me think secrecy is a greater possibility. ETA: "Secrecy" in the context of a traditional looking marriage as opposed to being single.

In a society obsessed with sex, it's hard if you have no sexual desire at all. Some are searching for a new form of intimacy

“…It's estimated that 1% of the world's population is asexual, although research is limited.

Laura, 21, from Scotland, has known she was asexual from adolescence. "At school, all the other girls started getting crushes when we were about 13. I had no idea what they were talking about."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/26/among-the-asexuals

The article ^^^on asexuality mentions it is a new movement, and very recently (last 10 years) organized as a group online.

nbc news4 just showed DJ leaving court and she isn't as big as she was in her photo. Actually, walking next to the man, father, uncle whoever he was, she looked like a child. Of course, she is only 19. jmo She also looked pretty pleased with herself. imo

I was talking about J Gallom not D Johnson.

Now both of them are due back in court on May 8th. JG was originally suppose to return tomorrow. per news

It's a quote I've heard a lot on Websleuths. :-)

It's simply that the vast majority of marriages are not asexual. Simply a matter of statistical probability.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

They felt more at ease targetting M4M because Gallmon doesn't have very feminine qualities, so it was easier for her to pose as a young man than having to put on make up, dress girly and do and say sexy girly things. :blushing:

Either way most married men would shy away from reporting a robbery.

Definitely true!

Though I have to admit given the reports of recent fighting between them from neighbors, a piece of me wonders if there might have been enough conflict that J might have implicated her in exchange for some degree of leniency. Probably unlikely, but...maybe?
The fighting indicates to me the girlfriend wasn't aware of a murder ahead of time. She was probably furious it happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back