GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This indicates to me that the girlfriend is going to get a good plea deal.

They wouldn't have released her otherwise, IMO.

The judge said there is "substantial evidence" against 19-year-old Dominique Johnson. She was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit robbery on Wednesday. Johnson has no criminal record and was released into high intensity supervision, which means she will have to wear a monitoring bracelet.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28760722/explosive-new-details-released-in-donovan-hotel-murder

Since Johnson was waiting outside the hotel, who did Gallmon call after the murder?

Hola! I haven't checked in since the 2 arrests were made and I am just stunned - $40??? That hurts my heart to no end. Thanks for all the links, you guys do such a good job. So evil, so sad.

nbc news4 just showed DJ leaving court and she isn't as big as she was in her photo. Actually, walking next to the man, father, uncle whoever he was, she looked like a child. Of course, she is only 19. jmo She also looked pretty pleased with herself. imo

I thought that was Dominique leaving court - she's 5' 4". Yikes, I can't imagine Gallmon would out of custody since she confessed to killing him while trying to rob him. :jail:

Hola! I haven't checked in since the 2 arrests were made and I am just stunned - $40??? That hurts my heart to no end. Thanks for all the links, you guys do such a good job. So evil, so sad.
Were there two arrests in addition to Gallmon? I'm afraid I missed something.

It is incredibly heartbreaking this man died over $40. I bet you he would have gladly given her $40.

nbc news4 just showed DJ leaving court and she isn't as big as she was in her photo. Actually, walking next to the man, father, uncle whoever he was, she looked like a child. Of course, she is only 19. jmo She also looked pretty pleased with herself. imo
I think she looked larger because was sitting on the other girl's lap in that picture.

Thank you all for your helpful replies to all the questions I posted :)

In regards to me bringing up the whole A sexual thing --- to be honest, the only reason I brought it up was because I was trying to give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt. He is dead now and I just think it's best to let him rest in peace without accusing him of doing something wrong to his wife. He may or may not have. We do not know. Kim has not said anything about the subject.

Maybe something positive can come out of David's horrible experience and it can help us all learn to be a bit more open minded and not jump to such quick conclusions that's all.

Were there two arrests in addition to Gallmon? I'm afraid I missed something.

It is incredibly heartbreaking this man died over $40. I bet you he would have gladly given her $40.

I agree with you 100% and I just do not get it. To be honest, I am starting to believe her when she claimed to have a flashback of a horrible experience from her past. In which case she is certainly a very dangerous threat to society because it could happen again at any time.

I am just imagining this woman holding a knife up to David demanding he give her the $ and I just can not wrap my head around him fighting back and saying no to someone holding a knife to him.

I feel like maybe it is true that she had some sort of flashback and just went crazy on him. I think that most people, if there was a person in front of them with a knife demanding $ would say, "sure, please take everything you want! I don't want any trouble!" I just really do not get this at all. It's so puzzling.

If he only had $40, it sounds more like a meet-up than a transaction for money, unless sex workers will come to a hotel room for that small of a sum. Just all so strange and horrible.

I agree with you 100% and I just do not get it. To be honest, I am starting to believe her when she claimed to have a flashback of a horrible experience from her past. In which case she is certainly a very dangerous threat to society because it could happen again at any time.

I am just imagining this woman holding a knife up to David demanding he give her the $ and I just can not wrap my head around him fighting back and saying no to someone holding a knife to him.

I feel like maybe it is true that she had some sort of flashback and just went crazy on him. I think that most people, if there was a person in front of them with a knife demanding $ would say, "sure, please take everything you want! I don't want any trouble!" I just really do not get this at all. It's so puzzling.

If you can't imagine him fighting back then what do you think caused any kind of flashback?

IMO, I do not think she set out to murder DM for $40.00
But she went into that room armed with a knife
What happened after that is anybodys guess
It seems to have escalated very quickly.

As far as a flashback goes... I simply do not know anything about this woman so I can not comment with any certainty
He has defensive wounds , does he not?
I believe he fought back til he couldn't fight anymore
Who would not try to protect themselves?
He was definitely at a disadvantage.

As far as his wife knowing about his private, secret life?
I doubt we will ever know
If she knew, I can't imagine she will ever discuss it publicly
And if she didn't know? Well ^

One way or the other, its one he@# of a horrible way to lose your husband

There is Gallmon’s statement that she stole $40 and killed a man in self-defense. Yet, she is being held without bond.

(imo) --The “flashback” reasoning sounds like a post-traumatic stress war story, yet she never made it to the military.

Is there a text/email paper trail that will reveal more showing her intent? Or, his bank transactions that reveal more than $40 cash? Did she think she was in the clear and minimize the cash amount because she deleted everything?

And would LE know otherwise because LE can retrieve deleted texts/emails/messages from the communications companies’ servers in a murder investigation? And is this part of what led to a solid second arrest in conspiracy commit robbery?

She hatched a plan, posed as a man, and had back up. Either she stole more than $40, or IF it was a veiled hook-up went ballistic in disbelief that a lawyer didn’t have wads of cash in his hotel room.

Maybe she is an inexperienced criminal but the intention doesn’t get much more vicious than this.

~all imo~

From what I understand they had text back and forth during the afternoon hours.
I can only assume if money was discussed, it would have been in the texts.
Makes me believe a hook up , not a business deal.
Its possible, based on the location, she expected him to be rolling in money

That's what I'm thinking. She and her girlfriend, according to DJ, hatched the plan in January. The murder happened in February. Perhaps they were watching for just the right hit...a man looking for a man and arranging to meet in a high-end hotel. That was their clue that he would have money. Except he didn't.

I'm also assuming this was their first attempt at robbery. Buying the zip ties across the street from the crime scene moments before the crime = not too smart.

But, it's possible, they were successful in the past with a similar routine. This robbery didn't go well when he either fought back or she got very angry at the amount of money. I'm not buying the flash-back excuse.

She killed him cold blood. A person defenfing themselves would ask for help. Not bury bloody clothes in a sewer.

I had another thought, though maybe it is improbable. Could the plan have been to zip tie him and then get his PINs for Debit Cards or something of that sort. I don't like to say it but maybe she just got pissed when he wouldn't give it/them? Maybe she stabbed him first to make him talk, but instead he started rolling over and fighting it. Why would she claim self defense if his hands/thumbs were already tethered?

I had another thought, though maybe it is improbable. Could the plan have been to zip tie him and then get his PINs for Debit Cards or something of that sort. I don't like to say it but maybe she just got pissed when he wouldn't give it/them? Maybe she stabbed him first to make him talk, but instead he started rolling over and fighting it. Why would she claim self defense if his hands/thumbs were already tethered?

Yes, that makes the story hard to swallow for me

SHE went there with the intent to rob. HE went there for 30 minutes of sex.

He had no reason to harm her. This was all initiated by her.

Maybe she only wanted the money, maybe she wanted to murder, but he only wanted sex. The violence that happened in that room happened because she brought a knife and a motive. It wasn't self-defense to stab a bound man multiple times. He fought back, but that doesn't mean she was in a defensive position. He was.

Agree! It must have really pissed her off that after he rented a room for over $200 just for short time, he only had $40 cash on him. MOTIVE - ANGER, not flashback.

I don't believe the flashback unless it was a flashback about getting stiffed yet again.

Let's see, I'm completely vulnerable being that I'm half-naked and my hands are cuffed and you're threatening me with a knife (or even holding it against my back)?

TAKE MY MONEY AND LEAVE PLEASE! CAN I WRITE YOU A CHECK? CAN I BUY YOU DINNER? TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AND LEAVE PLEASE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123
Back