DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yep, as someone who works regularly with discovery requests and docs, this is all about delay tactics again. We produce the same docs multiple times and when the other side wants specific docs within the myriad, we would rarely go and find those for them - we tell them they have been produced, period. Isn't anything bates labeled and indexed? stupid delay tactics.

Lisa Rubin
@lawofruby

"NEW: Trump's team has moved to issue several pre-trial subpoenas for 'missing' documents from the Jan. 6 committee. In a footnote, however, they tell Judge Chutkan that they're not positive the documents they seek aren't in the government's discovery. 1/

Instead, they tell her they have a 'good faith basis' for believing they don't have them--and then fail to explain what steps they took to develop said 'good faith basis.' 'Trust me' is rarely a good strategy with a federal judge. 2/"

Docket update - I have not read thru them yet - so some might have already been mentioned as filed. The typos are on the court site... not me! :D

Doc # Date Filed Description
94 Oct 6, 2023 LEAVE TO FILE DENIED- Notice of Appeal as to DONALD J. TRUMP This document is unavailable as the Court denied its filing. "Even assuming a third party could file a notice of appeal in a criminal case which the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure and Local Criminal Rules do not contemplate, this filing does not comply with Rule 3(c) of the Circuit Rules of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit". Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/6/2023. (zhsj) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Leave to File Denied

96 Oct 6, 2023 LEAVE TO FILE DENIED- Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus, Continued Judge Chutkan Impermissibly Held First Amendment to be Unconstitutional as to DONALD J. TRUMP This document is unavailable as the Court denied its filing. Even if construed as a motion for leave to file an amicus curiae brief, the court is not persuaded thatfiling this submission is warranted. Although courts have in rare instances exercised their discretionto permit third-party submissions in criminal cases, neither the Federal Rules of CriminalProcedure nor the Local Criminal Rules contemplate the filing of amicus curiae briefs. At this time,the court does not find it necessary to depart from the ordinary procedural course by permittingthis filing". Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/6/2023. (zhsj) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Leave to File Denied

85 Oct 9, 2023 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Emil Bove Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-10406576. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by DONALD J. TRUMP. (Lauro, John) (Entered: 10/09/2023) Main Document Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice

93 Oct 10, 2023 LEAVE TO FILE DENIED- Notice of Appeal as to DONALD J. TRUMP This document is unavailable as the Court denied its filing. "Even assuming a third partycould file a notice of appeal in acriminal cases, which theFederal Rules of CriminalProcedure and and LocalCriminal Rules do notcontemplate, this filing does notcomply with Rule 3(c) of theCircuit Rules of the U.S. Courtof Appeals for the District ofColumbia Circuit".. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/6/2023. (zhsj) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Leave to File Denied

Oct 10, 2023 Order

Oct 10, 2023 .Order AND ~Util - Set/Reset Deadlines

95 Oct 10, 2023 LEAVE TO FILE DENIED- Notice of Appeal as to DONALD J. TRUMP This document is unavailable as the Court denied its filing. "Even assuming a third partycould file a notice of appeal in acriminal cases, which theFederal Rules of CriminalProcedure and and LocalCriminal Rules do notcontemplate, this filing does notcomply with Rule 3(c) of theCircuit Rules of the U.S. Courtof Appeals for the District ofColumbia Circuit".. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/6/2023. (zhsj) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Leave to File Denied

97 Oct 10, 2023 MOTION for Order for Fair and Protective Jury Procedures by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP. (Gaston, Molly) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Motion for Order

98 Oct 10, 2023 MOTION for Formal Pretrial Notice of the Defendant's Intent to Rely on Advice-of-Counsel Defense by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Windom, Thomas) (Entered: 10/10/2023) Main Document Motion for Miscellaneous Relief
Attachment 1 Text of Proposed Order

Oct 10, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: It is hereby ORDERED that by October 20, 2023, the defense shall file any opposition to the government's 97 Motion for Fair and Protective Jury Procedures and 98 Motion for Formal Pretrial Notice of the Defendant's Intent to Rely on Advice-of-Counsel Defense; and that the government shall file any reply in support of those motions by October 25, 2023. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/10/2023. (zjd)

Oct 11, 2023 Order on Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice

Oct 11, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: Granting 85 Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice. Emil Bove is hereby admitted pro hac vice to appear in this matter on behalf of Defendant. Counsel should register for e-filing via PACER and file a notice of appearance pursuant to LCrR 44.5(a). Click for instructions. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/11/2023. (zjd)

Oct 11, 2023 .Order AND ~Util - Set/Reset Deadlines

99 Oct 11, 2023 MOTION for Discovery (PRE-TRIAL RULE 17(c) SUBPOENAS) by DONALD J. TRUMP. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit, # 2 Exhibit, # 3 Exhibit, # 4 Exhibit, # 5 Exhibit, # 6 Exhibit, # 7 Exhibit, # 8 Exhibit, # 9 Exhibit, # 10 Exhibit, # 11 Exhibit)(Lauro, John) (Entered: 10/11/2023)
Main Document Motion for Discovery Attachment 1 Exhibit Attachment 2 Exhibit Attachment 3 Exhibit Attachment 4 Exhibit Attachment 5 Exhibit Attachment 6 Exhibit Attachment 7 Exhibit
Attachment 8 Exhibit Attachment 9 Exhibit Attachment 10 Exhibit Attachment 11 Exhibit

Oct 11, 2023 Order

Oct 11, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: It is hereby ORDERED that by October 25, 2023, the government shall file any opposition to Defendant's 99 Motion for Pre-Trial Rule 17(c) Subpoenas; and the defense shall file any reply in support of its motion by November 1, 2023. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/11/2023. (zjd)

100 Oct 11, 2023 NOTICE of Compliance by DONALD J. TRUMP re Order,,, Set Deadlines,, (Lauro, John) (Entered: 10/11/2023) Main Document Notice (Other)

101 Oct 11, 2023 MOTION to Access CIPA Section 4 Filing by DONALD J. TRUMP. (Blanche, Todd) (Entered: 10/11/2023) Main Document Access

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com

I can't remember where the 14th Amendment lawsuits are being posted so I'll plop this gem here:

"Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to 'support' the Constitution as president."

"'The Presidential oath, which the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment surely knew, requires the President to swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution — not to support the Constitution,' said the filing by Trump's attorneys."

I can't remember where the 14th Amendment lawsuits are being posted so I'll plop this gem here:

"Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to 'support' the Constitution as president."

"'The Presidential oath, which the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment surely knew, requires the President to swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution — not to support the Constitution,' said the filing by Trump's attorneys."

His attorneys really look like fools- the things that people do for Trump, throw their reputations away, go broke- break the law- you have to wonder why they do these things for him---

His attorneys really look like fools- the things that people do for Trump, throw their reputations away, go broke- break the law- you have to wonder why they do these things for him---

I know.... right? definitely boggles the mind...
Smiley Has Question Smiley

well, how can they not be getting paid? Who can work for the myriad hours and hours they have and will? I recall reports of a few saying he owes them money but I find it hard to fathom there's not been some substantial retainers.
I thought the campaign scam money paid for the lawyers. idk

jmo

I guess this goes here... I am getting confused! LOL!

Oct. 13, 2023

One of the defenses that former President Donald Trump is using in special counsel Jack Smith's 2020 election case is that he was simply acting on the advice of his attorneys.

Smith alleges that Trump violated federal lawyers after losing the election to now-President Joe Biden and trying to stay in office anyway. Some of Trump's attorneys from late 2020 and early 2021 are co-defendants in a separate election-related criminal case being prosecuted by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis for the State of Georgia, including Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

a lot more in article.

I guess this goes here... I am getting confused! LOL!

Oct. 13, 2023

One of the defenses that former President Donald Trump is using in special counsel Jack Smith's 2020 election case is that he was simply acting on the advice of his attorneys.

Smith alleges that Trump violated federal lawyers after losing the election to now-President Joe Biden and trying to stay in office anyway. Some of Trump's attorneys from late 2020 and early 2021 are co-defendants in a separate election-related criminal case being prosecuted by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis for the State of Georgia, including Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

a lot more in article.
So, if Trump is going with "following advice of legal counsel" defense, then he loses attorney-client privilege and Jack Smith can see communications between Trump and lawyers.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back