DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
he was just speaking in Iowa and said how much he loves Iowa, but that he wouldn't love it if he hadn't won there

Audience roared in appreciation.

Ummm... ok. he insulted you to your face. insinuated he was using you. but ok.
I don't get the laugh track they provide for him, at their own expense.

jmo

Docket update:

Doc # Date Filed Description
102 Oct 13, 2023 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Emil Bove appearing for DONALD J. TRUMP (Bove, Emil) (Entered: 10/13/2023) Main Document Notice of Attorney Appearance - Defendant

Oct 16, 2023 Motion Hearing

Oct 16, 2023 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan: Motion Hearing as to DONALD J. TRUMP held on 10/16/2023 re 57 Motion to Ensure that Extrajudicial Statements Do Not Prejudice These Proceedings. Order forthcoming. Bond Status of Defendant: appearance waived, remains on personal recognizance; Court Reporter: Bryan Wayne; Defense Attorneys: John F. Lauro and Todd Blanche; US Attorneys: Molly G. Gaston and Thomas Windom. (zjd)

103 Oct 16, 2023 TRANSCRIPT OF MOTION HEARING in case as to DONALD J. TRUMP before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan held on October 16, 2023; Page Numbers: 1-86. Date of Issuance: 10/16/2023. Court Reporter: Bryan A. Wayne. Transcripts may be ordered by submitting the Transcript Order FormFor the first 90 days after this filing date, the transcript may be viewed at the courthouse at a public terminal or purchased from the court reporter referenced above. After 90 days, the transcript may be accessed via PACER. Other transcript formats, (multi-page, condensed, CD or ASCII) may be purchased from the court reporter.NOTICE RE REDACTION OF TRANSCRIPTS: The parties have twenty-one days to file with the court and the court reporter any request to redact personal identifiers from this transcript. If no such requests are filed, the transcript will be made available to the public via PACER without redaction after 90 days. The policy, which includes the five personal identifiers specifically covered, is located on our website at www.dcd.uscourts.gov. Redaction Request due 11/6/2023. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 11/16/2023. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 1/14/2024.(Wayne, Bryan) (Entered: 10/16/2023) Main Document Transcript

104 Oct 16, 2023 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE James Pearce appearing for USA. (Pearce, James) (Entered: 10/16/2023) Main Document Notice of Attorney Appearance - USA

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com

A federal judge ruled Monday that former President Donald Trump cannot make statements criticizing prosecutors, court staff or their families — or discuss possible witnesses or testimony in the election interference case against him.

US District Judge Tanya Chutkan stressed that her partial gag order does not preclude Trump, 77, from attacking the Justice Department or stating his belief that the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith is politically motivated.

“You keep talking about censorship like the defendant has unfettered First Amendment rights. He doesn’t,” Chutkan told Trump attorney John Lauro at one point during a morning hearing.

“We’re not talking about censorship here,” the judge added. “We’re talking restrictions to ensure there is a fair administration of justice on this case.”

Trump was not present during the Washington hearing, but he bashed the order Monday afternoon as “unconstitutional” and vowed to appeal the ruling.

“Today a judge put on a gag order. I’ll be the only politician in history that runs with a gag order where I’m not allowed to criticize people. Can you imagine this?” Trump exclaimed during a campaign event in Iowa

“Do you believe this? I’m not allowed to criticize people, so we’ll see. We’ll appeal it and we’ll see but it’s so unconstitutional.”

During a later stop in Clive, Iowa, Trump crowed that he’s “been indicted more than Al Capone,” swiped at Chutkan, and expressed a willingness to go to jail.
Trump fraud trial in NYC live updates: Ex-president frowns at AG Letitia James as he takes a seat in the courtroom

A federal judge ruled Monday that former President Donald Trump cannot make statements criticizing prosecutors, court staff or their families — or discuss possible witnesses or testimony in the election interference case against him.

US District Judge Tanya Chutkan stressed that her partial gag order does not preclude Trump, 77, from attacking the Justice Department or stating his belief that the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith is politically motivated.

“You keep talking about censorship like the defendant has unfettered First Amendment rights. He doesn’t,” Chutkan told Trump attorney John Lauro at one point during a morning hearing.

“We’re not talking about censorship here,” the judge added. “We’re talking restrictions to ensure there is a fair administration of justice on this case.”

Trump was not present during the Washington hearing, but he bashed the order Monday afternoon as “unconstitutional” and vowed to appeal the ruling.

“Today a judge put on a gag order. I’ll be the only politician in history that runs with a gag order where I’m not allowed to criticize people. Can you imagine this?” Trump exclaimed during a campaign event in Iowa

“Do you believe this? I’m not allowed to criticize people, so we’ll see. We’ll appeal it and we’ll see but it’s so unconstitutional.”

During a later stop in Clive, Iowa, Trump crowed that he’s “been indicted more than Al Capone,” swiped at Chutkan, and expressed a willingness to go to jail.
Trump fraud trial in NYC live updates: Ex-president frowns at AG Letitia James as he takes a seat in the courtroom
I seriously doubt an Appellate Court is going to agree with the Judge.

Putting any kind of a gag order on a defendant is purely political theater. Judges are supposed to be unbiased.

JMO

Sounds like he's taking control of the narrative-to-be.

Trump said in Iowa speech, "But what they don’t understand is that I am willing to go to jail if that’s what it takes for our country to win and become a democracy again.”

Trump is under-estimating Iowans, imo. If he goes to jail, it is because a jury has convicted him.

JMO

I seriously doubt an Appellate Court is going to agree with the Judge.

Putting any kind of a gag order on a defendant is purely political theater. Judges are supposed to be unbiased.

JMO
Defendants, in a perfect world, would understand court decorum and not personally attacking court staff on social media. Unfortunately it takes political theater to combat political theater sometimes MOO

Defendants, in a perfect world, would understand court decorum and not personally attacking court staff on social media. Unfortunately it takes political theater to combat political theater sometimes MOO
Defendants do enjoy the Constitutional right to free speech. That's not going to change any time soon.

JMO

Defendants do enjoy the Constitutional right to free speech. That's not going to change any time soon.

JMO
The right to free speech is not absolute…
For anyone.

Trump's lawyer John Lauro accused prosecutors of "seeking to censor a political candidate in the middle of a campaign." But the judge shot back that Trump "does not have a right to say and do exactly as he pleases."

"You keep talking about censorship like the defendant has unfettered First Amendment rights. He doesn't," Chutkan said. "We're not talking about censorship here. We're talking restrictions to ensure there is a fair administration of justice on this case."

Judge imposes narrow gag order on Trump in his federal election interference case | PBS NewsHour
Judge imposes narrow gag order on Trump in his federal election interference case

Judge CHUTKAN has issued her formal gag order on Trump, prohibiting "interested parties" — including Trump — from attacking the special counsel, witnesses or court staff.

@kyledcheney

NOTABLE: Chutkan has explicitly exempted Pence from part of the order because he is a current political rival. She also emphasizes Trump is perfectly welcome to criticize the govt and DOJ, claim the prosecution is politically motivated and maintain his innocence

Attachments

• IMG_0993.png
    IMG_0993.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sounds like he's taking control of the narrative-to-be.

Trump said in Iowa speech, "But what they don’t understand is that I am willing to go to jail if that’s what it takes for our country to win and become a democracy again.”

He's willing to go to jail??? ha ha ha - don't make me laugh- that is where he belongs and no judge has the guts to put him there-- I have no confidence in our justice system that he will get the punishment he deserves which would be prison- for quite a long time, but even punishing him for all his threats to prosecutors and judges- and all the judges do is give him a "limited gag
order"- makes me WANT TO GAG

The right to free speech is not absolute…
For anyone.

Trump's lawyer John Lauro accused prosecutors of "seeking to censor a political candidate in the middle of a campaign." But the judge shot back that Trump "does not have a right to say and do exactly as he pleases."

"You keep talking about censorship like the defendant has unfettered First Amendment rights. He doesn't," Chutkan said. "We're not talking about censorship here. We're talking restrictions to ensure there is a fair administration of justice on this case."

Judge imposes narrow gag order on Trump in his federal election interference case | PBS NewsHour
Judge imposes narrow gag order on Trump in his federal election interference case
A defendant does have a Constitutional right to free speech. Just because a Judge proclaims otherwise doesn't make it true. That's why our justice system has layers of oversight. Unfortunately, taxpayers are picking up the costs of the Judge's political theater.

JMO

A defendant does have a Constitutional right to free speech. Just because a Judge proclaims otherwise doesn't make it true. That's why our justice system has layers of oversight. Unfortunately, taxpayers are picking up the costs of the Judge's political theater.

JMO

It's hilarious that you argue that the judge is using political theater yet you don't see any political theater on Trump's side of things.

JMO

It's hilarious that you argue that the judge is using political theater yet you don't see any political theater on Trump's side of things.
Sadly, many trump supporters are unable to actually see him objectively. They see him as a victim.

He's willing to go to jail??? ha ha ha - don't make me laugh- that is where he belongs and no judge has the guts to put him there-- I have no confidence in our justice system that he will get the punishment he deserves which would be prison- for quite a long time, but even punishing him for all his threats to prosecutors and judges- and all the judges do is give him a "limited gag
order"- makes me WANT TO GAG
I don't believe Trump belongs in jail. His unwillingness to accept the 2020 election results isn't proof of a crime but is proof enough to me that he should remain out of political office.

JMO

JMO

Considering what Trump has cost us its money well spent.

imo

Trump has always engaged in political theater. The Judge is supposed to remain unbiased and adhere to the Judicial Code of Conduct. Taxpayers are picking up the tab for the Judge's political theater. I see nothing funny about it.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back