DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently, a few head off to Canada, but nowhere like as many as say they will. For one thing, it isn't all that easy to up sticks and move and even harder for most people to find a country who'll take them, unless they're celebreties maybe. MOO

Canada will take young, highly educated people with money. But the process is long, so it might be too late already.

But there's a silver lining—in order for them to implement P2025, conservatives would have to control both the House and the Senate. Even if they did--not all conservatives support the agenda.

Plus, legal challenges would be flying!

I agree that P2025 is scary, and while it does pose a possibility of changes, the inherent checks and balances of our system would almost certainly moderate its imimpact.RSBM
RSBM. MOO My fear is that our system of government with its checks and balances would no longer exist as we know it. IMO, those who would seek to implement such plans as Project 2025 will seek to change the foundations of our government if they feel that's necessary to put their plan into action. Our current laws, Congress, democracy... could cease to exist. JMO

IMO the actions of Trump's supporters on January 6 show that they don't have qualms about disrupting our legal processes and rules. That scares me. I worry that given half a chance, the Project 2025 plan will replace the laws and balances we currently have in place. MOO

Just my experience but I'm personally having a solemn Independence Day this year, more so than any other year. I also continue to have hope that law and justice will prevail. JMO

May freedom continue to ring.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aspirelights