DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the entire indictment. Honestly can't be surprised by anything DJT does - ever. But I am sickened by those who were enabling him and working so hard to overturn the will of the people. I sincerely hope there will be more indictments.

Trump is charged with four counts: obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and conspiracy to prevent others from carrying out their constitutional rights.

In the obstruction charge — which carries penalties of up to 20 years in prison — the official proceeding refers to the Jan. 6, 2021, joint session of Congress at which electoral votes were counted in order to certify Biden as the official winner. Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding also carries a maximum of 20 years in prison.

That obstruction charge has been brought against hundreds of the more than 1,000 people charged in the Jan. 6 riot, including members of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys extremist groups. More than 100 people have been convicted at trial or pleaded guilty to the offense.

Conspiracy to defraud the U.S., which is punishable by up to five years in prison, prohibits efforts to obstruct or interfere with government functions “by deceit, craft or trickery, or at least by means that are dishonest,” the Supreme Court has held. The indictment alleges that Trump used “dishonesty, fraud and deceit” to obstruct the counting and certifying of the election results.

Trump had the right to contest the election — and even falsely claim that he had won, indictment says. The charges, however, stem from what prosecutors say were illegal efforts to subvert the election results and block the peaceful transfer of power.

The indictment alleges a weekslong plot that began with pressure on state lawmakers and election officials to change electoral votes from Biden to Trump, and then evolved into organizing fake slates of pro-Trump electors to be sent to Congress.

Trump and his allies also attempted to use the Justice Department to conduct bogus election-fraud investigations in order to boost his fake electors’ scheme, the indictment says.

As Jan. 6 approached, Trump and his allies pressured Vice President Mike Pence to reject certain electoral votes, and when that failed, the former president directed his supporters to go to the Capitol to obstruct Congress’ certification of the vote, the indictment alleges.

Finally, the indictment says, Trump and his allies tried to exploit his supporters’ attack on the Capitol by redoubling their efforts to spread election lies and convince members of Congress to further delay the certification of Biden’s victory.

AUG 1, 2023
Takeaways from the indictment of Donald Trump for efforts to overturn his 2020 election defeat | CNN Politics
[...]

The acting attorney general and acting deputy attorney general told Trump that the claim he continued to make in the wake of the 2020 election – that there had been more votes than voters in Wisconsin – was false, the indictment says. Despite this, Trump repeated the false claim – including on January 6.

In the hours before the Capitol attack, Trump also repeated the false claim that there had been more than 200,000 illegal votes in Pennsylvania, despite Justice Department officials telling him multiple times the claim was false.

In Michigan, Trump had said multiple times there was an illegal dump of votes in Detroit in the middle of the night during the 2020 election, despite Republican state leaders at the time telling Trump he was wrong and had lost the state because he “had had underperformed with certain voter populations in the state,” the indictment says.

The indictment cites instances where Trump was informed that his claims were false by Vice President Mike Pence, the director of national intelligence, senior members of the Justice Department, the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, his own staffers, state lawmakers as well as state and federal courts.

[...]

... In the meantime, he’ll continue his campaign schedule, including an appearance he has scheduled in Alabama on Friday.

The puzzling and chilling thing is that so many Americans still support him.
I support him. Not because I like everything he says or does. I support him because the goal of these numerous indictments is to prevent President Trump from running for president in 2024.

The justice system should not be used as a political weapon.

JMO.

Business Insider has taken an informed guess about the identities of the co-conspirators.

Co-conspirator 1: Rudy Giuliani (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 2: John Eastman (lawyer) - confirmed by Eastman's lawyer, as per JerseyGirl's post above
Co-conspirator 3: Sidney Powell (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 4: Jeffrey Clark (Justice Dept)
Co-conspirator 5: Kenneth Chesebro (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 6: Unclear (political consultant)

I'm wondering if Co-conspirator 6 is GT who was texting Mark Meadows to convince him to overturn the election.

I support him. Not because I like everything he says or does. I support him because the goal of these numerous indictments is to prevent President Trump from running for president in 2024.

The justice system should not be used as a political weapon.

JMO.

Just curious if you had a friend who was involved with stealing from charities, instigating a riot, demeaning women and branded a sexual predator whether you'd continue a friendship with them?

Out of all those named as potential co-conspirators (including Ginni Thomas, Steve Bannon, Peter Navarro or Roger Stone as the number 6) the only one I think who is likely to flip is Rudy Giuliano if in fact he is one of the six.

Just curious if you had a friend who was involved with stealing from charities, instigating a riot, demeaning women and branded a sexual predator whether you'd continue a friendship with them?
If there's no proof of course I would.

Do you think that using the DOJ and DA offices as political weapons is okay?

JMO.

If there's no proof of course I would.

Do you think that using the DOJ and DA offices as political weapons is okay?

JMO.

If I thought they were being used as political weapons I would not be okay with it. However, I have eyes and ears and the capability to access numerous websites and news organizations that have no agenda other than providing factual information. I've witnessed and heard the things Trump has said and done. He believes himself to be above the law.

His brazen attempts to coerce his political allies to disregard vote results, withholding aid that was already legislated to pressure a foreign country to do his bidding, encouraging his followers to go to the Capitol knowing they were agitated because of his rhetoric, refusing for hours to calm the situation has nothing to do with the politicization of the DOA.

He's been on a non-stop one-man wrecking crew to sow distrust amongst his followers even before the results of the 2016 election was finalized, in the event that he lost. Because DJT doesn't like to lose.

He creates a narrative and hammers it home every day that the world is against him. He offers himself up as the perfect victim. That's what Donald J. Trump does. He's the opposite of a Manchurian candidate, a politician being under the influence of a enemy power. He's created a Manchurian State within a State, an army of followers who are under the influence of a man who has them believe the very bedrock of their country is under attack. He's the boogeyman not the DOJ.

Business Insider has taken an informed guess about the identities of the co-conspirators.

Co-conspirator 1: Rudy Giuliani (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 2: John Eastman (lawyer) - confirmed by Eastman's lawyer, as per JerseyGirl's post above
Co-conspirator 3: Sidney Powell (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 4: Jeffrey Clark (Justice Dept)
Co-conspirator 5: Kenneth Chesebro (lawyer)
Co-conspirator 6: Unclear (political consultant)

I think the political consultant could be Steve Bannon.

JMO

If I thought they were being used as political weapons I would not be okay with it. However, I have eyes and ears and the capability to access numerous websites and news organizations that have no agenda other than providing factual information. I've witnessed and heard the things Trump has said and done. He believes himself to be above the law.

His brazen attempts to coerce his political allies to disregard vote results, withholding aid that was already legislated to pressure a foreign country to do his bidding, encouraging his followers to go to the Capitol knowing they were agitated because of his rhetoric, refusing for hours to calm the situation has nothing to do with the politicization of the DOA.

He's been on a non-stop one-man wrecking crew to sow distrust amongst his followers even before the results of the 2016 election was finalized, in the event that he lost. Because DJT doesn't like to lose.

He creates a narrative and hammers it home every day that the world is against him. He offers himself up as the perfect victim. That's what Donald J. Trump does. He's the opposite of a Manchurian candidate, a politician being under the influence of a enemy power. He's created a Manchurian State within a State, an army of followers who are under the influence of a man who has them believe the very bedrock of their country is under attack. He's the boogeyman not the DOJ.
I disagree. Except the part where you say the very bedrock of my country is under attack.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member