DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Later in the indictment, Smith recounts an alleged exchange when Trump told Pence he would have to publicly criticize him for refusing to go along with a scheme to subvert the certification of the election on January 6.

Smith then cites a stunning episode in which Pence’s chief of staff was concerned for his boss’ safety and alerted the head of the vice president’s Secret Service detail.

The possibility that a vice president could be endangered by his own president is a historic twist that emphasizes the terrifying events set in motion by Trump’s refusal to accept his defeat.

Michael Fanone, one of the police officers assaulted during the Capitol riots, has welcomed the indictment of Donald Trump

Mr Fanone suffered burns, heart attack and traumatic brain injuries while defending the Congress from the insurrectionists during the riots.

"When I heard confirmation of the indictment I couldn’t help but feel incredible proud to be an American," he continued. "The same way I did when President Obama announced that our military had killed [Osama] Bin Laden."

"I saw the Trump-fueled MAGA attack before my eyes. It was calculated, premeditated, and malicious”

Other police officers welcomed Mr Trump's indictment, calling it a step closer to justice.

If there's no proof of course I would.

Do you think that using the DOJ and DA offices as political weapons is okay?

JMO.
One should be able to determine an individual's character without evidence. If something is moot for you either way, you are deflecting from having made a choice already. Are you certain evidence would or could even convince you? That doesn't usually happen. Evidence is also rarer, it is chiefly why most rapes (for ex.) go unreported. Other elements involve your intuition, experiences, red flags, recognition of victimology, looking for predatory psychological traits (narcissism is hard to miss unless you're dealing with a low-key kind of monster), etc.The significance of knowing this person serves to psychologically benefit you, in other words, you have a bias.

And maybe also to prevent the next power-crazed politician from trying to stage a coup in broad daylight.

People got killed.
What makes America America is the peaceful transition of power.

Trump is the first president ever to try to remain in office after losing an election. He defiled our laws and our traditions.....and yet people support him and want more.

The question I have is WHY did he want to hang on to the office after losing an election? Why? Seriously. Why? If someone wants to be in office and has support, they try again at the next election. But he wanted to stay in office after losing the election. Why?

The answer is NOT because he thought he won. He knew he lost. He knew the six co-conspirators were scheming and he disregarded the truth to try to stay in office. He lied repeatedly to achieve the goal of not leaving office. Why?

jmo

Last edited:
Treason treason treason. Throw the book at him!
I would have liked to see him charged with sedition- however, I would guess that sedition is just too hard to prove-- I do believe one of the insurrectionists was charged with sedition--- it is a shame he is not being charged with sedition because he is a traitor to our country

The puzzling and chilling thing is that so many Americans still support him.
To quote Carl Sagan...from many years ago:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

What makes America America is the peaceful transition of power.

Trump is the first president ever to try to remain in office after losing an election. He defiled our laws and our traditions.....and yet people support him and want more.
You mean like the Democrats who have objected to certifying Electoral College wins for the presidential elections of 2000, 2004, 2016?

In 2016 Democrats tried obstructing Trump from the electoral vote by claiming "Russian interference", "voter suppression" and went so far as to try convincing the American people that the Electoral College should interfere in the outcome of the election by refusing their constitutional duties to honor their states’ popular vote, and instead in insurrectionary fashion vote for Hillary Clinton.

To quote Carl Sagan...from many years ago:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”
Yes. ^^This.^^

Though I do think it's possible to snap out of it the bamboozlement. And as much as we probably don't want to, it probably helps if we ease the way back rather than mock and ridicule people who were bamboozled.

For anyone disengaging from Trump, way to go. The whole scheme was designed to deceive but you can stop being deceived now.

jmo

I support him. Not because I like everything he says or does. I support him because the goal of these numerous indictments is to prevent President Trump from running for president in 2024.

The justice system should not be used as a political weapon.

JMO.
Have you read the indictments? The details laid out there are pretty clear. He is charged with very serious crimes against our country, many of which we saw with our very own eyes. And he lost the election. Clearly.

The indictments in no way prevent him from running for president. Even if he were convicted of each count, he would not be prevented from running for president.

But what he is doing is using donations to fund his legal defense. Running for president seems to be yet another grift.

So businessmen who are elected President don't need to follow the Constitution because they aren't lawyers? Is that the argument?

jmo

@MacFarlaneNews

Speaking with my teammate @edokeefe on @cbsmornings Trump attorney references possibility of seeking a change-of-venue in new Jan 6 federal criminal case from Washington DC to ....... West Virginia Attorney says West Virginia is "in close proximity" & "much more diverse" than DC

Last edited:
Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy on Tuesday announced he’s suing the Department of Justice (DOJ) and filing a new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) records request for more details about the recent indictments of former President Trump.

“My aim in bringing this lawsuit is to finally deliver accountability and transparency: what did Biden and his cronies tell [Attorney General Merrick] Garland and what did Garland and the deep-staters who put him in as Attorney General tell [special counsel] Jack Smith,” Ramaswamy said in a statement shared by his campaign.

The DOJ controlled what the grand jury used to come to their decision. That's obviously where you need to look to see what I'm saying. JMO.
As the old saying goes, "you can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich" . It describes the ease with which prosecutors can secure indictments in grand jury cases.
An attorney friend of ours says it a little differently…”you can get a grand jury to indict a bologna sandwich”.

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy on Tuesday announced he’s suing the Department of Justice (DOJ) and filing a new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) records request for more details about the recent indictments of former President Trump.

“My aim in bringing this lawsuit is to finally deliver accountability and transparency: what did Biden and his cronies tell [Attorney General Merrick] Garland and what did Garland and the deep-staters who put him in as Attorney General tell [special counsel] Jack Smith,” Ramaswamy said in a statement shared by his campaign.

Count 1 covers the dates "From on or about November 14, 2020, through on or about January 20, 2021."

Count 2 covers the dates "From on or about November 14, 2020, through on or about January 7, 2021."

Count 3 covers the dates "From on or about November 14, 2020,through on or about January 7,2021."

Count 4 covers the dates "From on or about November14, 2020, through on or about January 20, 2021."

All the charges for this particular indictment fall under the time Trump was in office.

By all means, insist on transparency. We all want the truth, but this action by Ramaswamy sounds he is making this into something Biden did to Trump when it is about what Trump did to the nation.

jmo

As the old saying goes, "you can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich" . It describes the ease with which prosecutors can secure indictments in grand jury cases.
An attorney friend of ours says it a little differently…”you can get a grand jury to indict a bologna sandwich”.
I'm still working my way through the current indictment and it doesn't read like a lunch menu to me. Much more than a sandwich here.

Is everyone reading it? It's not that long and it's laid out very clearly.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member