DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. How do you know they lied? I think it is very possible they were misled.

Chidi wasn't invited to the meeting and had no right to show up there. I think his presence at the GJ proceeding will not be helpful in securing an indictment because he's widely publicizing it for his own personal gain.

JMO
Here's a link. There's cctv evidence of them going to great lengths to obfuscate what they were doing. Chidi is local journalist who said these meeting are usually open. He's the person referred to at the bottom of the attached article.

I also live with someone who believes in Trump. We do not bring up any subject even remotely related to Trump or Biden.

When my husband pisses me off I play Jordan Klepper YT videos and turn the volume up.
Same here - Spouse tries to talk politics and I find something else to do and somewhere else to be. Drives him nuts but I just can't tolerate it.

Here's a link. There's cctv evidence of them going to great lengths to obfuscate what they were doing. Chidi is local journalist who said these meeting are usually open. He's the person referred to at the bottom of the attached article.

TV news cameras were invited so that's a far cry from obfuscating anything. It also was during Covid when access to public buildings was restricted. Chidi is a former AJC reporter which is likely why he was asked to leave.

Of all the indictments, I think Georgia's will be the weakest.

JMO
From your link:
“None of these communications, nor his testimony, suggest that Mr. Shafer requested or wished for confidentiality surrounding the provisional electors,” attorney Robert Driscoll said. “Quite to the contrary, Chairman Shafer invited TV news cameras into the proceedings and both issued a statement and gave a televised news interview immediately afterward.”

The search was so secret that Twitter was barred from telling Trump the search warrant had been obtained for his account, and Twitter was fined $350,000 because it delayed producing the records sought under the search warrant.

The special counsel’s office, which is now working on the criminal case against Trump in DC District Court related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, sought the warrant in January 2023.

He posted on his Truth Social platform that the Justice Department “secretly attacked” his Twitter account, and he characterized the investigation as an attempt to “infringe” on his bid to reclaim the White House in 2024.

He posted on his Truth Social platform that the Justice Department “secretly attacked” his Twitter account, and he characterized the investigation as an attempt to “infringe” on his bid to reclaim the White House in 2024.

I suspect he's embarrassed that he's been caught using twitter after saying he wouldn't since starting his own social media platform. jmo

From 2022:

“'I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,' Trump told Fox News. 'I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth. The bottom line is, no, I am not going back to Twitter.'”

I suspect he's embarrassed that he's been caught using twitter after saying he wouldn't since starting his own social media platform. jmo

From 2022:

“'I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,' Trump told Fox News. 'I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth. The bottom line is, no, I am not going back to Twitter.'”

But Trump hasn't been posting on Twitter. . .
Per APNews.com today, Trump has yet to post to the site since being allowed back on.

August 9, 2023
[...]
The warrant arrived at Twitter amid rapid changes instituted by Musk, who purchased the platform last year. Since taking over he’s transformed the influential site, laying off much of its staff, including workers dedicated to ferreting out misinformation and hate speech.

He also eliminated Twitter’s policy on COVID-19 misinformation and welcomed back a long list of users who had been previously banned, including neo-Nazis, COVID deniers and Trump, who was kicked off after the attack on the Capitol for glorifying violence.

Trump has yet to post to the site since being allowed back on. As Trump once did, Musk has used the platform as a partisan megaphone.
[...]

From 2022:

He has not returned to Twitter as far as I can tell. His most recent posts are from Jan 8, 2021.

I’m sure Jack Smith is looking at Trump’s tweets and messages leading up to and including Jan. 6. It doesn’t matter that Trump isn’t using Twitter/X now.

It’s unclear what information Smith may have sought from Trump’s account. Possibilities include data about when and where the posts were written, their engagement and the identities of other accounts that reposted Trump’s content.
—————
Trump used his Twitter account in the weeks leading up to his supporters’ attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to spread false statements about the election that prosecutors allege were designed to sow mistrust in the democratic process. The indictment details how Trump over Twitter encouraged his followers to come to Washington on Jan. 6, pressured his Vice President Mike Pence to reject the certification and falsely suggested that the mob at the Capitol — which beat police officers and smashed windows — was peaceful.

I’m sure Jack Smith is looking at Trump’s tweets and messages leading up to and including Jan. 6. It doesn’t matter that Trump isn’t using Twitter/X now.

It’s unclear what information Smith may have sought from Trump’s account. Possibilities include data about when and where the posts were written, their engagement and the identities of other accounts that reposted Trump’s content.
—————
Trump used his Twitter account in the weeks leading up to his supporters’ attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to spread false statements about the election that prosecutors allege were designed to sow mistrust in the democratic process. The indictment details how Trump over Twitter encouraged his followers to come to Washington on Jan. 6, pressured his Vice President Mike Pence to reject the certification and falsely suggested that the mob at the Capitol — which beat police officers and smashed windows — was peaceful.
Yeah, I think info about when, from where, and to/from is what they are looking for. Since defendant's Twitter account was shut down, they might have needed a warrant even to see his tweets? Makes sense they are interested in communication before Jan 20, 2021 not any current DMs like I wondered.

Unless things have changed, today (Aug 10) is the deadline for the prosecution to file a suggested trial date. The defense has until Aug 17 to respond.

jmo

Pete Strzok
@petestrzok

Trump’s DMs seem the most logical object of the SW to Twitter. And while perhaps a little early for the timeline, remember Elon saying, “It should be the case that I can't look at anyone's DMs if somebody has put a gun to my head,” in November, 2022. https://theverge.com/2022/11/21/23472174/twitter-dms-encrypted-elon-musk-voice-video-calling

@AWeissmann_

Disagree. There is such a slim chance that Secret Service allowed that geolocation function to be kept on. (And Trump wd not want it.) And I doubt, without knowing that, geolocation wd have been the basis for a judge as good as Beryl Howell to find PC of evidence of a crime

@harrylitman

yes I agree, though you never know what Trump would try to get away w/. But in addition to the DM function that @AWeissmann_ mentioned on @TheLastWord , there also is valuable info in a) drafts & b) poss determin wh Trump was the only 1 who tweeted fr the account--> impt at trial

Pete Strzok
@petestrzok

Trump’s DMs seem the most logical object of the SW to Twitter. And while perhaps a little early for the timeline, remember Elon saying, “It should be the case that I can't look at anyone's DMs if somebody has put a gun to my head,” in November, 2022. https://theverge.com/2022/11/21/23472174/twitter-dms-encrypted-elon-musk-voice-video-calling

@AWeissmann_

Disagree. There is such a slim chance that Secret Service allowed that geolocation function to be kept on. (And Trump wd not want it.) And I doubt, without knowing that, geolocation wd have been the basis for a judge as good as Beryl Howell to find PC of evidence of a crime

@harrylitman

yes I agree, though you never know what Trump would try to get away w/. But in addition to the DM function that @AWeissmann_ mentioned on @TheLastWord , there also is valuable info in a) drafts & b) poss determin wh Trump was the only 1 who tweeted fr the account--> impt at trial
Will we finally get to know what "covfefe" means?!

;)

jmo

From 2022:

Trump is never embarrassed- not about anything-
one has to experience shame and/or awkwardness (that is part of the definition of embarrassment) to be embarrassed. he has no shame. none.

But Trump hasn't been posting on Twitter. . .
Per APNews.com today, Trump has yet to post to the site since being allowed back on.

August 9, 2023
[...]
The warrant arrived at Twitter amid rapid changes instituted by Musk, who purchased the platform last year. Since taking over he’s transformed the influential site, laying off much of its staff, including workers dedicated to ferreting out misinformation and hate speech.

He also eliminated Twitter’s policy on COVID-19 misinformation and welcomed back a long list of users who had been previously banned, including neo-Nazis, COVID deniers and Trump, who was kicked off after the attack on the Capitol for glorifying violence.

Trump has yet to post to the site since being allowed back on. As Trump once did, Musk has used the platform as a partisan megaphone.
[...]

He could have privately messaged individuals on Twitter because there is the ability to send messages by lists instead of individually. Just like you can privately message on FB. Maybe his site Truth didn't have that capability.

Epshteyn, who had worked with Arizona politicians to overturn Trump's 2020 election loss, was accused of sexually assaulting the women at the Bottled Blonde nightclub early in the morning of Oct. 10, 2021.

Epshteyn was charged with “assault touching,” “attempted sexual abuse,” “harassment-repeated acts” and “disorderly conduct-disruptive behavior or fighting.”

The first three charges were dismissed, but Epshteyn pleaded guilty in Scottsdale City Court to disorderly conduct and served probation. The conviction was set aside by the court in January 2023…

Unlike the prior incident, the plea deal did not prohibit him from returning to the venue. But representatives from Evening Entertainment Group, which runs Bottled Blonde, said Epshteyn would not be welcomed back.

"If this person approached our door and was recognized, they would not be allowed entrance going forward," the company said.

At one point in the video, Epshteyn signaled to someone off-camera and waved the person over to where he was sitting on the curb. Then he pointed in that direction and told the officer, “That’s my attorney. My attorney is over there.”

Epshteyn’s actions in Arizona, including communications with a lawyer who helped coordinate the “fake” electors from the state, are similar to actions described as “Co-Conspirator 6.”

Last edited:
Government’s Proposed Trial Date and Schedule:

To estimate a prompt trial date that serves the public’s interest and the interests of justice,
while also protecting the defendant’s rights and ability to prepare for trial, the Government outlines
below suggested interim dates subject to the Court’s schedule and availability

• September 25, 2023: Rule 12 and other dispositive motions
• October 16, 2023: Oppositions to Rule 12 and other dispositive motions
• October 25, 2023: Replies in Support of Rule 12 and other dispositive motions
• TBD: Motions Hearing
• November 13, 2023: Motions in Limine
• November 27, 2023: Oppositions to Motions in Limine
• December 4, 2023: Replies in Support of Motions in Limine
• December 8, 2023: Final Pretrial Conference
• December 11, 2023: Jury Selection
• January 2, 2024: Trial

Last edited: