DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It needs to be televised. I think the public has a right to see the trial.
Sadly the moon walk was also televised back in 1969 and there are still people today who believe it was a hoax & filmed in a studio. :rolleyes:

Lots of studies out there about why people believe conspiracy theories. I have been reading some of them because it’s all types of people.. no particular demographic.

DT seems to appeal to the people who think that he will keep them safe. Hence all his fearmongering about nuclear war and how he is “doing (whatever) for YOU”.

”The researchers found that overall, people were motivated to believe in conspiracy theories by a need to understand and feel safe in their environment and a need to feel like the community they identify with is superior to others.”

a need to feel like the community they identify with is superior to others.

Snipped for focus.

This explains the white supremacists who support him.

What I don't get is, I have a good friend from the Philippines who tells me her fellow church members, also largely Filipino, support DJT wholeheartedly no matter what he does.

That's even more baffling.

Don't they realize that a lot of them are here due to so-called "chain migration" that DJT came out against early on?

And that his supporters would apparently love to see a "whites only" country in which they don't have a place?

I am so baffled by this.

Could Friday be out as a date for the J6 hearing because he's being indicted in Georgia? IDK, just trying to figure out why Friday is out, with no explanation in this doc.

jmo

Actually I have 8/11 for the Georgia case. So DT will probably be there since he waived his appearance for this case.

Working on a timeline of ALL his cases.... need to let my sister watch an exercise video first on my laptop & then I will get on it!
I Do Crunches Smiley

from court site:

Doc Number Date Filed Description
15 Aug 7, 2023 REPLY in Support by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP re 10 MOTION for Protective Order (Gaston, Molly) (Entered: 08/07/2023)
Reply in Support

Aug 7, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: Upon consideration of the government's 10 Motion for Protective Order and Defendant's 14 Response, as well as the government's 15 Reply, the court will schedule a hearing on the parties' respective proposals. The court will waive the requirement of Defendant's appearance. Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that no later than 3:00 PM on August 8, 2023, the parties shall meet and confer and file a joint notice of two dates and times on or before August 11, 2023 when both parties are available for a hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 08/07/2023. (lcss)

16 Aug 8, 2023 TRANSCRIPT OF RETURN ON SUMMONS/INITIAL APPEARANCE/ARRAIGNMENT in case as to DONALD J. TRUMP before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya held on August 3, 2023. Page Numbers: 1 - 24. Date of Issuance: August 8, 2023. Court Reporter: Jeff Hook. Contact Information: 202-354-3373 | jeff_hook@dcd.uscourts.gov. Transcripts may be ordered by submitting the Transcript Order FormFor the first 90 days after this filing date, the transcript may be viewed at the courthouse at a public terminal or purchased from the court reporter referenced above. After 90 days, the transcript may be accessed via PACER. Other transcript formats, (multi-page, condensed, CD or ASCII) may be purchased from the court reporter.NOTICE RE REDACTION OF TRANSCRIPTS: The parties have twenty-one days to file with the court and the court reporter any request to redact personal identifiers from this transcript. If no such requests are filed, the transcript will be made available to the public via PACER without redaction after 90 days. The policy, which includes the five personal identifiers specifically covered, is located on our website at www.dcd.uscourts.gov. Redaction Request due 8/29/2023. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 9/8/2023. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 11/6/2023.(Hook, Jeff) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Transcript

17 Aug 8, 2023 NOTICE by the Parties in Response to Court's August 7, 2023 Minute Order by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP re Order,, (Gaston, Molly) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Notice (Other)

18 Aug 8, 2023 MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by DONALD J. TRUMP. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order Granting Motion)(Lauro, John) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Exclude
Text of Proposed Order Granting Motion

Aug 8, 2023 .Order

Aug 8, 2023 Set/Reset Deadlines

Aug 8, 2023 Set/Reset Deadline as to DONALD J. TRUMP: by 3:00 PM on 8/8/2023, the parties shall meet and confer and file a joint notice of two dates and times on or before 8/11/2023 when both parties are available for a hearing. (jth)

Aug 8, 2023 Order

Aug 8, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: The court hereby schedules a hearing on the parties' respective protective order proposals in this matter on August 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 9. The requirement of Defendant's appearance is waived for this hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 08/08/2023. (lcc)

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com

from court site:

Doc Number Date Filed Description
15 Aug 7, 2023 REPLY in Support by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP re 10 MOTION for Protective Order (Gaston, Molly) (Entered: 08/07/2023)
Reply in Support

Aug 7, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: Upon consideration of the government's 10 Motion for Protective Order and Defendant's 14 Response, as well as the government's 15 Reply, the court will schedule a hearing on the parties' respective proposals. The court will waive the requirement of Defendant's appearance. Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that no later than 3:00 PM on August 8, 2023, the parties shall meet and confer and file a joint notice of two dates and times on or before August 11, 2023 when both parties are available for a hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 08/07/2023. (lcss)

16 Aug 8, 2023 TRANSCRIPT OF RETURN ON SUMMONS/INITIAL APPEARANCE/ARRAIGNMENT in case as to DONALD J. TRUMP before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya held on August 3, 2023. Page Numbers: 1 - 24. Date of Issuance: August 8, 2023. Court Reporter: Jeff Hook. Contact Information: 202-354-3373 | jeff_hook@dcd.uscourts.gov. Transcripts may be ordered by submitting the Transcript Order FormFor the first 90 days after this filing date, the transcript may be viewed at the courthouse at a public terminal or purchased from the court reporter referenced above. After 90 days, the transcript may be accessed via PACER. Other transcript formats, (multi-page, condensed, CD or ASCII) may be purchased from the court reporter.NOTICE RE REDACTION OF TRANSCRIPTS: The parties have twenty-one days to file with the court and the court reporter any request to redact personal identifiers from this transcript. If no such requests are filed, the transcript will be made available to the public via PACER without redaction after 90 days. The policy, which includes the five personal identifiers specifically covered, is located on our website at www.dcd.uscourts.gov. Redaction Request due 8/29/2023. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 9/8/2023. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 11/6/2023.(Hook, Jeff) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Transcript

17 Aug 8, 2023 NOTICE by the Parties in Response to Court's August 7, 2023 Minute Order by USA as to DONALD J. TRUMP re Order,, (Gaston, Molly) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Notice (Other)

18 Aug 8, 2023 MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by DONALD J. TRUMP. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order Granting Motion)(Lauro, John) (Entered: 08/08/2023)
Exclude
Text of Proposed Order Granting Motion

Aug 8, 2023 .Order

Aug 8, 2023 Set/Reset Deadlines

Aug 8, 2023 Set/Reset Deadline as to DONALD J. TRUMP: by 3:00 PM on 8/8/2023, the parties shall meet and confer and file a joint notice of two dates and times on or before 8/11/2023 when both parties are available for a hearing. (jth)

Aug 8, 2023 Order

Aug 8, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: The court hereby schedules a hearing on the parties' respective protective order proposals in this matter on August 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 9. The requirement of Defendant's appearance is waived for this hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 08/08/2023. (lcc)

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com
Super! Thanks so much!

It looks like the item I had on my calendar for Aug 10 in GA was dismissed by the GA Supreme Court. DT was trying to get Fanni Willis disqualified but the court said, "Bless your heart, that's not going to happen."

jmo

A memo written Dec 6, 2020 shows "lawyer, Kenneth Chesebro, acknowledged from the start that he was proposing 'a bold, controversial strategy' that the Supreme Court 'likely' would reject in the end.

But even if the plan did not ultimately pass legal muster at the highest level, Mr. Chesebro argued that it would achieve two goals. It would focus attention on claims of voter fraud and 'buy the Trump campaign more time to win litigation that would deprive Biden of electoral votes and/or add to Trump’s column.'”

In other words, they knew it was illegal from the start and did it anyway....because their goal wasn't legality. There was no voter fraud. The scam was aimed to dupe. imo.

NYTimes allows subscribers to share links to articles. The link will be good for 2 weeks. Previously Secret Memo Laid Out Strategy for Trump to Overturn Biden’s Win

A memo written Dec 6, 2020 shows "lawyer, Kenneth Chesebro, acknowledged from the start that he was proposing 'a bold, controversial strategy' that the Supreme Court 'likely' would reject in the end.

But even if the plan did not ultimately pass legal muster at the highest level, Mr. Chesebro argued that it would achieve two goals. It would focus attention on claims of voter fraud and 'buy the Trump campaign more time to win litigation that would deprive Biden of electoral votes and/or add to Trump’s column.'”

In other words, they knew it was illegal from the start and did it anyway....because their goal wasn't legality. There was no voter fraud. The scam was aimed to dupe. imo.

NYTimes allows subscribers to share links to articles. The link will be good for 2 weeks. Previously Secret Memo Laid Out Strategy for Trump to Overturn Biden’s Win
The memo (linked in paragraph 1 of the article): https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/chesebro-dec-6-memo/ce55d6abd79c2c71/full.pdf

The memo outlines ways to message fake electors as "routine."

My bleeding heart feels a teeny tiny bit sorry for the electors who were misled, duped, and lied to, though I wonder if they still think they did the right thing in undermining a legal election and trying to discount valid votes cast legally by fellow Americans in their own states.

jmo

The memo had been a missing piece in the public record of how Mr. Trump’s allies developed their strategy to overturn Mr. Biden’s victory. In mid-December, the false Trump electors could go through the motions of voting as if they had the authority to do so. Then, on Jan. 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence could unilaterally count those slates of votes, rather than the official and certified ones for Joseph R. Biden Jr.

@maggieNYT

Here is a gift link to our story tonight:

The Dec. 6, 2020 memo was unearthed during Trump’s third indictment last week, and shed a light on how the former president’s allies developed their plot to overturn Joe Biden’s win.

The document, which prosecutors described as a “fraudulent elector memo,” revealed that Chesebro proposed the appointment of fake electors, and detailed a “messaging” strategy to portray them as evidence if legislatures later concluded Trump as the victor in those states.

“I believe that what can be achieved on Jan. 6 is not simply to keep Biden below 270 electoral votes,” Mr. Chesebro stated in the memo. “It seems feasible that the vote count can be conducted so that at no point will Trump be behind in the electoral vote count unless and until Biden can obtain a favorable decision from the Supreme Court upholding the Electoral Count Act as constitutional, or otherwise recognizing the power of Congress (and not the president of the Senate) to count the votes.”

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot previously cited two memos from Chesebro in a December report, but apparently did not uncover the Dec. 6 memo. Prosecutors are using the newly disclosed document as a key link into how the Trump team’s efforts to keep the former president in power evolved into a criminal conspiracy.

To be fair I do wish the trial were moved to a court that is not in DC. Reading those stats just assures more claims of unfairness with the results. If the goal is to get Trump it needs to be by a court that is unbiased and a jury of his peers - these are not his peers if there's only 5.40% that voted for him in DC. I am not saying move it to WV, is there a state that doesn't lean one way or the other? I want this to be a fair trial and the truth to come out and no political agenda. We all should want that.

There are states that don't lean one way or another but that's not where Trump wants to move the trial to. He wants a state that voted for him by a large margin. Don't trials usually take place where the crime happened? The documents case is going to be in Florida. He took the files from DC but if he'd given them back there would be no trial. But it was Florida where he schemed to keep files, relocate them and lie to the Feds he'd returned them all. He was sitting in DC when he called Georgia officials to pressure them into finding votes for him. Even after four years as the president Trump still has no concept of rule of law, upholding the constitution and working for Americans rather than himself. He's the classic example of the first question asked when a crime occurs: Cui bono? Who benefits?

Watched Morning Joe this morning and some interviews with Trump supporters - two people said this following the question, what if Trump goes to prison?
the woman said there would be civil war and that Joe Biden should be in prison.
The man said he would get involved in violence- he basically said he would do anything for Trump, which I interpreted that he would give his life for Trump.
This is no joke and these people are serious----You just have to shake your head in wonderment- how did we get here???

Watched Morning Joe this morning and some interviews with Trump supporters - two people said this following the question, what if Trump goes to prison?
The man said he would get involved in violence- he basically said he would do anything for Trump, which I interpreted that he would give his life for Trump.
This is no joke and these people are serious----You just have to shake your head in wonderment- how did we get here???
There’s literally not one single politician on the planet I’d give my life for, lol.

Well, it’s Morning Joe. I’m sure they chose the most controversial people to interview and then try to convince the public that this is a mainstream way of thinking. Stoking the fires, perhaps. moo

Well, it’s Morning Joe. I’m sure they chose the most controversial people to interview and then try to convince the public that this is a mainstream way of thinking. Stoking the fires, perhaps. moo

I don't believe it is mainstream- Trump's maga followers are not mainstream nor are they in the majority. The people that were interviewed were at a Trump rally. This was not stoking the fires, this was trying to get a feel for what Trump supporters are thinking. Those two people don't represent all of his suporters but at least a percentage of them I believe do think that way.

I don't know. That whole display on January 6th was so disturbing for me. Like we were some third world country, where elections had no meaning. Anyone could over throw the government by force. It was scary.

What if Trump had rallied the military? As Commander in Chief, couldn't he have forced a coup? Do we have checks and balances on this?

I don't know. That whole display on January 6th was so disturbing for me. Like we were some third world country, where elections had no meaning. Anyone could over throw the government by force. It was scary.

What if Trump had rallied the military? As Commander in Chief, couldn't he have forced a coup? Do we have checks and balances on this?
If Trump should win a second presidency look out- he will put all his loyalists in key positions and unlike the first attempted coup, when there were still people who pushed back against him, there will be no one left to push back and the scenario you reference could happen IMO. He will also pardon the insurrectionists so they will be back on the streets. I never thought I would see America so vulnerable as it is right now!

Security has been increased for Judge Tanya Chutkan, who has been assigned to preside over the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C, according to CNN.

This is so shameful. That the US has to assign security for a judge because of a former president. As much as I knew from the get-go that Trump would be divisive, hectoring, and self serving, never in a million years would I have thought threatening John Gotti- like behavior would emanate from a man still trying to get back in the WH and millions are on board with it. Truly scary, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar