DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband would still vote for Trump. All of these charges and convictions have him convinced that there is a conspiracy against Trump.

So, there is still momentum out there, supporting Trump, no matter what.

My sister is the same way, she stopped short of saying even if she witnessed a murder right in front of her a person is still presumed innocent....... She's on the T24 bandwagon.

Imo, I see two different types of Trump supporters/voters. Those who seem to be angry about everything and enjoy him doing what they know they can't. Those who aren't necessarily Trump supporters but who vote Republican regardless of who is on the ticket.

Could Friday be out as a date for the J6 hearing because he's being indicted in Georgia? IDK, just trying to figure out why Friday is out, with no explanation in this doc.

jmo
And did they lose Wednesday somewhere too? No mention of Wednesday and I'm hoping the judge schedules the hearing for then.
jmo

Good questions. Trump would turn himself into the circus, he's already all three rings and then some.

I think it's an important event to watch, regardless of who chooses to watch. I have no doubt people all over the world would be watching.

I don't care how inflated his ego would get over the ratings, the importance of a fair and transparent trial exceeds his over inflated ego.
"Sir, the ratings for your criminal trial(s) are higher than they were for your inauguration. The world has never seen anything like it."

jmo

Thanks for posting this. It states, bbm

"The Government is available at any time on August 9, 10, or 11. The defense represents the following: President Trump will not appear. However, he would like to have both his counsel John Lauro and Todd Blanche at the hearing. Todd Blanche is not available on Thursday, since he must appear for a court proceeding in the prosecution brought against the same defendant, President Trump, by the Special Counsel in SD Florida. Mr. Lauro is available on Thursday, with a preference for an afternoon setting. However, since we lost Friday as an option, we would respectfully request a setting on Monday (after 12:00 p.m.) or Tuesday (all day) to allow for both Mr. Blanche and Mr. Lauro to be present."

Why is the defense saying they lost Friday as an option? You can fly from Florida to D.C. in a few hours. Or, is zoom an option?

Am I missing something about Friday?

Same link as quoted post.
The judge found the lost Friday! She scheduled the hearing about the protective order for Friday, 10am.

Last edited:
What does everyone think about the idea of the trial being public? I am on the fence.

On the one hand, it's probably the most important trial in American history. (I resent he is making history, fwiw. Would prefer he is forgotten and fast.) On the other hand, he's a regular citizen and should be treated as any other person facing Federal trial. Federal trials are not televised for regular people.

Then again, it's important that Americans see what this man did to our country and that justice is being done. On the other hand, would the audience who needs to be convinced bother watching? I don't think his fan base watched the J6 hearings that were televised and easily accessible to watch online. And, they don't seem to read the actual documents that are easily accessible to read online and prefer to believe and repeat spin.

What's the best approach?

(And, now, I have the song "The Revolution will not be Televised" on my mind. Anyone else remember that one?)

jmo

Forgot to add another concern - would televising it turn it into a show? Trump loves to put on a show and I can see him making this into a joke, a circus. That would be a disgrace, imo.
Boy, this is a tough one.

I think it needs to be televised, but that also scares me because his supporters are scary. They've demonstrated, we watched live on TV, they are okay with violence. They wanted to hang the vice president. Totally a-okay with that. They claim to back the blue and beat cops. People died.

Against everything The Constitution they claim to love says, but okay.

Thousands, literally thousands, have been or are being prosecuted for their actions. I think there are lots of things in the chute that this trial will open up and we'll see lots of other defendants, past the unnamed co-conspirators we all know in this case, such as the lawmakers who were involved in these plans and furthered this agenda of fraud and actively participated in perpetuating it.

But I also fear that it is an exercise in futility. All the proof has already been presented, an easy Google search reveals it, we watched this play out in real time, we saw the Tweets and the rhetoric and 60+ court cases, with no fraud found, the fraudulent electors cases, the illegal harassment of election workers.

Yet still, they believe. In a man who wouldn't *IZz on them if they were on fire. And they think it's fine to go to a government building and "take over" with guns on display. (See: Michigan, statehouse, gov kidnapping plot etc for example.)

If it's televised live, at least there will be no claims of editing.

But the threat to anyone participating will be serious.

All MOO

My sister is the same way, she stopped short of saying even if she witnessed a murder right in front of her a person is still presumed innocent....... She's on the T24 bandwagon.

Imo, I see two different types of Trump supporters/voters. Those who seem to be angry about everything and enjoy him doing what they know they can't. Those who aren't necessarily Trump supporters but who vote Republican regardless of who is on the ticket.

I actually got into it with my staunch republican spouse about Trump, a man who has admittedly had extra marital affairs, had sex with prostitutes, and has been convicted of sexual abuse...seriously? How could this guy get elected as a dog catcher?

For some unknown reason to me, Trump's sexual forays, appear to actually increase his stature with men and women. It is absolutely mind boggling to me.

I actually got into it with my staunch republican spouse about Trump, a man who has admittedly had extra marital affairs, had sex with prostitutes, and has been convicted of sexual abuse...seriously? How could this guy get elected as a dog catcher?

For some unknown reason to me, Trump's sexual forays, appear to actually increase his stature with men and women. It is absolutely mind boggling to me.
I am curious, what exactly does he like or admire about Trump? My husband believes Trump is the greatest president that ever lived ( I wish I was kidding)-- My husband also hates ( I mean really hates ) democrats, especially Joe Biden: thinks he and Hunter are crooked ( I know it is ridiculous about Joe Biden)-- He believes Joe Biden has ruined our economy ( I tried to explain how the pandemic has affected economies adversely in many countries but he doesn't believe it)- he holds Biden responsible for rising gas prices--- I could go on, but you get the picture. Oh he believes that if Trump were president Putin would not have invaded Ukraine and he is sure the election was stolen. SMH

Last edited:

Trump ranted about his mounting legal issues while speaking to a large crowd in Windham, New Hampshire.

During the speech, Trump attacked special counsel Jack Smith and called the criminal investigation into interference in the 2020 election a “ridiculous case” that is targeting his First Amendment rights.

“I will talk about it,” Trump said to his supporters, referring to the 2020 election. “They’re not taking away my First Amendment rights.”

“There was never a second of any day that I didn’t believe that it was a rigged election,” Trump said. “It was a rigged election, and it was a stolen disgusting election. And this country should be ashamed. And they go after the people that want to prove that it was rigged and stolen.”

“They rigged the election in 2020 and we’re not going to allow them to rig the election in 2024,” Trump said.

Trump continued to paint the charges against him as election interference, claiming that President Joe Biden “ordered” his arrest, and he suggested he wouldn’t be able to campaign because of the charges.

“That's what they're doing. 'I'm sorry, I won't be able to go to Iowa today. I won't be able to go to New Hampshire today,'" he said. “Because I'm sitting in a courtroom on bull—-.”

The crowd cheered and broke into chants of “bull——!”

Trump smiled and shook his head while he watched the crowd chant.

“Thank you very much,” he said.

There is no evidence of widespread election fraud that would have affected the outcome of the 2020 election.

Last edited:

Trump ranted about his mounting legal issues while speaking to a large crowd in Windham, New Hampshire.

During the speech, Trump attacked special counsel Jack Smith and called the criminal investigation into interference in the 2020 election a “ridiculous case” that is targeting his First Amendment rights.

“I will talk about it,” Trump said to his supporters, referring to the 2020 election. “They’re not taking away my First Amendment rights.”

“There was never a second of any day that I didn’t believe that it was a rigged election,” Trump said. “It was a rigged election, and it was a stolen disgusting election. And this country should be ashamed. And they go after the people that want to prove that it was rigged and stolen.”

“They rigged the election in 2020 and we’re not going to allow them to rig the election in 2024,” Trump said.

Trump continued to paint the charges against him as election interference, claiming that President Joe Biden “ordered” his arrest, and he suggested he wouldn’t be able to campaign because of the charges.

“I won’t be able to go to Iowa today. I won’t be able to go to New Hampshire today because I’m sitting in a courtroom on b—s*t,” Trump said to a cheering crowd, later saying he was “being indicted for [his supporters].”

There is no evidence of widespread election fraud that would have affected the outcome of the 2020 election.

I am really wondering what the judge is going to do about this out of control behavior especially his attacks on special counsel.

“That's what they're doing. 'I'm sorry, I won't be able to go to Iowa today. I won't be able to go to New Hampshire today,'" he said. “Because I'm sitting in a courtroom on bull—-.”

The crowd cheered and broke into chants of “bull——!”

Trump smiled and shook his head while he watched the crowd chant.

“Thank you very much,” he said.

The crowd cheering is the worst part.

jmo

The crowd cheering is the worst part.

jmo

The irony: he has been indicted for alleging voter fraud knowing it was not true, and he is continuing with this lie and bringing in 2024- what do you do with someone like this? he cannot be restrained- he is unable to control himself and he scares me because I believe there are people out there who are getting a message from him-- for violence.

I am curious, what exactly does he like or admire about Trump? My husband believes Trump is the greatest president that ever lived ( I wish I was kidding)-- My husband also hates ( I mean really hates ) democrats, especially Joe Biden: thinks he and Hunter are crooked ( I know it is ridiculous about Joe Biden)-- He believes Joe Biden has ruined our economy ( I tried to explain how the pandemic has affected economies adversely in many countries but he doesn't believe it)- he holds Biden responsible for rising gas prices--- I could go on, but you get the picture. Oh he believes that if Trump were president Putin would not have invaded Ukraine and he is sure the election was stolen. SMH

Amazing. We are married to the same man. My husband is over 70, veteran, owned his own business for over 20 years. We could set them down at the VFW, and they would be buddies in a heartbeat.

I frequently have to tell mine that he needs to behave, like he is a dog. He can't talk about anything inappropriate when we have family or friends over. He knows exactly what I mean.

Amazing. We are married to the same man. My husband is over 70, veteran, owned his own business for over 20 years. We could set them down at the VFW, and they would be buddies in a heartbeat.

I frequently have to tell mine that he needs to behave, like he is a dog. He can't talk about anything inappropriate when we have family or friends over. He knows exactly what I mean.

Yep- they'd be buds!!! my husband is a really nice friendly guy- he is a veteran, retired engineer--- I have to tell you I was shocked when I discovered he loved Trump- his kids do too-

In my opinion, the trial shoukd absolutely be televised. It is the most important trial of our time, people need to see the Justice system work, and need to know that in America, nobody is above the law.

As for the cult members? Nothing will change their mind. The cult members I know flat-out refused to watch any of the January 6 Congressional hearings “because it’s a TV production put on by the Democrats” and “just a dog and pony show.” They weren’t even curious. It was like “see no evil” and scary to them that they might be exposed to some fact that may break their toxic little spell.

Televising the trial would be for the rest of us, and for the rest of the world, to show that America still believes in justice. IMHO

I'm also on the fence about the trial being televised. We well know that his supporters refuse to believe what they see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears. Also, really don't want them to pre-empt General Hospital! :D That said, I did watch the Iran-Contra hearings while on my honeymoon so..........

Boy, this is a tough one.

I think it needs to be televised, but that also scares me because his supporters are scary. They've demonstrated, we watched live on TV, they are okay with violence. They wanted to hang the vice president. Totally a-okay with that. They claim to back the blue and beat cops. People died.

Against everything The Constitution they claim to love says, but okay.

Thousands, literally thousands, have been or are being prosecuted for their actions. I think there are lots of things in the chute that this trial will open up and we'll see lots of other defendants, past the unnamed co-conspirators we all know in this case, such as the lawmakers who were involved in these plans and furthered this agenda of fraud and actively participated in perpetuating it.

But I also fear that it is an exercise in futility. All the proof has already been presented, an easy Google search reveals it, we watched this play out in real time, we saw the Tweets and the rhetoric and 60+ court cases, with no fraud found, the fraudulent electors cases, the illegal harassment of election workers.

Yet still, they believe. In a man who wouldn't *IZz on them if they were on fire. And they think it's fine to go to a government building and "take over" with guns on display. (See: Michigan, statehouse, gov kidnapping plot etc for example.)

If it's televised live, at least there will be no claims of editing.

But the threat to anyone participating will be serious.

All MOO
I agree. It needs to be televised. I think the public has a right to see the trial.
Sadly the moon walk was also televised back in 1969 and there are still people today who believe it was a hoax & filmed in a studio. :rolleyes:

I agree. It needs to be televised. I think the public has a right to see the trial.
Sadly the moon walk was also televised back in 1969 and there are still people today who believe it was a hoax & filmed in a studio. :rolleyes:
Yep! My brother is one of them. I had to finally mute him on Facebook because I’m so tired of his ‘the moon landing was a hoax’ crap. Surprise, he’s a big Trump supporter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper