DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Security has been increased for Judge Tanya Chutkan, who has been assigned to preside over the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C, according to CNN.

House Resolution 644 is sponsored by Representative Brendan Boyle from Pennsylvania. The resolution is supported by six other lawmakers, including former impeachment manager Adam Schiff who took part in Trump's impeachment hearings.

The resolution calls on the Judicial Conference to "authorize that the trial of former President Donald J. Trump for his alleged crimes related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election and his role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection be broadcast to the American public."

No hearing today. Instead, Trump's legal team and the prosecutor have a deadline of 3pm today (Tuesday) to confer with each other about dates to set a hearing. They are assigned to come up with two dates that are before the end of this week.

The actual hearing will be one of those two dates, before the end of the week. The topic of the hearing is to go over the defense team's version of the protective order and the prosecution's version of the protective order. I'm assuming this will be done with the judge and the judge will make the final decision about the protective order.

The protective order is about restricting the defendant from sharing discovery items with the public. Discovery items are documents that the prosecution has gathered during investigation that it must share with the defendant.

If I got any of that wrong, please correct!

jmo

Edited to add: The Aug 28 hearing is to set the date of the actual trial.

I miss read and read as: The topic of the hearing is over the defense teams head.

Lol, had to share. Caffeine has not kicked in yet.

Even if he loses his law license due to his involvement in Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, former Trump attorney John Eastman will continue working on Colorado Republican Party’s case to stop unaffiliated voters from participating in primary elections, according to a lead attorney on the case.

Eastman on Friday admitted to the “likelihood that formal charges will be brought” against him in the Trump case, the one in which he is currently listed as a co-conspirator.

Eastman made the admission in a motion to the California State Bar Court on Friday, asking the court, in light of the Trump indictment related to either 1) delay his case for three months to allow for an “updated assessment of the scope of the ongoing investigation” or 2) put his case on hold pending the “resolution” of Trump’s indictment.

Sorry if this has been posted already about John Eastman, said to be co-conspirator 2.

"Attorney John Eastman, an architect of Donald Trump’s last-ditch efforts to subvert the 2020 election, is asking a California judge to postpone disbarment proceedings lodged against him, saying he’s increasingly concerned he’s about to be criminally charged by special counsel Jack Smith."

His argument is that because he might be charged in the scheme to overthrow the 2020 election, he might have to invoke 5th Amendment rights in any disbarment proceeding.

Imagine working hard to become a lawyer and then build a career only to betray your nation and be in this pickle personally and professionally. Why? jmo

Why? He thought he could get away with it. Trump got away with so much, his supporters were willing to gamble and lost.

The resolution calls on the Judicial Conference to "authorize that the trial of former President Donald J. Trump for his alleged crimes related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election and his role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection be broadcast to the American public."
I'd like the rest of the world to be able to see this historic moment as well.

A federal grand jury reconvened on Tuesday for the first time since handing up an indictment last week against former President Donald Trump related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

One of the co-conspirators identified by CNN is ex-Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani. On Monday, Bernie Kerik, a longtime Giuliani associate who coordinated with him after the 2020 election, met with investigators at the special counsel’s office. Kerik spoke with investigators about Giuliani’s efforts to try to uncover election fraud in 2020, according to his attorney Tim Parlatore.

Some help here:​

August 10 - January 6 pretrial​

The Department of Justice has been told to file a brief suggesting a trial date for the January 6 case in which Trump has pleaded not guilty to four charges by Thursday, as well as an estimate to how long the trial may last.

August 17 - January 6 pretrial​

In response to the DoJ's trial brief, Trump's legal team will need to address the prosecution's details by the following week.

August 28 - January 6 pretrial​

The judge overseeing the January 6 trial, Tanya Chutkan, will then hold a hearing by the end of August to discuss matters such as a date for proceedings to begin.

October 2 - The Trump Organization fraud trial​

New York Attorney Letitia James is suing the former president and The Trump Organization for $250 million over allegations the real estate company inflated or undervalued the value of a number of assets for financial benefits.

January 15, 2024 - E. Jean Carroll defamation trial​

January 15 - Iowa Caucus​

The same day that Carroll's second defamation trial against Trump will begin, Republicans in Iowa will choose who they want to be the GOP's 2024 nominee in the first-in-the-nation caucus.

March 5 - Super Tuesday​

Trump will be hoping to prove his domination in the GOP primary by Super Tuesday, when 15 states go to the primary polls on the election's biggest day of voting.

March 25 - Stormy Daniels hush money trial​

Shortly after Super Tuesday, Trump will be required to attend his falsifying business records trial in New York.

May 20 - Classified documents trial​

Donald Trump is accused of 40 charges in relation to allegations he illegally retained top secret materials after he left the White House in January 2021, then willfully obstructed the federal attempt to retrieve them.

July 15 - Republican National Convention​

House Resolution 644 is sponsored by Representative Brendan Boyle from Pennsylvania. The resolution is supported by six other lawmakers, including former impeachment manager Adam Schiff who took part in Trump's impeachment hearings.

What does everyone think about the idea of the trial being public? I am on the fence.

On the one hand, it's probably the most important trial in American history. (I resent he is making history, fwiw. Would prefer he is forgotten and fast.) On the other hand, he's a regular citizen and should be treated as any other person facing Federal trial. Federal trials are not televised for regular people.

Then again, it's important that Americans see what this man did to our country and that justice is being done. On the other hand, would the audience who needs to be convinced bother watching? I don't think his fan base watched the J6 hearings that were televised and easily accessible to watch online. And, they don't seem to read the actual documents that are easily accessible to read online and prefer to believe and repeat spin.

What's the best approach?

(And, now, I have the song "The Revolution will not be Televised" on my mind. Anyone else remember that one?)

jmo

Forgot to add another concern - would televising it turn it into a show? Trump loves to put on a show and I can see him making this into a joke, a circus. That would be a disgrace, imo.

Why? He thought he could get away with it. Trump got away with so much, his supporters were willing to gamble and lost.
Sure, I'm assuming he thought he could get away with it, but why did they want to? Why did they want Trump to stay in office after losing? And then what? What happens in four years - would Trump peacefully step aside after a second term or dismantle our election process all together because he declares it rigged and only he can fix it?

I know motivation is not required for a conviction, but I really want to know the motivation to keep Trump in office when they all knew he lost.

jmo

Security has been increased for Judge Tanya Chutkan, who has been assigned to preside over the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C, according to CNN.

My only birthday wish is prison for all involved!!! Hurry up. Prayers for the safety of the judge and courts
I hope your birthday wish is granted - Happy Birthday and I am with you in wishing prison for all involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar