DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she rules soon! In the mean time it's going to be yap, yap, yap from Trump and his cronies.
Judge ordered a hearing on the protective order to happen by the end of this week.

"...it is hereby ORDERED that no later than 3:00 PM on August 8, 2023, the parties shall meet and confer and file a joint notice of two dates and times on or before August 11, 2023 when both parties are available for a hearing."

This is how the week is looking so far, not counting today, afaik:

Tues: J6 case - parties to meet by 3pm to come up with dates for hearing regarding protective order

Thur: Document case in FL - arraignment for 3 additional charges. Trump has waived appearance.

Thurs: GA - hearing regarding Trump's motion to remove Fani Willis

Fri: J6 protective order hearing deadline

jmo

edited to fix link

I hope she rules soon! In the mean time it's going to be yap, yap, yap from Trump and his cronies.
How is it still allowed?! His words are calculated to be incendiary - time and time again. His complaints about his first amendment rights are infuriating especially since he has never once been made to shut up and has never had to face any consequences for any of the harm he has caused. Maddening.

So... is there an ACTUAL "hearing" today for this case? Or are the attorneys just "meeting" with the Judge?
Just want to keep my notes updated correctly!

TIA! :)

I have his next hearing for this case on 8/28/23.

So... is there an ACTUAL "hearing" today for this case? Or are the attorneys just "meeting" with the Judge?
Just want to keep my notes updated correctly!

TIA! :)

I have his next hearing for this case on 8/28/23.
No hearing today. Instead, Trump's legal team and the prosecutor have a deadline of 3pm today (Tuesday) to confer with each other about dates to set a hearing. They are assigned to come up with two dates that are before the end of this week.

The actual hearing will be one of those two dates, before the end of the week. The topic of the hearing is to go over the defense team's version of the protective order and the prosecution's version of the protective order. I'm assuming this will be done with the judge and the judge will make the final decision about the protective order.

The protective order is about restricting the defendant from sharing discovery items with the public. Discovery items are documents that the prosecution has gathered during investigation that it must share with the defendant.

If I got any of that wrong, please correct!

jmo

Edited to add: The Aug 28 hearing is to set the date of the actual trial.

No hearing today. Instead, Trump's legal team and the prosecutor have a deadline of 3pm today (Tuesday) to confer with each other about dates to set a hearing. They are assigned to come up with two dates that are before the end of this week.

The actual hearing will be one of those two dates, before the end of the week. The topic of the hearing is to go over the defense team's version of the protective order and the prosecution's version of the protective order. I'm assuming this will be done with the judge and the judge will make the final decision about the protective order.

The protective order is about restricting the defendant from sharing discovery items with the public. Discovery items are documents that the prosecution has gathered during investigation that it must share with the defendant.

If I got any of that wrong, please correct!

jmo

Edited to add: The Aug 28 hearing is to set the date of the actual trial.

Okay - thank you for that explanation! I thought that was what it was about.

How is it still allowed?! His words are calculated to be incendiary - time and time again. His complaints about his first amendment rights are infuriating especially since he has never once been made to shut up and has never had to face any consequences for any of the harm he has caused. Maddening.
It is maddening

Sorry if this has been posted already about John Eastman, said to be co-conspirator 2.

"Attorney John Eastman, an architect of Donald Trump’s last-ditch efforts to subvert the 2020 election, is asking a California judge to postpone disbarment proceedings lodged against him, saying he’s increasingly concerned he’s about to be criminally charged by special counsel Jack Smith."

His argument is that because he might be charged in the scheme to overthrow the 2020 election, he might have to invoke 5th Amendment rights in any disbarment proceeding.

Imagine working hard to become a lawyer and then build a career only to betray your nation and be in this pickle personally and professionally. Why? jmo

"Security for the federal judge assigned to oversee the criminal case against former President Donald Trump over his attempts to overturn the 2020 election has been increased in the federal courthouse in Washington, DC."

"Trump has already said he will be asking for Chutkan to recuse herself from the case, writing on social media in all caps: 'There is no way I can get a fair trial with the judge 'assigned’ to the ridiculous freedom of speech/fair elections case.''"

"Security for the federal judge assigned to oversee the criminal case against former President Donald Trump over his attempts to overturn the 2020 election has been increased in the federal courthouse in Washington, DC."

"Trump has already said he will be asking for Chutkan to recuse herself from the case, writing on social media in all caps: 'There is no way I can get a fair trial with the judge 'assigned’ to the ridiculous freedom of speech/fair elections case.''"

Anybody else making veiled and not so veiled threats to judges and prosecutors would have their butts in jail-- there is a double standard- the Republicans are right- only they are wrong as to who those standards apply to. Trump gets away with all sorts of criminal behavior that would have put anybody else in prison by now, and his constant threats to law enforcement and the judiciary should result in a gag order and if he does not comply he should be put in jail. period. Decent law abiding citizens are sick and tired of watching this man elude the justice system because his ill-gotten $$$$$$ allow him to hire hordes of attorneys---

What dictator would you feel would have been an apt comparison for OP to make?
I think the comparison to Mussolini is apt. But also more recent leaders. I was a humanitarian aid worker in Bosnia during the war in the 90's and he reminds me of all the ultranationalist Serb and Croat leaders (who still love him). Many people dismissed the danger of the nationalists because they came off as bombastic and corrupt oafs who only cared about holding onto power. It's often said by survivors of the Bosnian genocide, "On the first day of the war, we didn't think there would be a war." People just couldn't believe it would happen in their town or city or that anyone would listen to those idiots. When Trump was elected president, Bosnians were calling their family members in America begging them to come back to Bosnia. They knew exactly the kind of person he was and the kind of violence his rhetoric could unleash.

Sorry if this has been posted already about John Eastman, said to be co-conspirator 2.

"Attorney John Eastman, an architect of Donald Trump’s last-ditch efforts to subvert the 2020 election, is asking a California judge to postpone disbarment proceedings lodged against him, saying he’s increasingly concerned he’s about to be criminally charged by special counsel Jack Smith."

His argument is that because he might be charged in the scheme to overthrow the 2020 election, he might have to invoke 5th Amendment rights in any disbarment proceeding.

Imagine working hard to become a lawyer and then build a career only to betray your nation and be in this pickle personally and professionally. Why? jmo

For some inexplicable reason, many like Eastman, have sold their souls to the devil, thrown their careers in the can, ruined their reputations, all to please Trump- I will never ever understand it-- it is beyond comprehension.

Anybody else making veiled and not so veiled threats to judges and prosecutors would have their butts in jail-- there is a double standard- the Republicans are right- only they are wrong as to who those standards apply to. Trump gets away with all sorts of criminal behavior that would have put anybody else in prison by now, and his constant threats to law enforcement and the judiciary should result in a gag order and if he does not comply he should be put in jail. period. Decent law abiding citizens are sick and tired of watching this man elude the justice system because his ill-gotten $$$$$$ allow him to hire hordes of attorneys---
Perhaps if he weren't running for office he wouldn't get so much leeway regarding his speech. Looks like a reason to stay in the race. imo

Regarding his ill-gotten money paying for attorneys, I think a substantial portion is from his fans sending him donations. And, I'm not entirely sure his lawyers get paid. He does have some "volunteers." I wonder if they agree to be volunteers or they are simply unpaid. imo

And I wonder if conversations with "volunteer" lawyers are privileged/confidential, legally. And I wonder if that issue will arise. imo

jmo

Perhaps if he weren't running for office he wouldn't get so much leeway regarding his speech. Looks like a reason to stay in the race. imo

Regarding his ill-gotten money paying for attorneys, I think a substantial portion is from his fans sending him donations. And, I'm not entirely sure his lawyers get paid. He does have some "volunteers." I wonder if they agree to be volunteers or they are simply unpaid. imo

And I wonder if conversations with "volunteer" lawyers are privileged/confidential, legally. And I wonder if that issue will arise. imo

jmo

I am referring to that ill-gotten money long before he became president or even ran for the presidency. He was known to be a con-man by many many people years and years ago-- He inherited a lot of money and made money, lost money, went bust, made more money----and so on and so on

I am referring to that ill-gotten money long before he became president or even ran for the presidency. He was known to be a con-man by many many people years and years ago-- He inherited a lot of money and made money, lost money, went bust, made more money----and so on and so on
I hear ya.

Lest we forget as we delve into this J6 criminal case (and other cases at the moment, there is a trial set to begin in January against him about a scheme that looks like multi-level or pyramid scam. He's been a conman for decades, moving into political scams in recent years with a treasure trove of money to be had, including money given to him from his fans.

Ripping off regular folk really gets under my skin (not alone in that, I know!), though it's hard to get mad sometimes because even when fraud is pointed out to them, they keep giving. imo

jmo

I hear ya.

Lest we forget as we delve into this J6 criminal case (and other cases at the moment, there is a trial set to begin in January against him about a scheme that looks like multi-level or pyramid scam. He's been a conman for decades, moving into political scams in recent years with a treasure trove of money to be had, including money given to him from his fans.

Ripping off regular folk really gets under my skin (not alone in that, I know!), though it's hard to get mad sometimes because even when fraud is pointed out to them, they keep giving. imo

jmo
I don't feel sorry for those people at all-- they will walk on hot coals for their hero--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar