DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CuriousGuy, rest assured I had no idea Chief Lanier was white (or female - neither matters to me). There are glaring differences in the handling of the two cases (Virts and Rudd). I see that the offer of assistance from the MD State Police was turned down by the PG Co police department at the MD crime scene. My question is - Why? (not of you; just a rhetorical question)

I have not seen one news ticker come across the bottom of my tv screen with Relisha's information. Are they not actively searching for Relisha (as in the Virts case) because they know something we do not? (another rhetorical question)

All the safety nets we think are provided for underprivileged children failed this little girl miserably. I am grateful someone reported her missing after almost a month of not being seen.

The system gave her a social worker, a roof, Christmas presents, and meals. The system, and the city of DC, put a law in place that got her reported missing in the first place. The system did not let her leave her home with a non-relative for weeks at a time.

hambirg, thank you for bring this up! Is the location of the video of Relisha and kt confirmed? If it's not "that motel" then then next question is, which motel????? Forgive me, I'm not yelling at you, I am just so frustrated and worried for Relisha!

Also, if we know of the video source location, I want to add it to the map. Anything to help us find a pattern, and sleuth. This beautiful, precious child needs to be found! :twocents:

I have been looking at every source I can find that has this video or images from it. Not one source has said which hotel/motel it was taken from. FWIW I do not think it is the same place that his wife was found. The video clearly shows them walking down a hallway inside of a building. The Red Roofs that my family has stayed at over the years the rooms are accessible only from the outside. While I'm not familiar with the DC area, it does look like the Red Roof that Tatum's wife was found in is the same setup.

So I think we need to find hotels in which the rooms are accessible from the inside, with hallways, and try to figure out which one it could be so it can be mapped. Most chain hotels/motels use pretty much the same decor. Should be semi easy, although time consuming maybe, to match up the patterns seen in the video to images online and try to narrow it down to a couple. I'm thinking that it would be one that is pretty close to the area as the map posted upthread with all the locations seems to be within a 40 minutes radius. So up until the discovery of his wife I think we can safely assume he didn't go far. That we know of anyway.

The system gave her a social worker, a roof, Christmas presents, and meals. The system, and the city of DC, put a law in place that got her reported missing in the first place. The system did not let her leave her home with a non-relative for weeks at a time.

ohhieliz, please do not misunderstand what I am saying. I apologize if I sound critical of all the assistance Relisha and her family were afforded. Of course, the responsibility of that poor choice lays solely at Relisha's mother's feet.

I have been looking at every source I can find that has this video or images from it. Not one source has said which hotel/motel it was taken from. FWIW I do not think it is the same place that his wife was found. The video clearly shows them walking down a hallway inside of a building. The Red Roofs that my family has stayed at over the years the rooms are accessible only from the outside. While I'm not familiar with the DC area, it does look like the Red Roof that Tatum's wife was found in is the same setup.

So I think we need to find hotels in which the rooms are accessible from the inside, with hallways, and try to figure out which one it could be so it can be mapped. Most chain hotels/motels use pretty much the same decor. Should be semi easy, although time consuming maybe, to match up the patterns seen in the video to images online and try to narrow it down to a couple. I'm thinking that it would be one that is pretty close to the area as the map posted upthread with all the locations seems to be within a 40 minutes radius. So up until the discovery of his wife I think we can safely assume he didn't go far. That we know of anyway.

This article says a hotel in Northeast... does that help any? I really don't know the area at all, just thought I'd throw that out...

http://www.wtop.com/41/3589748/Video-surfaces-that-may-be-of-missing-girl

Video is from 2/26 at a Holiday Inn in DC per Fox5.

I have no words! Thankfully I live in a country where child abduction is extremely rare. I find it so hard to read these cases and they seem to be never-ending. Something needs to change & soon. "Giving your child to a janitor" - really? Again, I have no words!:tantrum:

hambirg, thank you for bring this up! Is the location of the video of Relisha and kt confirmed? If it's not "that motel" then then next question is, which motel????? Forgive me, I'm not yelling at you, I am just so frustrated and worried for Relisha!

Also, if we know of the video source location, I want to add it to the map. Anything to help us find a pattern, and sleuth. This beautiful, precious child needs to be found! :twocents:

kimi_SFC, I just emailed the NBC Washington station 4 and asked that question. I also requested confirmation of the date and time of the video. Hopefully, they will respond.

Bruce Leshan is a reporter for WUSA9 News

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 46m

Landlord of Khalil Tatum, suspect in disappearance of #RelishaRudd, says Tatum has cabin in Frederick, trailer in @PrinceGeorgesMD, @wusa9

I hope these places have been checked out

This is one of these things that keeps nagging at me...I hope the police in Frederick have been notified.

Oh and I an about 96.845% sure that this is Tatums' address

2508 N St SE Washington, DC 20019

Today is the first I've heard of family speaking out - I was in a Benjamin Moore paint store when I saw this cousin of Andrea Tatum on the news.

bbm

....Patrick Kelly believes his cousin was killed because she knew Tatum was with the missing girl.

“[Andrea] was a beautiful person and she didn’t deserve what she got,” Kelly said.
“He’s a wolf walking out here amongst us. He’s a demon. She lost her life by standing up for what she believed in.”...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...irl-Relisha-Rudd-Criminal-Past-252328821.html

Amen. A system is meaningless if those responsible for children are highly irresponsible.

And JVM is showing a continuous loop of Relisha and Tatum walking down the hall of the hotel. Sickening. And also going on about how this child was let down by everyone. One need look no further than the mother for who let Relisha down.

I hadn't seen this before. I'm assuming it's a relative of Lyles, since he lives in Temple Hills...

(ETA - I see that Modesty Blaise posted this earlier)

bbm

...FBI agents went to the Temple Hills home of one of the adults named in the Amber Alert around 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Law enforcement sources tell WNEW Senior Correspondant Mark Segraves agents left the apartment with a woman who is considered a witness in the case....

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/25/fbi-offers-reward-in-case-of-missing-relisha-rudd/

Evidence inside where wife was killed! Hampering of investigation by mother per LE on JVM right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman