DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the school's responsibility, here is the DCPS policy. I guess we don't know if the school requested a truancy conference (probably had a hard time reaching Shamika). And it does seem that the School Counselor (or was it Social Worker? I've seen it written both ways, but working in DCPS myself, it is usually the SW's responsibility) finally got on the ball:

Parents of students with five unexcused absences will be requested to participate in a truancy conference.

Elementary
and middle school students with ten or more unexcused absences will be referred to the Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) for suspected educational neglect.

http://dcps.dc.gov/DCPS/Articles/Forms/Attendance%20Brochure%20for%20Parents%20&%20Students.pdf

If LE says mom is hindering investigation then that is a crime related to Relisha's disappearance, yes? So is mom open for sleuthing now ?
And who hampers the investigation into their missing baby ? I can see a lady hindering LE if she doesn't want her bf to get a drug charge or a petty charge. But this is your baby.
FFS ! Somebody love Relisha!!!!

They said LE is beyond frustrated because they can't get a straight answer on when Relisha's Mom actually saw her last. That Relisha's mom is hindering the investigation, but they didn't say she had been charged.

NG is getting ready to have Relisha's case on after commercial.

I'll look for link on HLN

They said LE is beyond frustrated because they can't get a straight answer on when Relisha's Mom actually saw her last. That Relisha's mom is hindering the investigation, but they didn't say she had been charged.

NG is getting ready to have Relisha's case on after commercial.

I'll look for link on HLN

Reminds me of two things:

1) her sister saying that Shamika knew more than she was telling LE and that she needed to tell them everything she knows (or something to that effect)

2) Shamika's BF saying that she had been honest for the "past 48 hrs " - that he had seen a change in her, implying that she had not been very forthcoming before

(ETA - it does make me wonder if there is more to the story - something she doesn't want LE to know, which is why she may not have wanted them involved earlier on, thinking Tatum would eventually bring her home)

Holiday Inn Express
1917 Bladensburg Road N.E.

Here's a link that states it...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/25/fbi-offers-reward-in-case-of-missing-relisha-rudd/

If it's in NE and a Holiday Inn, has to be the one at 1917 Bladensburg Road NE: http://goo.gl/maps/mAK9V I don't know what the hotel is like inside, but a very sketchy neighborhood.

kimi_SFC, I just emailed the NBC Washington station 4 and asked that question. I also requested confirmation of the date and time of the video. Hopefully, they will respond.

Oh and I an about 96.845% sure that this is Tatums' address

2508 N St SE Washington, DC 20019

Amazing sleuthing Everyone!!!!!

:yourock:

As soon as we have confirmation from MSM, I'll post a new screen shot of the latest (finalized) updated map. I have a screen shot from an NBC video, and I think it may be a possible 2nd address for kt. I need to check my files to be sure. Regardless, I will likely post the approximate address (i.e. 2500 block of N Street NE, as quoted by TurtlePie above) for kt, as he may have other family members still living there.

I will start drafting a new map in the meanwhile.

:tyou: all again! So proud to be a part of #TeamWebSleuths in the effort to

#FindRelisha

Just catching up on posts and wanted to chime in here in regards to the subtle hints at racism. I'm probably going to upset someone with what I have to say, but it needs to be said. I apologize in advance to anyone who takes offense or anyone whose feelings are hurt as that's not my intention.

In October 2011 CNN reporter TJ Holmes brought up the issue of the double standard in our society when it comes to missing children. This was around the time that Jehessye (sp?) Shockley went missing out of Arizona. (Ironically, TJ "departed" CNN at the end of that year and I've always wondered if it had to do with this topic). There is indeed a racial divide when it comes to missing white children and missing black children and how the cases are handled. Anyone who says there is not is either not paying attention or doesn't want to admit it. It has been proven time and time again every single time a child goes missing. Amber Alerts are often handled differently, media coverage is different, shares on social media are different, even comments in regards to the missing child/family, whether left in the comments section of MSM articles or on SM, are different. Every single time.

This poor little girl was not only missing for nearly a month before anyone thought to alert the authorities, but even after the authorities were alerted it seems that nobody was overly concerned UNTIL Tatum's wife was found murdered. Then all of sudden a light bulb seemed to go on and someone thought something might be very wrong. Yes, the mother made a very poor decision, an absolutely reckless and unintelligent decision to be more accurate. And I'm sure her "giving" Relisha to Tatum, as well as her inconsistencies, have not helped in this situation. But this is a child who is only 8 years old and she's POOF, vanished. Someone should have been a little more concerned that this girl was no longer around. No excuses!

Caitlyn Virt's alert, also in MD, went out to several states, was all over the media, and people were actually complaining about the alerts going to their phones repeatedly! Madeleine Mccann vanished in 2007 but is still very much talked about worldwide in the media. Yet in Relisha's case the Amber Alert was issued late (there is a link upthread). Yes, a lot of local media coverage, but not much national and what is there is sparse, and will probably die out later this week before it even peaks. Lanier stated in the press conference, yesterday I believe it was, that the Alert was sent as far north as PA and south to FL. Not true! I have family in PA that did not get an alert, nor is there an active alert for Relisha in that state at all.

The Amber Alert that did go out is STILL showing incorrect information when you go to www.amberalert.gov and click on active alerts. Here is Relisha's http://www.missingkids.com/poster/AMBER/11491/7751 Not only is there no picture of Mr. Tatum, it still shows the white GMC truck, which was found 5 days ago! A lot of people go to this site to check if there are any Amber Alerts. That information being outdated is totally inexcusable! Yes, I realize the information IS updated on the NCMEC site under missing kids. But again, a lot of people look at the .gov site, they don't go to the NCMEC site to check for Amber Alerts.

The other site that a lot of people use to find Amber Alerts is www.amberalert.com and they DID have a page for Relisha. But it's no longer there! Why not?? It was my understanding that this site in particular keeps the Alert even if it is cancelled and at that time it goes under "Cancelled Alerts". She is not under either "Active" or "Cancelled" on that site. She does show on the front page, but when you click on her image, name, or "Read Full Alert" button you get a blank page that says "The page you are trying to reach does not exist."

Look at little Myra's thread and what kind of media coverage that case has received, and how even the local media coverage has really died down. Yet she's been gone 25 1/2 days now and she's only 2 years old. Outside of this forum and the posts that have circulated on social media, not many people outside of Mississippi even know who she is. And she, like Relisha, could be anywhere right now! The alert for Relisha should be national and should have gone national once they found the last vehicle that they knew with certainty of Tatum to be in.

So yeah, there is definitely an inconsistency in how missing children cases are handled in regards to race. This is a serious problem in our country. And it has to stop!! Before that can happen though we have to first admit that it IS happening. And then we have to figure out how to change it. Because a child is a child, regardless of race, or any other demographic. Just my :twocents:

Sorry so long and thank you to all who took the time to read this. FWIW, not that it should matter one way or the other, but I myself am a married white female living in a very predominately white community in rural Ohio. Pretty far removed from minorities, the poor and underprivileged, and the homeless. But I've followed a lot of missing kids cases over the last dozen or so years and I can't deny that I see the differences in how they are handled.

I strongly stand by my post earlier and the no filter approach I took to it. I think all of us within this thread have walked many miles in different "shoes". We seem like a great caring bunch who don't see this as a black or white issue, it's a human issue - and it's a poor parenting issue. Race only seems to be a factor when it comes to American media taking a stand or notice. It's the truth, the very big truth.

It's sad because Relisha's family and upbringing is exactly the correct lay out of what people who seek issues with welfare take issue with. They were 100% dependent upon the system, and I maintain - the kids received the benefits and thats' what it is for. I'm glad the kids had xmas gifts, pj's and food. I'm so happy they had an education, which if continued does allow them free college because of low-income (same with mom). I do have friends who've been teen moms and lived within all aspects of the system till they did get their graduate degree and could provide 100% for their children. They sought out all forms of assistance verses getting a job etc etc so that they could graduate on time, with honors and the rest of the time be at home raising their kids - as single parents. I applaud them. They are doing it right in my opinion.

Shamika is simply allowing the system to raise her kids while she smokes pot and worries about her boyfriend. She's got a bit of what we call "arrested development", where it seems she emotionally is stunted. But, she made the exact right choices in concerns of putting kids needs first (food,shelter,education and Dr visits) after dcfs intervened. And that to me just says she was a very young mother with many kids and no family guidance. She needed that help, I do hope parenting classes were part of this entire fiasco. But none of those parenting classes, gov assisted facilities or whatever can remove her feelings, her lack of emotion for her daughter or create a bond - that's 100% on Shamika. I think Shamika wanted to feel like she had something like her peers; the nice clothing, the family, the ability to party... and her priorities were shifting as the kids aged.

AGain, just an assumption. She gave her daughter (take that as you will) to a man because he gave Re gifts. No other reason. Shamika was blinded by greed, and I hope Relisha isn't paying the price for it all.

But this needs to be a manhunt for a hostage situation.

Sorry, I must have missed it. Par for course for me lately. . .:facepalm:

Oh please no worries! Many folks join later and it's good to bring up info again and again that they may not know. I almost deleted my post b/c I didn't want to sound like I was chastising. I guess I just wanted credit to be given to the other person who dug it up earlier... :eek:

:seeya:

ETA - I deleted mine...

:truce:

This was also mentioned on WSB radio's morning news today here in Atlanta. Hoping people all keep a lookout!

When I was in Benjamin Moore today and it came on the news, I stopped midsentence in conversation with the salesman and said, "Shhh!"

Neither the salesman nor the person in line behind me had heard a word about it. And this is the immediate DC area...

I agree that the race of the victim plays a part in media coverage, but I also want to add that when people perceive an abduction as "the parent's fault" interest in finding these poor children seems to decrease. Clearly Relisha has no blame here, but IMO the general population has a hard time finding sympathy for the parent when the parent makes a huge mistake contributing to the child's disappearance.

It's very sad that Relisha is innocent in all this, and will no doubt suffer due to this public mindset.

I'm so, so sorry Relisha!

I agree that the race of the victim plays a part in media coverage, but I also want to add that when people perceive an abduction as "the parent's fault" interest in finding these poor children seems to decrease. Clearly Relisha has no blame here, but IMO the general population has a hard time finding sympathy for the parent when the parent makes a huge mistake contributing to the child's disappearance.

It's very sad that Relisha is innocent in all this, and will no doubt suffer due to this public mindset.

I'm so, so sorry Relisha!

I think another factor is the amount of time that has passed. Sadly, most people feel that it's hopeless now because where the heck are they? If the Amber Alert had been issued immediately (and properly - I received it days after it was issued) and if there was a vehicle to still search for, then I think more folks would be following it.

But it's like a needle in a haystack. Did they go south to Richmond? Or north towards Baltimore? Or are they still in the area? There are so many variables...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000