DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing sleuthing Everyone!!!!!

:yourock:

As soon as we have confirmation from MSM, I'll post a new screen shot of the latest (finalized) updated map. I have a screen shot from an NBC video, and I think it may be a possible 2nd address for kt. I need to check my files to be sure. Regardless, I will likely post the approximate address (i.e. 2500 block of N Street NE, as quoted by TurtlePie above) for kt, as he may have other family members still living there.

I will start drafting a new map in the meanwhile.

:tyou: all again! So proud to be a part of #TeamWebSleuths in the effort to

#FindRelisha

Just for info as to how I got the address because I didn't post any links etc... there was a news story in which a reporter was talking to Tatum's landlord, it gave his name and also showed the house. I went for a walk down the street on Google Maps and spotted the house. From there, I managed to attach that address to Tatum, but I can't for the life of me recall where I found it! Just wondering if that was the same news story/video. It is possible that there are others there too.

Just for info as to how I got the address because I didn't post any links etc... there was a news story in which a reporter was talking to Tatum's landlord, it gave his name and also showed the house. I went for a walk down the street on Google Maps and spotted the house. From there, I managed to attach that address to Tatum, but I can't for the life of me recall where I found it! Just wondering if that was the same news story/video. It is possible that there are others there too.

:websleuther:

:websleuther:

:detective: TurtlePie is on the case! No stone unturned! :highfive:

:sleuth: #FindRelisha

This link
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=158382554
has a person (now deceased) that is connected to KT. I posted this back on page 1 or 2. She was also "married" to the RSL name that was in the first Amber Alert but taken off the second one. It is also the same name connected to an address where the FBI “left with a women who is considered a witness”
in the new report http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/...-relisha-rudd/

Has anyone seen anything else about this witness ????

KT’s name shows that he is already using his new name, not Karl Lee.

In checking out some of the names in the obit on PeopleSearch and other sites like it, there are a couple of areas that are common to all three people involved in this. Andrea D. Kelly (murdered), Tatum’s common-law wife, RSL and KT --- Oxon Hill MD, Silver Springs MD and Washington DC as well as Temple Hills MD and Forth Washington MD area. Most of these areas also match up as old known addresses connected to the deceased in the obit. Notice the other name that she is known by: http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/romay-tatum/138749838

There is an address for AK (also known as AT) in Hyattsville MD. Her former addresses can be seen at this link. http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/andrea-kelly/138759160 which is close to the where the GMC truck was found.

If you plug in the addresses into a Google map and then look at all of the areas where we have information pertaining to Relisha’s disappearance from news reports; the motel where AT was found, the hotel from the video, the GMC truck, known places that KT has lived and all of the other old addresses connected to his family everything falls into a pretty small area, but still really huge when you are looking for a little girl.

KT is very familiar with this area. He knows how to get around and most likely has connections other than just family that he can get help to stay underground. The question now is he still in the area?

And hopefully that reward money is going to just be too much for someone to pass up.

May I go O/T for a moment?

The emoticons you all use really make these threads much more bearable. They somehow bring out a little grin when I am on the verge of tears. Between Myra, Relisha, the Robert Atlas case and the Zion baby...I may have to distance myself from these forums. And there are many more that are so very sad. Thanks to all of you who devote such time. I hope LE sleuths the sleuthers here and consider some of the tips and theories generated amongst these discussions ....great work!!!

I really like that they separated the reward money. Maybe someone can talk him into letting Relisha go for 25 grand. He can still try to run. If it wasn't seperated I could see someone being too afraid of turning him over.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Just catching up on posts and wanted to chime in here in regards to the subtle hints at racism. I'm probably going to upset someone with what I have to say, but it needs to be said. I apologize in advance to anyone who takes offense or anyone whose feelings are hurt as that's not my intention.

In October 2011 CNN reporter TJ Holmes brought up the issue of the double standard in our society when it comes to missing children. This was around the time that Jehessye (sp?) Shockley went missing out of Arizona. (Ironically, TJ "departed" CNN at the end of that year and I've always wondered if it had to do with this topic). There is indeed a racial divide when it comes to missing white children and missing black children and how the cases are handled. Anyone who says there is not is either not paying attention or doesn't want to admit it. It has been proven time and time again every single time a child goes missing. Amber Alerts are often handled differently, media coverage is different, shares on social media are different, even comments in regards to the missing child/family, whether left in the comments section of MSM articles or on SM, are different. Every single time.

This poor little girl was not only missing for nearly a month before anyone thought to alert the authorities, but even after the authorities were alerted it seems that nobody was overly concerned UNTIL Tatum's wife was found murdered. Then all of sudden a light bulb seemed to go on and someone thought something might be very wrong. Yes, the mother made a very poor decision, an absolutely reckless and unintelligent decision to be more accurate. And I'm sure her "giving" Relisha to Tatum, as well as her inconsistencies, have not helped in this situation. But this is a child who is only 8 years old and she's POOF, vanished. Someone should have been a little more concerned that this girl was no longer around. No excuses!

Caitlyn Virt's alert, also in MD, went out to several states, was all over the media, and people were actually complaining about the alerts going to their phones repeatedly! Madeleine Mccann vanished in 2007 but is still very much talked about worldwide in the media. Yet in Relisha's case the Amber Alert was issued late (there is a link upthread). Yes, a lot of local media coverage, but not much national and what is there is sparse, and will probably die out later this week before it even peaks. Lanier stated in the press conference, yesterday I believe it was, that the Alert was sent as far north as PA and south to FL. Not true! I have family in PA that did not get an alert, nor is there an active alert for Relisha in that state at all.

The Amber Alert that did go out is STILL showing incorrect information when you go to www.amberalert.gov and click on active alerts. Here is Relisha's http://www.missingkids.com/poster/AMBER/11491/7751 Not only is there no picture of Mr. Tatum, it still shows the white GMC truck, which was found 5 days ago! A lot of people go to this site to check if there are any Amber Alerts. That information being outdated is totally inexcusable! Yes, I realize the information IS updated on the NCMEC site under missing kids. But again, a lot of people look at the .gov site, they don't go to the NCMEC site to check for Amber Alerts.

The other site that a lot of people use to find Amber Alerts is www.amberalert.com and they DID have a page for Relisha. But it's no longer there! Why not?? It was my understanding that this site in particular keeps the Alert even if it is cancelled and at that time it goes under "Cancelled Alerts". She is not under either "Active" or "Cancelled" on that site. She does show on the front page, but when you click on her image, name, or "Read Full Alert" button you get a blank page that says "The page you are trying to reach does not exist."

Look at little Myra's thread and what kind of media coverage that case has received, and how even the local media coverage has really died down. Yet she's been gone 25 1/2 days now and she's only 2 years old. Outside of this forum and the posts that have circulated on social media, not many people outside of Mississippi even know who she is. And she, like Relisha, could be anywhere right now! The alert for Relisha should be national and should have gone national once they found the last vehicle that they knew with certainty of Tatum to be in.

So yeah, there is definitely an inconsistency in how missing children cases are handled in regards to race. This is a serious problem in our country. And it has to stop!! Before that can happen though we have to first admit that it IS happening. And then we have to figure out how to change it. Because a child is a child, regardless of race, or any other demographic. Just my :twocents:

Sorry so long and thank you to all who took the time to read this. FWIW, not that it should matter one way or the other, but I myself am a married white female living in a very predominately white community in rural Ohio. Pretty far removed from minorities, the poor and underprivileged, and the homeless. But I've followed a lot of missing kids cases over the last dozen or so years and I can't deny that I see the differences in how they are handled.

I think we can all agree the media reports these cases in an uneven matter. I take issue with implying that LE prefer helping white children vs. minorities. I think I will bow out of this thread since it seems to be leaning towards a social justice forum and just pray for baby Relisha.

There are people out here that love you baby girl. Please be safe

Is this it? http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...isha-tenau-rudd-abducted-photographs/6837621/

@TurtlePie I'm going through the media links again and just happened to be watching/reading that one as I checked the forum ;)

Somewhere I read that the truck (white GMC one that was found Thursday) was found at a motel, either in the immediate area where AKT was found murdered, or at the motel where she was found. And now I can't find it of course. Another source posted that it was found in the 1600 block of Eastern Ave NE. I wonder which address is the correct one?

@TurtlePie I'm going through the media links again and just happened to be watching/reading that one as I checked the forum ;)

Somewhere I read that the truck (white GMC one that was found Thursday) was found at a motel, either in the immediate area where AKT was found murdered, or at the motel where she was found. And now I can't find it of course. Another source posted that it was found in the 1600 block of Eastern Ave NE. I wonder which address is the correct one?

2Hope4 found it....

Here is the post:

The PGPD recovered a pick-up truck that was unoccupied and parked in the 1600 block of Eastern Avenue in Chapel Oaks on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at about 7 pm. The truck was mentioned in the MPD Amber Alert.

http://pgpolice.blogspot.ca/

Address where truck was found.

ETA: The maps recognize it as the 1600 block of Eastern Avenue NE in Washington DC, FWIW.... Hope this helps!

It was found in Hyattsville, MD... I think kim_sfc has it on her map. I don't remember the exact address. (ETA - looking at kimi_sfc's post. Wow - it's been reported both places. Wonder which one is correct? Chapel Oaks is much closer to where everything else happened, though.)

I think it was originally reported as Hyattsville which is in MD.

Then later another report mentioned the Chapel Oaks section.
The Charlotte Observer
Prince George's County Police said Friday, March 21, 2014, that Kahlil Malik Tatum ... On Thursday, police found the unoccupied truck described in an Amber Alert for Relisha parked in Chapel Oaks in Prince George's County.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ked-to-missing-girl-charged.html#.UzJNd5VOU5s

I took that to mean the Chapel Oaks in MD because of Prince George's County is MD not DC but maybe not.

I guess the question is ....is there one place called Chapel Oaks in MD and another in DC.

The link I'm looking for actually said in the article (no address listed in this one that I'm looking for) that it was found at "A" motel in the area where wife was found or found at "THE" motel where wife was found. Still looking... I'll find it.

On another note I just came across this one while looking for the other one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/2...relisha-rudd-8-makes-plea-for-her-safe-return
About midnight Thursday, authorities issued a bulletin that included pictures of Relisha, Later, police, acting on a tip, went to the Red Roof Inn and found Andrea Tatum’s body in a room. The white truck was in the Inn’s parking lot.

bbm

I'm trying to make a timeline related to the case and the media's inconsistencies are driving me nuts.

The link I'm looking for actually said in the article (no address listed in this one that I'm looking for) that it was found at "A" motel in the area where wife was found or found at "THE" motel where wife was found. Still looking... I'll find it.

On another note I just came across this one while looking for the other one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/2...relisha-rudd-8-makes-plea-for-her-safe-return

bbm

I'm trying to make a timeline related to the case and the media's inconsistencies are driving me nuts.

ITA! It's made the maps a bear as well! I haven't finished the update yet because of this very issue :facepalm: :banghead:

The Charlotte Observer
Prince George's County Police said Friday, March 21, 2014, that Kahlil Malik Tatum ... On Thursday, police found the unoccupied truck described in an Amber Alert for Relisha parked in Chapel Oaks in Prince George's County.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ked-to-missing-girl-charged.html#.UzJNd5VOU5s

I took that to mean the Chapel Oaks in MD because of Prince George's County is MD not DC but maybe not.

I guess the question is ....is there one place called Chapel Oaks in MD and another in DC.

I initially mapped the wrong street address (600 Eastern Ave in Chapel Oaks) but was told of the error by a WSer, & they sent a link to a map of 1600 Eastern Ave NE...

I re-mapped it, based on this info, but I still have the original map in my photobucket account, so I can edit it, if need be.

I'm now thoroughly confused! Do we have confirmation of the Eastern Avenue NE Chapel Oaks in DC via LE? I feel like we need to hear it from LE, because of the media inconsistencies. :moo:

The locations didn't appear that close, from my recollection, but I'm not a local. :moo:

:sigh:

The Charlotte Observer

No, I think Chapel Oaks is a part of Capitol Heights, MD, which is part of PG County. But so is Hyattsville. There is an Eastern Avenue in both places - Hyattsville and Capitol Heights. But -- Eastern Avenue sits on the line for DC and MD. At one point, it splits and runs parallel to itself closer to Hyattsville: one road in MD and one in DC. :scared:

As far as distance, I drive through Capitol Heights on the way to work, which is in the direction of Hyattsville. Depending on traffic, roughly 10-20 minutes?

This is interesting --- I didn't receive the Amber Alert, and I live about 6 miles from where Tatum's wife was found in the hotel. Across a state line, but still so close.

bbm

Amber Alert not issued for Relisha in Va, Md, others

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA9) - Despite what DC's police chief said yesterday in a news conference, there are no Amber Alerts for Relisha Rudd in other states according to police we checked with across the country, including Virginia and Maryland.

This comes after the four-and-a-half hour cell phone alert delay WUSA9 reported last week after officials declared an Amber Alert within the District....

....According to officials at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, cellular providers don't send out text alerts and digital billboards don't automatically populate missing posters outside the boundaries of where the Amber Alert is active.
"To the best of my knowledge there are no Amber Alerts outside DC (for Relisha)," said NCMEC Amber Alert Coordinator Robert Hoever. "I believe there might be a misunderstanding about what an Amber Alert is."

More at http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2014/03/25/amber-alert-relisha-rudd-video/6888109/

Relisha's mother says she last saw her daughter weeks ago when she allowed her to leave with Tatum. Tatum, however, never brought her back and when a school counselor noticed that Relisha hadn't attended class in several weeks, police started looking for her.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...age-of-missing-relisha-rudd-and-kahlil-tatum/

Police will not say where the two were last seen together.
But according to Antonio Wheeler, the little girl’s stepfather, Tatum was seen at the D.C. homeless shelter where he works last Wednesday. He then vanished when Wheeler asked him to bring Rudd home.
The next day, Tatum’s wife was found murdered in an Oxon Hill, Md., motel.
Although police say Rudd has not been seen since February, a police report says her aunt spoke to the 8-year-old on the phone twice last Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321