DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent yesterday without internet too, also not going to go back through it all. And HI!
Agh there's no way Im going to catch up. I'm currently on tour and have wifi when Im on set or in the studio. I did get a bulletin via FB that Tatum had done as I predicted, he killed himself.

I see this as two options: He sold Relisha when he traveled that day, or she's buried near by where he was found.

Still nothing. I am really starting to lose hope.

If Relisha isn't found by tomorrow, then where is she? How will she be found? I'm anxious about what will happen next if Relisha isn't found.

Fingerprints are submitted along with the DNA. I was licensed to collect the pre-release DNA from inmates. It was done at least 3 months prior to release. You package the DNA (blood sample), along with fingerprints and send it to the state police crime lab of your state. There is a biohazard stamp and it is sealed with red evidence tape along with your initials partly on the red tape and partly on the paper itself to ensure it has not been tampered with.

moo
Exactly, but I think people want to make certain that the fingerprints of the dead suspect and DNA from his remains actually matches with previously submitted samples. In addition, to run all of it through CODIS just in case the original samples were taken, even submitted but have yet to be entered into the database. No stone unturned.

I think he killed her to cover what he did. He went on with his life, continued to work etc. Once he realized that the school/cps etc were on to him he left work early...drove to Richmond and back (get a gun?). Then him, his wife and 3 or 4 other people went to a hotel in Oxon Hill, MD. Everyone left around 11:30pm except him and his wife. At around 6:30am his friend picked him up...only him. The wife was laying face down in the bed. Some time after that he was dropped off at a Metro...not stated he got on, just at. Never seen again although his debit card was used the next day. I believe shortly after that he killed himself.

JMO
BBM Who are these people?? Any clues yet??

Okay...horses were due to prison program so scratch that idea. Thanks all for the rundown. ;)

If Relisha isn't found by tomorrow, then where is she? How will she be found? I'm anxious about what will happen next if Relisha isn't found.

Me too! I hope this doesn't turn cold and no leads or tips to follow, with the main suspect gone and his tracks not clear it's frustrating.

I still believe Relishas family know more than they are saying! I heard SY could be charged with obstructing course justice? What happened there, are they still going for this?

Maybe if LE put enough pressure on her she may crack and tell all she knows,
He was the janitor at a homeless shelter where she lived, yet she went along with him pretending to be a DR?
She must have known that was a lie, she just seen him buff them floors! Grrr x

wusa9 ‏@wusa9 4m
#BREAKING: @DCPoliceDept Assistant Police Chief will discuss case of missing DC 8-year-old Relisha Rudd at 4 p.m.

Me too! I hope this doesn't turn cold and no leads or tips to follow, with the main suspect gone and his tracks not clear it's frustrating.

I still believe Relishas family know more than they are saying! I heard SY could be charged with obstructing course justice? What happened there, are they still going for this?

Maybe if LE put enough pressure on her she may crack and tell all she knows,
He was the janitor at a homeless shelter where she lived, yet she went along with him pretending to be a DR?
She must have known that was a lie, she just seen him buff them floors! Grrr x

Just my impression, I think they were hoping to find Relisha before charging SY and any other family members. I hope that after the official search at the park ends whether Relisha is found or not that they lock SY and those complicit up. I hope SY is charged with more than ObJ too! I also think SY knows a lot more, but I doubt she knows where Relisha is now.

wusa9 ‏@wusa9 4m
#BREAKING: @DCPoliceDept Assistant Police Chief will discuss case of missing DC 8-year-old Relisha Rudd at 4 p.m.

Thank's Popsicle! Next time I want a press conference I'll ask you, lol!

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m
@DCPoliceDept Asst Chief Newsham briefs at 4 on #RelishaRudd No sign of her in Kenilworth Pk. Where is she? @wusa9

this case has me so confused.

March 1 Relisha is last seen alive, int he company of Tatum in an unidentified DC hotel.
March 2 Tatum is in the park for two hours per cell phone pings after having purchased industrial garbage bags, shovel, lime, etc.
March 20 Tatum's wife is found dead in Red Roof hotel room in Prince George
tatum was also seen out and about around DC up til March 20.
So at some point on or after the 20th Tatum returned to the park he spent hours at on the 2nd and possibly disposed of possibly dead Relisha at only to kill himself?

None of this is adding up for me.

And what building was the body found in? Is it one the public had access to? Because it seems very odd to me that he has been there for very long if this building was publicly accessible and there has been searching going on there for days for Relisha KWIM?

I need to know where that body was found. In some janitor closet little used utility room or somewhere public could access. If a non accessible place how did HE access it?

So many questions.

If it was a public building he could have worked that building at some point, he was a janitor at one point, so could of had keys to it or excess to something there.

My mind think someone shot him and not before he put the young girl with that someone. Or killed her at the park and killed himself later.

I don't think came all the way to Richmond for a gun. He was from dc its much easier there to get a gun than Richmond. Unless he has a contact in Richmond.

My guesses are the girl is in Richmond(maybe dead) or with a contact of his or the girl is dead that park.

As far who lied to whom. I think he lied to them to start and took advantage of their poverty shame. Now they are scared and lying to cover up his lies for their own safety with their own.. I don't think its low education thing. Because it not hard print up a Dr. Degree online and print out tickets to Atlanta and etc. I think he conned them. I think a lot should look up how they do it in 3rd world places like brazil where they offer the parent children a good job and college educations and send a small amount of money to the parent for a short time. Its build trust from the parent who down on their luck, when really they are stealing the kids and force them into slavery and etc. I still think the mother is a bad case and will see jail time in the future. her daughter death or lost of youth is her own undoing. To me that worst than 100 year in jail.

I personally hope police go after the social worker too. For tipping off this whole ordeal. I think this a classic case of a Con act and abduction.

BBM Who are these people?? Any clues yet??

Okay...horses were due to prison program so scratch that idea. Thanks all for the rundown. ;)

Yes I want to know who was with Tatum at the hotel with his wife. That will shed some light on what has been going on with this guy. I think we have been very focused on a small part of a very big situation.

I'm about 5 pages behind currently and will try to catch up here shortly. In my next post I'm going to post the updated timeline. This one updates from 3/27 to current. I've gone through all the media links I had saved, haven't checked it against the map yet, but hopefully it's pretty close to accurate.

Could you all please give input again on it? Once we know it's accurate I can alert a mod to edit or delete/repost in the media/timeline thread.

Not sure the timeline is even relevant anymore to be honest, but maybe it will help in some way. Maybe we can use it to retrace his movements and possibly figure out where Relisha could be.

Oh, and Tatum 'might' have learned about lime while in that prison program. Lime is sometimes used in the stalls or run ins to keep the odors down between cleanings, and it sometimes used in an area horses walk through to keep their hooves dry to prevent thrush. Lime on a farm is normal.

For as long as he has been in prison throughout his life, he didn't seem very smart. Many criminals learn how to commit more crimes being in there. Some wise up and are grateful for their freedom and don't go back in. Tatum didn't seem to learn. His breaking/entering, thief charges go back into the 80's!! Yet he continued to reoffend. Perhaps that's where the money, phones, etc he had now came from. Wonder if there's cases in the area since he's been out? I'm sure there are! Now to see if he could be suspect in any of them. Well, police would know. A tiger nor zebra can change their stripes. From all appearances, Tatum didn't want to change. He was doing what he knew, and be damned what laws are. Just the way I see it!! So all my opinion only!

he was janitor as well, you might be surprised what they tell you about cleaning and what janitor knows. as matter of a lot of big time killer where janitors. They have all the chemical in the closet.

Tuesday February 25
--Relisha's 5th unexcused absence and parent conference is scheduled

Wednesday February 26
--Last day that Relisha is seen at the shelter
--SY turns Relisha over to Tatum to “care for her”
--Relisha and Tatum surveillance video @ Holiday Inn Express @ 19:25 (footage released by FBI on Tuesday, March 25)

Saturday March 1
--Relisha seen with Tatum at Days Inn motel on New York Avenue NE (Tatum stood out in “shirt and tie” and paid with MasterCard for 2 nights)
--Relisha seen with Tatum at a homeless center on Rhode Island Ave NE
--Relisha seen in video posted to SY's instagram; timestamp on video is this day
--LAST CONFIRMED SIGHTING OF RELISHA

Sunday March 2
--Tatum purchased, among other items, a carton of black 42 gallon self tie contractor trash bags at Home Depot in DC
--Tatum spends approximately 2 hours near area of Aquatic Gardens in Kenilworth Park in DC
--During this time up until March 20 Tatum continued to go to work and was seen in multiple locations throughout DC and Relisha was NOT with Tatum in any of those sightings.

Wednesday March 5
--School officials speak with SY at parent conference about attendance
--SY tells school officals that Relisha is under the care of “Dr. Tatum”

Friday March 7
--Originally reported that Relisha not in school but is seen on school grounds by a teacher picking up brothers*
--Originally reported that Relisha tells a teacher she has been ill and staying with her grandmother*
*(Above info cannot be verified by LE; teacher(s) who stated this cannot confirm now that these events happened on this day; possibly happened previous Friday (2/28) )

Saturday March 8
--Relisha alledgely accompanies Tatum and family to “medical seminar” in Atlanta per SY (told to DC police on March 19 – NOT confirmed by LE)

Monday March 10
--School officials reach out to “Dr. Tatum” who states that Relisha has been under his care for a neurological condition and is told he will need to provide documentation due to Relisha's continued absence

Thursday March 13
--Relisha's 10th unexcused absence (30 days total although most excused by “Dr. Tatum” verbally)
--School social worker alerts DC CFSA -truancy/educational neglect/SY being unable to account for Relisha's whereabouts/also notes that Relisha's mother and grandmother insist she is ill and in the care of Tatum
--DC CFSA does not treat situation with a high alert mainly because younger brothers were not having truancy issues and because of note on file regarding medical issues

Tuesday March 18
--Tatum used bank card to pay parking meter in Washington

Wednesday March 19
--Tatum at work at shelter, Relisha not with him, tells stepfather he will bring her back after work
--DC CFSA social worker responds to school complaint and calls “Dr. Tatum” regarding documents related to his care of Relisha/explanation for absences
--Tatum arranges a meeting at the shelter with DC CFSA worker
--DC CFSA arrives at shelter for meeting only to find that there is no “Dr. Tatum” and that Mr. Tatum, the janitor, is not there
--Tatum abruptly left work prior to his shift ending, apparently drove to Richmond and back, reason unknown; possibly was in Gilpin Court area as phone pinged there
--DC police are called who arrive at the shelter and launch a missing persons investigation
--DC police meet with SY who states that Relisha went to a “medical seminar” in Atlanta with Tatum and his family and she does not know when they will return
--DC police attempt to call Tatum @ 9:39pm but call goes directly to voice mail (phone never turns back on after this call)
--SY refuses to file a missing persons report
--DC CFSA gets court order for custody of Relisha, signs off on missing persons report
--Tatum checks into Red Roof Inn Room 132 @ 10:04pm with AKT and 3 other people (none of whom are Relisha)
--Shortly before 11pm three people leave Room 132
--Per a witness who had been at the hotel for four days, this is the first time the red --SUV and black Honda are seen in the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn
--Various family members state that they spoke via phone to Relisha on this day. (SY, grandmother, and aunt)*
*(Info is NOT confirmed by LE)

Thursday March 20
--Last confirmed sighting of Khalil Tatum is at 6am this day
--One person arrives at Room 132 @ Red Roof Inn @ 5:40am, sees AKT lying on bed, is not allowed inside room (later tells police that in the last month he assisted Tatum with internet searches regarding handguns)
--8:01am Prince George's County Police get request from DC Police for help with missing child
--Amber Alert issued by DC police naming two suspects (Tatum and RSL) and two vehicle descriptions (Maroon/Burgundy Chevy Trail Blazer SUV and Black Honda Accord)
--Originally reported there was a possible sighting of Relisha in DC area (in the morning with an unidentified woman)*
--Tatum calls friend, asks to be picked up @ Red Roof Inn and dropped off @ Southern Avenue Metro
--LE learns that one of the vehicles (SUV) is parked outside of Room 132 @ Red Roof Inn
--LE enters Room 132 and discovers the body of AKT (face down on bed, shot once in the head) and find both vehicles in the Amber Alert in the parking lot
--DC CFSA removes Relisha's brothers from SY's care
--LE updates Amber Alert with description of third vehicle (White GMC Pickup Tuck) and removes supsect RSL
--Richmond, VA authorities notified BOLO
--White GMC Pickup Truck is spotted in Richmond's Metro area per Richmond Police*
*(There has been no further mention of this in media or by LE)
*(Phone calls were made from Tatum's cell in the Gilpin Court area; could have been 3/19 or 3/20 or both days)

Friday March 21
--3:12am bank card again used
--White GMC Pickup Truck belonging to Tatum found in Hyattsville, MD
--Tatum is charged in Prince George's County in the death of his wife
--Local arrest warrant issued for Tatum for first degree murder
--Amber Alert updated states Tatum armed and dangerous

Saturday March 22
--Vigil held for Relisha at shelter

Monday March 24
--DC Police and FBI release more photos of Relisha and Tatum

Tuesday March 25
--FBI releases video surveillance of Tatum and Relisha from Feb 26
--FBI offers $25,000 reward for information leading to location and return of Relisha Rudd
--PGCP offers $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Tatum
--U.S. Attorney's Office in Maryland files for federal warrant for Tatum for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and arrest warrant is issued
--Area within and around homeless shelter is searched

Wednesday March 26
--Tatum added to FBI most wanted list
--FBI offers $20,000 reward for information leading to arrest and indictment of Tatum
--FBI states that Tatum has ties to Atlanta
--Wooded area around shelter searched (area near Anacostia Riverwalk Trail just east of homeless shelter)

Thursday March 27
--LE searches Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens in what is a “recovery operation” according to Chief Lanier press conference (park is 700 acres with 7 ponds and borders Anacostia River)

Friday March 28
--Search resumes at Kenilworth Park with air and ground searches with canines
--DC and Park Police search Fort Dupont Park
--Langdon Park searched after girls clothing found by dog walker (later determined a false lead)
--Days Inn on New York Avenue Room 245 searched; (media originally stated that LE was using a “machine that is used to determine the flight path of a bullet” inside that room)
--LE investigating Tatum's contact with 3-4 other children at homeless shelter that they know of

Saturday March 29
--Dive teams searching Anacostia river and ponds inside Kenilworth Park; weather has halted ground searches which will continue Monday

Monday March 31
--Khalil Tatum's body found in storage buildings located in the Kenilworth Park Recreation Center area off of Anacostia Avenue NE, entrance across from Ord Street NE
--Search warrants filed in DC Superior Court for Tatum's Gmail; LE looking for “date, time, and duration of communications and the IP address that are unique to each device”
--Search warrants filed in DC Superior Court for storage locker on South Capitol Street rented 8/13 by AKT and KT; last rent payment made 3/2 and paid through 3/31; LE looking for “evidence of Relisha, photographs, documents, weapon”; LE seized mail and photos from storage locker

Yes I want to know who was with Tatum at the hotel with his wife. That will shed some light on what has been going on with this guy. I think we have been very focused on a small part of a very big situation.

My opinion only, I think one of the people at the hotel was that Lyles charater. Wasn't he KLT's brother-in-law? I don't know anything about him, ( I think he's FB "friends" with KLT ) he was mentioned at the beginning and then cleared. I bet he's the "witness" who told LE about KLT looking for a gun on the internet, and I think he helped him in this. I also think he was the one who saw KLT's wife facedown on the bed, and I think he was the one who gave KLT a ride. It was also reported that LE took a woman in for questioning. So, if I'm right, one of the people would be Lyles. Than an unnamed woman. Then AKT ( KLT's wife ) and one other person.

I've wanted to know why they checked into this hotel in the first place. The photo of Relisha, the passports, cell phones, and other items were found in KLT's apt. So what was the purpose in checking into the hotel late night on March 19? KLT's wife was found dead in this hotel on March 20. It sounds like a "meeting" to me. About what? What took place during this "meeting"? Why not meet at KLT's apt.? Why did KLT kill his wife? We don't know anything about her and I wish we did, cause maybe it would help us understand what KLT was doing during key times. I think this "meeting" is very important.

I've seen the video played over and over again via JVM and NG and I wonder at what I am looking at. Tatum and Relisha walk away from the camera down the hall and then what looks like the second part or maybe they both just turn around they walk towards the camera and enter a room.

I'm not sure if they are lost just looking for the room to enter or both of them are entering and then leaving the hotel, tho the 'leaving part' is shown before them entering the room.

Otherwise where is the video of Tatum with or with out Relisha leaving the room?

Did we ever see the video of MAM leaving alone in Shaniya's case?
That would bother me... I'm guessing they didn't release it because it would be disturbing.
Clearly if he walks out of the hotel room carrying a big bag he didn't walk in with, that would be unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member