DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's plenty of programs for people in DC. There's a program that will help you find a job, a program that will give you the clothes for the interview, a program that will watch your kids while you are in the interview, a program that will give you food for your family, a program that will help you get housing, a program that will help you get off of drugs. DC is alot of things but it's not a city where you can't get help. There are programs in PG county MD which is right outside of DC. This woman doesn't WANT help.

Also, the expensive part of DC is true if you want to live in Georgetown or Downtown DC. Get on Section 8 and you can get a townhouse. There's so much out there for people who want the help.

That's just an excuse IMO.

That money she got from the settlement was way more than I had either of the 2 times I've moved and started over. It would have been enough to move, pay rent and day care for a few months until she could get a job. But she doesn't have a track record of making responsible decisions for herself or her family, so I don't expect her to see it that way.

MOO.

All I'm saying is she cannot afford Washington D.C..This is the worst place to get any help.They won't do it for you.

"They wont do it for you?"
Well, I don't assume any place/ person/org will do it for you??

At some point - people have to be broke from the mold that they would even THINK anyone would DO anything FOR them...this mentality is like a virus - it spreads. I think people have DONE ENOUGH FOR HER, anyone agree?
I mean she has been evicted like 6 times....off a voucher....her rent is probably 50 dollars a month. Half the cost of ONE PAIR OF JORDANS....she wouldn't even do THAT....but she got everyone Hellys and Js....we are not working with a decent, deserving, hard working person. I BET MONEY SHE HAS NEVER HELD A JOB!!! EVER.

The next thing we are going to do for her - is pay for her legal help with a court appointed lawyer....smh.

Northern VA is JUST AS EXPENSIVE as DC...if not higher.

And trust me, I am not saying that the system hasn't failed people at times but this one? This right here isn't one of those times. If the system hadn't stepped in, we probably wouldn't even know about little Relisha.

Just to add: In PW County, I suspect that a person with SY's background would end up in one of the public housing subdivisions....like Georgetowne in Manassas... and once there, she would be drawn to the criminals that we read about daily in the Patch. I also suspect, she would be in jail within five minutes.

I agree. Manassas is too expensive too.There is low income housing. But you do have to pass a credit check. They will not accept you if you don't.It's real good to get on section 8 housing if you can.It's a very long waiting period and you still might not get on it.I will say Prince William County near and around Woodbridge is the best place they will help you. I have checked them all.

http://www.lowincomehousing.us/VA/manassas.html

I think the section 8 waiting list is over 10 years....There are plenty of affordable places around DC, mostly in MD. IMHO, I think SY has a very low IQ and or severe learning disabilities.

Also, people keep saying they should have used the settlement money to get an apartment. OK, that may last them for 2-3 months of rent and then what? No one will hire SY for a job, especially not now. I don't know what TW's problem is, why he doesn't work but even if he got a job at McDonald's he certainly would not be able to afford rent anywhere. He would need 3 jobs tops.

I would like to raise money to get SY's tubes tied....

MT is now saying she didn't sell the T shirts, she gave them away! Sweet Lord these people lie like rugs!

With all due respect (truthfully) - I think this is not a good idea. Number 1 - Why on earth would ANYONE send these children back to their mother? A. She is def under the microscope at the moment. And is suspected of being a major player in the disappearance of RR...why would they take the chance to give them back? B. They (officials, SS, etc) are under the microscope for not doing something sooner regarding their reports of neglect, abuse, truancy, etc. B. She is homeless, has no money and does drugs - why would they send them back there?
More importantly - ANYONE would take these kids at this point. RR/siblings have become the most loved kids in the area....ANYONE could take them in until they can find a permanent fix.

Provide MORE assistance for her? get her off her feet? Don't you think that has already been attempted? She has money - AW had money apparently...why would we keep supporting her? There are people that REALLY deserve the assistance. Im sorry but NOTHING these folks have shown, said or proven have spoken to them deserving ANYMORE than they have already received.

I don't think anyone wants to talk about someone's family...but lets be real...the family has been a part of this - in some way, shape or form. The FAMILY is why this entire story is so convoluted, why she was never reported and why we are all worried sick over a little girl, most of us have never laid eyes on.

Like someone said above me - agree to disagree...this is my opinion.

I live in Northern VA - I already pay enough taxes and I too, a professional have had my share of struggles to support myself in one of the most expensive counties in the country. But I worked HARD, studied HARDER and when I fell down, I fought to get back up again...nobody HELPED me or continued to help me...nor would I expect it. I hope she doesn't come to VA.

And in DAle City/Fburg - it is impossible to get around easily. That area is considered way out there to us true DMV/NVA residents...

I think these little boys need to stay together and not be torn apart and I know they will not be in the system. Hopefully they can find a family member that can will take care of them and will be suitable for them.

A person with SY's skill set cannot just move to some suburb, 20 some miles away from the city. In the city, she and her family have access to public transportation, stores and such, all in walking distance. DSS/CPS, schools, medical facilities, daycare, family/support and even shelters are right there at their fingertips.

In a way out suburb, she would need a car just to get the basics and to get to a job or to get to job training or any social services. She would then need to get car insurance, tags, the money to pay personal property tax, gas, car repairs, inspection, emissions tests and upkeep. That's all money that will have to come from somewhere like her food budget.

She would sink like a rock in a place like Dale City. She would either drown or shrivel up like a fish out of water. Just IMO, as a once social services employee/provider in Northern, VA.

ETA: Heck she might not even have a driver's license. I can't see her walking to a bus stop to go grocery shopping and then waiting , with food, for upwards to a half an hour to catch the bus home...

BBM. I agree, to a point. It would be difficult for her, but it CAN be done. I know women like SY, and while many do get "stuck," some have gotten out and moved on to provide a better life for themselves and their children. It wasn't easy for them...it took a lot of determination and hard work, but they made it out. Just depends how bad you want it and how much you're willing to fight for it. Just my :twocents:.

I think the section 8 waiting list is over 10 years....There are plenty of affordable places around DC, mostly in MD. IMHO, I think SY has a very low IQ and or severe learning disabilities.

Also, people keep saying they should have used the settlement money to get an apartment. OK, that may last them for 2-3 months of rent and then what? No one will hire SY for a job, especially not now. I don't know what TW's problem is, why he doesn't work but even if he got a job at McDonald's he certainly would not be able to afford rent anywhere. He would need 3 jobs tops.

I would like to raise money to get SY's tubes tied....

Yes it's a very very long waiting period.I agree Maryland is pretty affordable.I don't know how things work there.

I don't know she doesn't care for them. I feel yes put them back with the mother or with other family members with supervision and help financially and help her get on her feet and keep all 3 of her boys together. She needs to move from Washington DC further down to around Dale city and even further down near Stafford and Fredricksburg where it is more affordable for her. I use to live near Washington DC. I know they do not help you there. It is a trap.You cannot afford to leave there with out help.It's just way too expensive to live there. I don't like talking about the family.I just want to help finding little Relisha.
Or, maybe they can stop buying fancy shoes and all that pot. JMO:facepalm:

Since it was reported that the bio dad for the one boy is having a DNA test done... leads me to believe he is going to go for custody.

Since it was reported that the bio dad for the one boy is having a DNA test done... leads me to believe he is going to go for custody.

apparently he tried to go for custody before....? did you hear that?
Where was it posted that he is getting a DNA test? I had heard that somewhere but not on the news? was just wondering how credible that was?

apparently he tried to go for custody before....? did you hear that?
Where was it posted that he is getting a DNA test? I had heard that somewhere but not on the news? was just wondering how credible that was?

It must have been the wusa special because I remember them saying the MIL gave them that info. I know I posted it on here right when I heard it. No, I haven't heard he tried for custody before...if that were the case then he would know he is the father already.

So all the children will be taken away from her one by one and separated from each other. Possibly adopted out through the system where they don't know each other any more and not raised together and have to find each other many years later through an adoption search.If they can find each other.This all sounds very familiar to me and makes me very sad. I don't care how they do it. Just please keep these boys together. I won't talk about this any more ok? It just really bothers me. I just hope and pray they find Relisha and she is safe and ok.

It must have been the wusa special because I remember them saying the MIL gave them that info. I know I posted it on here right when I heard it. No, I haven't heard he tried for custody before...if that were the case then he would know he is the father already.

BBM. Yes, it was the WUSA special. I took a few notes during the broadcast, and this is what I wrote when I heard it: Relisha’s bio dad doesn’t want to talk, his MIL says he’s getting a DNA test

ETA: Italicized text is from my personal notes.

I was so hoping Relisha would be found by now. It appears this case is at a standstill right now. Unless Relisha is found, the only thing we have to look forward to are arrests of those who should have cared enough about Relisha to make sure this had not happened to her in the first place. With the murder of AKT and the suicide of KLT, the only other people who need to be charged are still walking around going about their daily lives. At this point, if Relisha is indeed dead, I pray she be found so she can have a proper burial. I hope there will be organized volunteer searches of the park, and the areas surrounding the park. KLT is beyond the reach of earthly justice, and the only guilty parties left are Relisha's own family. I pray that justice will come soon for Relisha and that her brothers have a chance in life that Relisha never had. I don't think any more media interviews with the Young family and their associates will shed any light on where Relisha is now. I hope someone will be watching over the other children in this family until they are of age. And I hope SY and AW/TW never get the three boys back. I hope these three boys are raised very far from every single one of them, and that they have a chance to have loving, happy, healthy productive lives.

Praying for Justice for Relisha Rudd.

Thread 4 post #795 by shadow of my mind

RSBM
I have been trying to find anything that may give us more information or insight and found this site.
Source: http://homicidewatch.org/2014/04/02/...icide+Watch+DC)

This site has videos saved from Channel 7 News. They are not dated so it makes it a bit difficult to keep a perspective on the time line of when news unfolded, but I did find it helpful in actually hearing and seeing the news as it was reported. Since I’m not local I thought there may be others on WS who would be interested to watch them as well. The videos also give you a good look at the area.

A few things that I found interesting that I have missed.

In video titled FBI Search winds down for Rudd in DC Park
at 2:34 -- According to Channel 7 News Relisha’s bio father filed twice in 2012 attempting to get visitation rights to see her and also tried to get custody.
Video Source: http://bcove.me/yv3grxt6

(apologize I'm not sure how to link the post)

With all due respect (truthfully) - I think this is not a good idea. Number 1 - Why on earth would ANYONE send these children back to their mother? A. She is def under the microscope at the moment. And is suspected of being a major player in the disappearance of RR...why would they take the chance to give them back? B. They (officials, SS, etc) are under the microscope for not doing something sooner regarding their reports of neglect, abuse, truancy, etc. B. She is homeless, has no money and does drugs - why would they send them back there?
More importantly - ANYONE would take these kids at this point. RR/siblings have become the most loved kids in the area....ANYONE could take them in until they can find a permanent fix.

Provide MORE assistance for her? get her off her feet? Don't you think that has already been attempted? She has money - AW had money apparently...why would we keep supporting her? There are people that REALLY deserve the assistance. Im sorry but NOTHING these folks have shown, said or proven have spoken to them deserving ANYMORE than they have already received.

I don't think anyone wants to talk about someone's family...but lets be real...the family has been a part of this - in some way, shape or form. The FAMILY is why this entire story is so convoluted, why she was never reported and why we are all worried sick over a little girl, most of us have never laid eyes on.

Like someone said above me - agree to disagree...this is my opinion.

I live in Northern VA - I already pay enough taxes and I too, a professional have had my share of struggles to support myself in one of the most expensive counties in the country. But I worked HARD, studied HARDER and when I fell down, I fought to get back up again...nobody HELPED me or continued to help me...nor would I expect it. I hope she doesn't come to VA.

And in DAle City/Fburg - it is impossible to get around easily. That area is considered way out there to us true DMV/NVA residents...

For us natives, old timers with roots going back 100s of years, PW & Loundon weren't even considered suburbs of DC until the late 80s or early 90's and I am not kidding. That was bumf()c* to Fairfax County, Alexandria and Arlington natives. And as far as Maryland went...only PG & Montgomery Counties were considered suburbs of DC... the rest was either thought of as country, the beach or a suburb of Baltimore.

People new to this area never really get that some of us have histories in the immediate DC area that go back six or more generations. This is our hometown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm