DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the video from the Grandpa's interview online anywhere?

SY was in court for custody. I guess she's trying to get her other three kids back. I hope they did NOT give that woman her kids.

We will never stop searching for you, Relisha.

2lbz2ah.jpg

https://twitter.com/OhMyGOFF

SY was in court for custody. I guess she's trying to get her other three kids back. I hope they did NOT give that woman her kids.

They are not going to be better off in the system.It will be very sadly worse.

Not to sound rude. But this why dc/md and that area up there have a very high kid napping a human trafficking rate because of the lax rules on children travel. Where is the parent responsibility. In my city you have to be 10-13 yrs old and tell the driver where you are going.. Any child getting on alone the police is called pronto, they don't let them off the bus. All young children and some pre teens they have to show ID and sit in the front near the driver

at@Jlt. every avenue helps I tip like this should be looked into.. Children grow everyday and she might have saw her from a distance in which the person look taller but was actually smaller. In some pictures RR look older than 8 and taller, in some she look 5 yrs old.

DC doesn't have school buses (unless they are for special needs children). All children in DCPS either walk to school or catch public transportation. I always thought this was weird but it has always been that way. I grew up in PG County MD and went to private school so my parents always dropped me off and I drove when I could but this is the way of life in DC.

They are not going to be better off in the system.It will be very sadly worse.

So what's the option? Give them back to a mother who doesn't care or take a chance that they could end up with a family who genuinely cares about them?

Sadly, I think if this bunch had lost their cash settlement somewhere, that would be the only thing they would desperately search for.

May today be the day Relisha is found.

Keep the faith!

Yeah, tell 'em there's $5000 planted in that park. See how quick it's searched. Forgive me.

So what's the option? Give them back to a mother who doesn't care or take a chance that they could end up with a family who genuinely cares about them?

I don't know she doesn't care for them. I feel yes put them back with the mother or with other family members with supervision and help financially and help her get on her feet and keep all 3 of her boys together. She needs to move from Washington DC further down to around Dale city and even further down near Stafford and Fredricksburg where it is more affordable for her. I use to live near Washington DC. I know they do not help you there. It is a trap.You cannot afford to leave there with out help.It's just way too expensive to live there. I don't like talking about the family.I just want to help finding little Relisha.

DC doesn't have school buses (unless they are for special needs children). All children in DCPS either walk to school or catch public transportation. I always thought this was weird but it has always been that way. I grew up in PG County MD and went to private school so my parents always dropped me off and I drove when I could but this is the way of life in DC.

BBM. I think this is pretty typical in bigger cities, metro areas...at least it was for me back in the day, waaaaay back, lol, when I was in the Chicago Public School system. There were no school buses (except for special needs children). I walked to school, and later when I attended a private high school, I took public transportation.

Funny, what different people consider weird :smile:. When I first moved to SC from Chicago (whew, talk about culture shock!), I thought it was weird that children rode school buses to school. I had never seen so many school buses in my life! In fact, I had to refresh myself on the rules of the road for approaching school buses because I was, and still am, always having to stop for them. Anyway...

Where is Relisha?! Praying for you baby girl.

A person with SY's skill set cannot just move to some suburb, 20 some miles away from the city. In the city, she and her family have access to public transportation, stores and such, all in walking distance. DSS/CPS, schools, medical facilities, daycare, family/support and even shelters are right there at their fingertips.

In a way out suburb, she would need a car just to get the basics and to get to a job or to get to job training or any social services. She would then need to get car insurance, tags, the money to pay personal property tax, gas, car repairs, inspection, emissions tests and upkeep. That's all money that will have to come from somewhere like her food budget.

She would sink like a rock in a place like Dale City. She would either drown or shrivel up like a fish out of water. Just IMO, as a once social services employee/provider in Northern, VA.

ETA: Heck she might not even have a driver's license. I can't see her walking to a bus stop to go grocery shopping and then waiting , with food, for upwards to a half an hour to catch the bus home...

I don't know she doesn't care for them. I feel yes put them back with the mother or with other family members with supervision and help financially and help her get on her feet and keep all 3 of her boys together. She needs to move from Washington DC further down to around Dale city and even further down near Stafford and Fredricksburg where it is more affordable for her. I use to live near Washington DC. I know they do not help you there. It is a trap.You cannot afford to leave there with out help.It's just way too expensive to live there. I don't like talking about the family.I just want to help finding little Relisha.

We can agree to disagree

But, she does not have the same skill set as you, me or the vast majority of the general public... This is not an option for SY, IMO.

All I'm saying is she cannot afford Washington D.C..This is the worst place to get any help.They won't do it for you.

A person with SY's skill set cannot just move to some suburb, 20 some miles away from the city. In the city, she and her family have access to public transportation, stores and such, all in walking distance. DSS/CPS, schools, medical facilities, daycare, family/support and even shelters are right there at their fingertips.

In a way out suburb, she would need a car just to get the basics and to get to a job or to get to job training or any social services. She would then need to get car insurance, tags, the money to pay personal property tax, gas, car repairs, inspection, emissions tests and upkeep. That's all money that will have to come from somewhere like her food budget.

She would sink like a rock in a place like Dale City. She would either drown or shrivel up like a fish out of water. Just IMO, as a once social services employee/provider in Northern, VA.

ETA: Heck she might not even have a driver's license. I can't see her walking to a bus stop to go grocery shopping and then waiting , with food, for upwards to a half an hour to catch the bus home...

She would also have to stop using drugs to start being productive. I don't see her doing that either. jmo

Just to add: In PW County, I suspect that a person with SY's background would end up in one of the public housing subdivisions....like Georgetowne in Manassas... and once there, she would be drawn to the criminals that we read about daily in the Patch. I also suspect, she would be in jail within five minutes.

Washington DC isn't her problem nor is it impeding her progress imo.

With all due respect (truthfully) - I think this is not a good idea. Number 1 - Why on earth would ANYONE send these children back to their mother? A. She is def under the microscope at the moment. And is suspected of being a major player in the disappearance of RR...why would they take the chance to give them back? B. They (officials, SS, etc) are under the microscope for not doing something sooner regarding their reports of neglect, abuse, truancy, etc. B. She is homeless, has no money and does drugs - why would they send them back there?
More importantly - ANYONE would take these kids at this point. RR/siblings have become the most loved kids in the area....ANYONE could take them in until they can find a permanent fix.

Provide MORE assistance for her? get her off her feet? Don't you think that has already been attempted? She has money - AW had money apparently...why would we keep supporting her? There are people that REALLY deserve the assistance. Im sorry but NOTHING these folks have shown, said or proven have spoken to them deserving ANYMORE than they have already received.

I don't think anyone wants to talk about someone's family...but lets be real...the family has been a part of this - in some way, shape or form. The FAMILY is why this entire story is so convoluted, why she was never reported and why we are all worried sick over a little girl, most of us have never laid eyes on.

Like someone said above me - agree to disagree...this is my opinion.

I live in Northern VA - I already pay enough taxes and I too, a professional have had my share of struggles to support myself in one of the most expensive counties in the country. But I worked HARD, studied HARDER and when I fell down, I fought to get back up again...nobody HELPED me or continued to help me...nor would I expect it. I hope she doesn't come to VA.

And in DAle City/Fburg - it is impossible to get around easily. That area is considered way out there to us true DMV/NVA residents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin