DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
apparently he among a large crowd of others witnessed the conflict/assault alleged in the PO.

interesting that he found a way to make sure the author of the article knew he was a witness and oh, by the way, that radio show I said was over, well now its not and I will be discussing the RO with Shamika on my next show.

Truly disgusted. No words

At least none allowed without a lengthy TIME OUT being levied against me.

RSBM

Yep, once she saw that she had to admit Relisha was actually missing :banghead: SY insisted that that her mother and sister gave her to KT. Then it changed to just her mother. (Disclaimer: IIRC, it's hard to keep up with all the changing stories-I always doubt myself)

Does MY (MT) admit she was the last family member with Relisha?

I think that's what makes me the angriest. It's like LE asked who had Relisha last and the family each stated it wasn't them and LE just gave up with the questions. I know that isn't the way it really is but that's how I feel. Arrest them on obstruction or whatever and show us some action! I just feel like there isn't enough pressure on the family. I hope I am wrong.

IMO, etc

MY still contends that she did not give Relisha to Tatum last I heard her speak or read her comment on it (which has been a while).

Much more important we make sure the press gets the story and facts right about who aggressed on who in this protection order debacle doncha know.

the whole lot of em make me physically ill.

I read a story recently about a woman that was missing for awhile and they recovered her legs and torso in the landfill.

BBM , Witness to what ? Hmmm

tlyca was right. Thank you by the way tlyca. Warren said he witnessed the situation between young and her mother and there was no altercation between them. And that Young would tell her side of the story on his radio show.

Sorry if I confused you.

I notice someone mentioning Relisha being sick . I recall her grandmother saying in one of her early news interviews that Relisha suffered migraines from a very early age and they did not know what caused them. When she would fall sick she would stay with her for periods of time. What is interesting is at the same time there was an article stating that teachers or counselors she worked with at the shelter said Relisha hated living there so much she was fake being sick.

Could it be possible she faked being sick from a very young age as a coping mechanism to get out of situations she did not like and possibly for attention as well? I have read about children doing that.

One other thing that bothers me is this thing about Relisha's being in school on the 5th and on the playground only on the 7th. Now I can see a teacher mistaking one student for an other on the play ground. But how can you mistake a kid for being in school when their not? If the school has record she was in attendance on the 5th then she was there. And a teacher knows her class it is unlikely she will not mark a child there if they are not. How can the police dispute that?

apparently he among a large crowd of others witnessed the conflict/assault alleged in the PO.

interesting that he found a way to make sure the author of the article knew he was a witness and oh, by the way, that radio show I said was over, well now its not and I will be discussing the RO with Shamika on my next show.

Truly disgusted. No words

At least none allowed without a lengthy TIME OUT being levied against me.

Oh, thanks. I thought he meant a ' witness' to Relisha's fate and I was thinking ...... I thought no one knew what that fate was. This case has so many sidebars of things unrelated to anything that I quit paying attention weeks ago to as much of that muddy water as I could. I'm sorry guys. I'm not current on the ' days of our lives' of our family . Here's all I want..........
FIND RELISHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlyca was right. Thank you by the way tlyca. Warren said he witnessed the situation between young and her mother and there was no altercation between them. And that Young would tell her side of the story on his radio show.

Sorry if I confused you.

I notice someone mentioning Relisha being sick . I recall her grandmother saying in one of her early news interviews that Relisha suffered migraines from a very early age and they did not know what caused them. When she would fall sick she would stay with her for periods of time. What is interesting is at the same time there was an article stating that teachers or counselors she worked with at the shelter said Relisha hated living there so much she was fake being sick.

Could it be possible she faked being sick from a very young age as a coping mechanism to get out of situations she did not like and possibly for attention as well? I have read about children doing that.

One other thing that bothers me is this thing about Relisha's being in school on the 5th and on the playground only on the 7th. Now I can see a teacher mistaking one student for an other on the play ground. But how can you mistake a kid for being in school when their not? If the school has record she was in attendance on the 5th then she was there. And a teacher knows her class it is unlikely she will not mark a child there if they are not. How can the police dispute that?

the school did not have a record of her attending on the 5th. On that day I believe it was reported the other siblings arrived late (tardy) and the teacher who thought Relisha was at school on the 5th was mistaken. That teacher saw the other children arriving late and assumed Relisha was among them but attendance records show she was not present that day although her brothers were however and had been marked tardy.

I hope that helps. The ever evolving timeline has been difficult to stay on top of.

Dozens rally to shut down D.C. General homeless shelter

Dozens rallied outside the D.C. General homeless shelter, as activists from community and faith-based groups – along with families who reside there – told us that conditions are less than ideal.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...al-homeless-shelter-103776.html#ixzz33g6ATsx4

question? Where do these folks think they are going to go if this shelter (imperfect, far less than ideal) is shut down? I get that there are problems with the shelter. But isn't a shelter supposed to be a place of last resort and not a Resort?

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but when you are unable to support yourself or your family to the point you are homeless, isn't someplace to land with a roof over your head better than being on the street or in your car (if lucky enough to have one)?

I totally get that the shelter has huge issues. But what is the alternative if it is closed? Where do all those families go?

They are marching for better living conditions???

IMO if each adult resident put either a scrub brush, mop, paint brush etc into their hands and helped clean their own assigned area plus a small portion of the common area - they could get the shelter sparkling in no time.

Instead of organizing marches - why don't they organize a resident clean up event? Imagine how much that they could accomplish in one weekend!

100 or dozens? Seems the reports conflict on level of participation. Just noting the difference in headlines.

Dozens rally to shut down D.C. General homeless shelter
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...al-homeless-shelter-103776.html#ixzz33g6ATsx4

100 rally at D.C. General shelter, demand improved living conditions for homeless
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36b530-eb4b-11e3-93d2-edd4be1f5d9e_story.html

MY thoughts today are on Relisha's brothers. It seems as if I cannot do anything for Relisha. Her own family refuses to cooperate with LE whcih means answers are not likely nor is any sort of closure.

The best I can do is hope to spare her siblings some of the dangers she was placed in by family members who IMO never had the best interest of the children at the forefront.

Today is the custody hearing. May the judge keep these siblings away from their parents and somewhere safe and well supervised. They IMO do not need to be thrust back into the care of any family member at this point.

JMO praying for those siblings and their safety today. Please judge, rule properly in THEIR interest. Reunification be damned.

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- A custody hearing for Relisha Rudd's brothers is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...ssing-dc-girl-relisha-rudds-brothers/9949571/

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 13s
BREAKING: Relisha Rudd parents lose custody battle. Siblings to foster care. Reconsider in one year. @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/6CERrTv3hH

I'm still here and reading. I'm just discouraged and don't feel like I have much to add. :-(

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 1m
BREAKING #RelishaRudd: '92 death of Relishas sister cited in denying father custody. He was convicted of abuse @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/EeKp5eqrBs

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 2m
#RelishaRudd: Judge denies custody of Relisha brothers citing parents' mental health. Visitation allowed @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/iQIvjG29Ds

Relisha Rudd’s brothers should remain in government custody for now, judge rules

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...019fee-ec21-11e3-93d2-edd4be1f5d9e_story.html

In a disposition hearing Wednesday, D.C. Superior Court Magistrate Judge Janet Albert said that if Shamika Young complies with services ordered by the court, she could ultimately regain custody of the boys, ages 7, 5 and 4, in a year. The same decision was issued for Antonio Wheeler, the father of the two youngest boys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back