DC DC - Robert Wone, 32, Washington DC, 2 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would ketamine take effect instantly though? Because if not, my only gripe with that theory is that I would imagine someone being injected with a needle as many times would’ve felt something and reacted, even subconsciously. Yet we know his body showed no signs of struggle and that every mark found on his body were just as clean.

Good question. I don't know much about ketamine or how quickly it takes effect.

I agree about being injected with a needle. He may have been given something to make him sleep when he drank the water earlier. But he had to have been so deeply anesthetized that his "hosts" mistakenly thought he had died.

I've thought about it a lot over the years and I don't think he was a voluntary participant in anything that night.

Good question. I don't know much about ketamine or how quickly it takes effect.

I agree about being injected with a needle. He may have been given something to make him sleep when he drank the water earlier. But he had to have been so deeply anesthetized that his "hosts" mistakenly thought he had died.

I've thought about it a lot over the years and I don't think he was a voluntary participant in anything that night.

I agree Betty P. IMO there’s never been any evidence that he was anything but a devoted husband. Such a horrible shame that he somehow became a victim of his supposed “friends”. Really sad to think about, IMO.

The needle-marks evidence IIRC was yet another aspect of this case that turned murky…. IIRC the marks were consistent with some potentially life-saving treatment that paramedics might’ve tried, but the one paramedic who was asked said he hadn’t injected Robert or made the marks…. & that was big news…. but then another paramedic at the CS claimed to have made the marks trying to save Robert IIRC

I havent looked at this case in years - I’d love to know what’s happened since as far as new info or substantiation…. Argh am I going to have to sign up for that peacock business now?? I don’t mind paying the $5 once but I know I’ll never remember to unsub & years from now I’ll still be paying Lol
MOO

2010 rbbm
''The paramedics had seen a lot of corpses, but never one quite like this. Robert Wone's chest was carved open by three deep stab wounds. A bloodied knife lay on a side table. But the high-powered Washington lawyer's body was laid out neatly on a bed with his arms at his side. The bedding was unruffled and folded neatly at an angle.

There was no sign of a struggle, none of the defensive wounds that might be expected on a man fighting for his life. Strangest of all, there was almost no blood.

Later, the pathologist found something even more unusual: seven tiny needle pricks to Wone's body that could not be explained by his wife or doctor.''

''Wone arrived at the house at about 10.30pm, had a glass of water as he chatted to Price and Ward in the kitchen and went to his bedroom. Less than 90 minutes later, Zaborsky called the emergency services.''

"She saw a large hole in the victim's chest, big enough to "fit your finger into" but there was no blood whatsoever on the victim, on the floor, or anywhere in the room," legal papers said.

''To the paramedic it appeared that Wone had been "stabbed, showered, redressed, and placed in the bed".

The police searched the house and turned up an assortment of unusual sex toys that looked to the detectives more like medieval torture instruments.''

''Then the pathologist's report came in with the evidence of needle marks to Wone's neck, chest, foot and hand. The police concluded that Wone had been subdued with a paralysing drug. But nothing was detected in his blood.

The pathologist's report also said that blood vessels in Wone's eye had burst, an indicator of suffocation. The victim was found wearing a guard in his mouth to prevent him from grinding his teeth, suggesting he was preparing to go to sleep when he was attacked.''

Ahh jeez now I’ll have to waste my whole day trying to find where I got the idea that another paramedic had done the needle marks……

Ahh jeez now I’ll have to waste my whole day trying to find where I got the idea that another paramedic had done the needle marks……
@taylorss
rbbm
''Fowler was also asked his opinion about several needle marks found on the victim’s body. Some of the marks can be explained by paramedics attempting to treat and revive Wone at the scene. But others appeared to have bruising around them, implying that Wone was alive and conscious when the needle went in. Bruises surrounding marks on Wone’s ankle were indicative of such “antemortem” punctures, Fowler said. Prosecutors have suggested Wone may have been drugged prior to his stabbing, hence his non-responsiveness to the cuts.''

Last edited:
It was mentioned in the documentary too. They said needle marks are typically attributed to paramedics performing necessary life-saving treatments, however the paramedics in this specific case could not account for ALL of the needle marks observed on Robert’s body.

Something that has always bothered me about this case is the report that Wone asked for and then drank a glass of water soon after arriving at the townhouse. This has always struck me as very odd but context is everything and I have never read a full account of the interview. If the roommates were instructed to provide every detail of what happened and they did report other minutiae that seem equally insignificant, the report of the glas of water might be less important and more an indicator of what investigators thought was incriminating. If this was something that was volunteered and really not consistent with the rest of the interview, the possible explanation is that the roommate was concerned that Wone had texted his wife and mentioned suspicions regarding the glass of water.

March 26 2023 Carla Mascarenhas
''Almost two decades on from his horrifying and unsolved murder, a new doco will shed fresh light on the death of successful 32-year-old lawyer Robert Wone who was found stabbed at the home of his college friend.
In the two-part documentary, US federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner summed it up best when he said: “When I die, the first question I am going to ask God is, ‘Who killed Robert Wone?’”

Mr Kirschner was closely involved with Mr Wone’s case and served as the chief prosecutor in the trial over the gruesome murder.

Australians may not be familiar with the shocking case, but when it happened in 2006 it captivated America.

The murder remains unsolved – but does Peacock TV’s new documentary, Who Killed Robert Wone?, get any closer to solving the baffling crime?''

''His friend Joseph Price, a prominent gay rights activist, owned the house, but it was also occupied by Victor Zaborsky, Price’s partner, and Dylan Ward, their acquaintance and rumoured lover.

Mr Wone was, by all accounts, straight, happily married to Katherine Yu and the couple lived in Virginia.''

Mr Wone was lying in a guest room bed with three stab wounds to the chest, surrounded by very little blood, the knife that had ostensibly ended his life lay on the bedside table beside him.

His body looked like it had been washed and wiped clean.

He had no defensive wounds – meaning he only could have been killed while restrained or incapacitated.
Moreover his own semen was found on his crotch and inside his rectum.'''

March 26 2023 Carla Mascarenhas
''Almost two decades on from his horrifying and unsolved murder, a new doco will shed fresh light on the death of successful 32-year-old lawyer Robert Wone who was found stabbed at the home of his college friend.
In the two-part documentary, US federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner summed it up best when he said: “When I die, the first question I am going to ask God is, ‘Who killed Robert Wone?’”

Mr Kirschner was closely involved with Mr Wone’s case and served as the chief prosecutor in the trial over the gruesome murder.

Australians may not be familiar with the shocking case, but when it happened in 2006 it captivated America.

The murder remains unsolved – but does Peacock TV’s new documentary, Who Killed Robert Wone?, get any closer to solving the baffling crime?''

''His friend Joseph Price, a prominent gay rights activist, owned the house, but it was also occupied by Victor Zaborsky, Price’s partner, and Dylan Ward, their acquaintance and rumoured lover.

Mr Wone was, by all accounts, straight, happily married to Katherine Yu and the couple lived in Virginia.''

Mr Wone was lying in a guest room bed with three stab wounds to the chest, surrounded by very little blood, the knife that had ostensibly ended his life lay on the bedside table beside him.

His body looked like it had been washed and wiped clean.

He had no defensive wounds – meaning he only could have been killed while restrained or incapacitated.
Moreover his own semen was found on his crotch and inside his rectum.'''

Thank you for this— hard to believe it’s been almost 20 years. Wishful thinking, I know, but I am hopeful that someday one of the housemates will crack and reveal the truth.

Anyone watching the interrogation videos…. it’s noticeable how Joe keeps asking about Dylan, wants to see Dylan, says Dylan’s lawyer is trying to reach him, but doesn’t mention Victor…… does this suggest Joe sees Dylan as being at greater risk of prosecution? And why might that be? JMO

As an alt explanation, maybe only Joe & Dylan were being interviewed at that time & that’s why Joe isn’t asking after Victor?
tho that seems unlikely, all three were in the house when 911 showed up, why would one of the three men be left home while the other two were simultaneously taken in

JMO

Anyone watching the interrogation videos…. it’s noticeable how Joe keeps asking about Dylan, wants to see Dylan, says Dylan’s lawyer is trying to reach him, but doesn’t mention Victor…… does this suggest Joe sees Dylan as being at greater risk of prosecution? And why might that be? JMO

As an alt explanation, maybe only Joe & Dylan were being interviewed at that time & that’s why Joe isn’t asking after Victor?
tho that seems unlikely, all three were in the house when 911 showed up, why would one of the three men be left home while the other two were simultaneously taken in

JMO

IIRC, many of Robert Wone's supporters were of the opinion that Dylan may have been the aggressor who killed RW. Of the 3 roommates, he was the "wild card" so to speak.

IIRC, Victor was near hysterical after the murder and during the 911 call. He may not have been much help in explaining what happened. It seems possible LE felt Victor and Dylan were the ones most likely to have been involved in the death and/or cover up or at least knew more of the details.

Victor mostly stayed upstairs and may have been worried about keeping his story straight. He probably wasn't fully aware of what transpired that night and instinctively wanted to know what Dylan was telling LE, as he possibly was the one most involved.

Recall, Dylan's room was on the same floor/hallway as the guest room where RW was sleeping. Victor and Joe were upstairs.

Hope that makes sense. It's kind of difficult to explain without getting afoul of the rules here. All JMO.

Always important to look at the timeline:

10:30 pm - Robert Wone arrives at the townhome of Joe, Victor and Dylan after working late and attending a meeting

11:00 pm - neighbors report hearing a scream come from the townhome

11:39 pm - Victor calls 911 to report the stabbing

First Floor - Kitchen, LR, etc.

Second Floor - bath, laundry, Dylan's room, Guest room - Robert Wone

Third Floor - Joe & Victor's room

IIRC, there's also a basement level with a room they rented out to some young woman who wasn't there that night.

I'm posting this as much to refresh my own memory as anything.

Last edited:
After watching the documentary on Peacock, this murder is almost exactly like the JonBenet case. The only thing missing is a ransom note. Obviously the facts are different but it’s essentially the same setup. A locked room mystery, three suspects, reported intruder with no witnesses, doctored/staged scene, inexplicable circumstantial evidence, unknown motive, neighbors who heard a scream, and a botched investigation.

It’s unsolvable unless someone confesses.

After watching the documentary on Peacock, this murder is almost exactly like the JonBenet case. The only thing missing is a ransom note. Obviously the facts are different but it’s essentially the same setup. A locked room mystery, three suspects, reported intruder with no witnesses, doctored/staged scene, inexplicable circumstantial evidence, unknown motive, neighbors who heard a scream, and a botched investigation.

It’s unsolvable unless someone confesses.
Hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. I'd also add 3 witnesses who told the exact same story and stuck to it, even when it didn't add up.

My feeling is the three men that lived in that house had to have some involvement in Roberts murder, but just how much is where Im unsure. I'm also wondering if there was someone else in the house that night. Someone who made the door alarm chime when they left.
They seem to have gone to some lengths to clean and stage the crime scene, but then made some obvious mistakes, like not messing the room up a bit, and generally leaving things too neat and tidy. Why tidy up so much anyway?

The timeline is really tight too, almost like Robert walked through the door and straight into trouble. Though I'm not 100% his murder was planned in advance.

My feeling is the three men that lived in that house had to have some involvement in Roberts murder, but just how much is where Im unsure. I'm also wondering if there was someone else in the house that night. Someone who made the door alarm chime when they left.
They seem to have gone to some lengths to clean and stage the crime scene, but then made some obvious mistakes, like not messing the room up a bit, and generally leaving things too neat and tidy. Why tidy up so much anyway?

The timeline is really tight too, almost like Robert walked through the door and straight into trouble. Though I'm not 100% his murder was planned in advance.

I’m new to following the case. I just listened to The Consult podcast, hosted by former FBI profilers. It’s excellent.

I know from other cases that the killer’s habits tend to carry over to the crime scene. A lawyer on the program said the house was unusually clean and organized. The spices in the spice drawer were organized alphabetically, for example. I don’t think they could stand to have any type of mess despite the predicament they were in.

The lawyer said they consulted with a BDSM expert who said that tarps or wading pools are typically used to contain —sorry— the result of violent sessions.

The married homeowners had biological children who visited the home and were known to play in a wading pool. That pool wasn’t found by police. He theorized that pool was used in the death or possible clean up. That might also explain why the hose was unraveled and the K9 searching for blood alerted on an outside drain.

I think it’s possibly D & J involved and R was simply used to looking the other way. I understand R & J are now separated, so I hope R speaks up.

If it’s not anyone in the household directly involved, it may be J’s brother who was a person of interest, according to the podcast. He was a drug addict, but was also taking classes to be a phlebotomist. That might explain the various needle marks. He missed his class on the night of the murder.

He had a key to the home an burglarized it after the murder.

JMO

I the Consult podcast they said Joe’s life revolved around Dylan, and Victor’s life revolved around Joe.

Dylan had hoped to replace Victor as Joe’s husband, and Victor possibly put up with Dylan because he didn’t want to lose Joe. Dylan had expressed being bored (iirc). He wanted to add another partner. So Joe was seeking one out.

One thing Victor couldn’t be aware of was what violence Dylan was capable of. But Joe knew. If Joe wasn’t involved he likely thought that Dylan was responsible. As the practicing lawyer, he felt it was his job to protect Dylan. I think he feared losing Dylan more than Robert, imo. I think by asking about him, he was hoping the police would tell him what Dylan was saying in the other interview room. (Was he confessing?)

I’d have to verify this, I’m not sure if I heard it correctly—but Dylan and Joe had a BDSM contract. Joe was the submissive partner. So he complied with Dylan to a fault. Maybe that’s another reason he was asking for Dylan. Maybe he needed direction from him, depending on the terms of their agreement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back