DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New link.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html

Video shows picture of the cute little boy. :( Looks just like his dad.
They talk to the housekeeper that got the text. There is a screenshot of the text but since I don't know how to put it here I will quote it.

Yesterday, 9:56am

"I am making sure you do not come today. If you could come from or Monday that would be great.

"Hi, Amy. I don't have any plans to go over there today. Monday...." (and that is all I can see)

So it appears the surviving housekeeper was not scheduled to work on Thursday which makes me think Amy was reaching out for help and hoping the text would raise red flags with the housekeeper. The text was at 9:56am so if Amy sent the text then they were most likely killed before the car left at 10:30am.

http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...murdered-before-the-house-was-set-alight.html

Pictures of the girls. So sad!

Inthedetails: you are right, totally different wording.
Just bringing Plumeria5 post across as it states exactly what was put in the text.

So Amy may have been kept alive the longest and I hate to say why.
Interestingly, one of the early articles, IIRC, said the Porsche was actually *her* car, i.e., she was the one who was often seen driving it.

Didn't someone post a video of the second maid where she was displaying the text on her phone?

Wasn't there something about "Come Friday, Monday, any day but today!"

The Post above says the text came at 9:AM. That makes more sense than around 10AM.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html

No, correcting myself. The second Housekeeper does say the text came about 9:56AM.

That is very late to be warning a housekeeper off from arriving IMO.

Unfortunate or unfair as it may be, I think this second housekeeper is probably being looked at very closely. I'm sure they can see that she got a call from Mr Savopoulos but was it a voicemail or a conversation?

This perp or perps seem very concerned to protect her, keep her away....even making multiple calls....but they can beat a child to death.

I hope these calls weren't prearranged.

She said Savvas Savopoulos told her in person Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out, but said in the voice mail left that night that Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed all day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

“It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense,” Gutierrez said in Spanish. “And it was different than what he had said to me before.”

A housekeeper who worked for the family told Fox 5 that another housekeeper and the couple's 10-year-old boy slept in the house Wednesday evening. The housekeeper got a text on Thursday morning telling her not to come in because the family was sick.

http://www.people.com/article/4-dead-suspicious-house-fire-dc

When she called the family after receiving the text, no one picked up.

Nelitza Gutierrez, the housekeeper who received the messages, told the Post the series of messages left her thinking something was amiss with her employers. Gutierrez had worked for the family for 20 years.

Savvas Savopoulos had told Gutierrez on Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out. But in a voice mail that night, he said Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed.

"It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense," Gutierrez said in Spanish. "And it was different than what he had said to me before."

Gutierrez said she called Amy Savopoulos after hearing the message "to see if she was OK, but she never answered."

The housekeeper received a text message Thursday morning from the mother and told her to not come by the house because the family was sick. When she called to respond to the text message, the phone call was not picked up.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

bbm

That's a different text message than we've seen. This one seems more "normal" than the blunt version we've seen before. The housekeeper received a call that that family was sick on Wednesday night and then the reminder blunt text on Thursday - at least that's my understanding.

I am afraid we are getting paraphrased text messages rather than the one that was actually send.

There's no way the first housekeeper slept over Wednesday night. Maybe she meant Tuesday night to Wednesday morning. If she was there with the family overnight on Wednesday night, then she would have been there Thursday morning. Either this information is jumbled or her story is.

There's no way the first housekeeper slept over Wednesday night. Maybe she meant Tuesday night to Wednesday morning. If she was there with the family overnight on Wednesday night, then she would have been there Thursday morning. Either this information is jumbled or her story is.

I think you are confusing something. The housekeeper that supposedly slept over is dead with the rest of the family. There were two housekeepers. One was killed. The other one was repeatedly texted to or called to warn her not to come.

No, I'm not confusing anything. The alive housekeeper said she slept over with the family Wednesday....in another article.

No, I'm not confusing anything. The alive housekeeper said she slept over with the family Wednesday....in another article.

Link? I haven't seen anything of the sort in any of the articles.

One person with a gun could control everyone. He could have had one person tie everyone up. Then the killer makes sure they are all tied securely. He can then beat the 3 that he beat. He may have left the mother tied and she passed from smoke inhalation, they tried to revive her with CPR.

I haven't seen that anywhere but the live HK did say that the husband had told her in person on Wednesday that his wife was going out. She must have seen him at the studio because she'd already said that she was asked to work there Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday to get the martial arts place open.

My mind keep going back to a boyfriend or friend of the older daughter(s) as a possible suspect. I would assume that we are not hearing much about the girls, maybe for protection sake. And maybe i am slightly jaded because of some recent cases i've been following, but my mind went there first & keeps coming back to that.

Does anyone have thoughts on this angle, either way?

One person with a gun could control everyone. He could have had one person tie everyone up. Then the killer makes sure they are all tied securely. He can then beat the 3 that he beat. He may have left the mother tied and she passed from smoke inhalation, they tried to revive her with CPR.

Except the victims were killed with blunt force trauma and possibly knife wounds. Suggest the suspect(s) didn't have a gun.

I'm trying to find the article where that was quoted. In the meantime, I clicked on the wjla video which is interesting in different respects. It's the one where NG shows her cell phone text from "Amy". The wording is in the strange format. Also, the guy next to her....hope they question him. Do we know who he is? Closed off body language. I'm assuming her husband/bf/brother, but just a guess.

I haven't seen that anywhere but the live HK did say that the husband had told her in person on Wednesday that his wife was going out. She must have seen him at the studio because she'd already said that she was asked to work there Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday to get the martial arts place open.

The housekeeper that is alive didn't sleep their overnight. It's the dead one that supposedly slept there overnight. My guess is she was already dead by Wednesday night.

She said Savvas Savopoulos told her in person Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out, but said in the voice mail left that night that Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed all day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

“It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense,” Gutierrez said in Spanish. “And it was different than what he had said to me before.”

A housekeeper who worked for the family told Fox 5 that another housekeeper and the couple's 10-year-old boy slept in the house Wednesday evening. The housekeeper got a text on Thursday morning telling her not to come in because the family was sick.

http://www.people.com/article/4-dead-suspicious-house-fire-dc

When she called the family after receiving the text, no one picked up.

Nelitza Gutierrez, the housekeeper who received the messages, told the Post the series of messages left her thinking something was amiss with her employers. Gutierrez had worked for the family for 20 years.

Savvas Savopoulos had told Gutierrez on Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out. But in a voice mail that night, he said Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed.

"It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense," Gutierrez said in Spanish. "And it was different than what he had said to me before."

Gutierrez said she called Amy Savopoulos after hearing the message "to see if she was OK, but she never answered."

The housekeeper received a text message Thursday morning from the mother and told her to not come by the house because the family was sick. When she called to respond to the text message, the phone call was not picked up.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

bbm

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."

I'm getting a better picture now of how crazy these messages are. The housekeeper normally worked at the home on Thursdays, but the week of the murder, she was hired to work at the martial arts studio INSTEAD of working at the home on Thursday. She never intended to be at the home on Thursday so all the messages to keep her away were unnecessary.

She was with SS at the studio on Wednesday and he told her Amy had plans to go out that night (reference the link above - it's in the article). Then, she receives a voicemail that night from SS telling her the family is sick and not to come on Thursday, which she found tense and strange.

And he asked her to call the other housekeeper's husband because she was staying overnight. Can you imagine getting a call from your spouse's co-worker to tell you your spouse is staying overnight at the employer's home which has never happened before?! That's weird.

On Thursday, she received the blunt text from Amy's phone, which she also found strange.

The messages are indeed strange!

I think the motive in this case was to rob this family and they planned to leave no witnesses behind. I think it may be the work of one person and I do think the POI is involved.

I don't think this has anything to do with the father other than he and his family were targeted because of their known wealth. He seems to be a law abiding citizen and very well liked and admired in his community that he had lived in for over a decade.

Imo, robbery was the motive and to silence all witnesses and now its said that money is missing.

We have seen several heartbreaking cases in recent years where all the occupants of the home where found murdered. One happened on New Years Day a few years back and all the family, including children were killed. The murderers had remained in the home for quite awhile. It was robbery motivated by total strangers to the family. There was no forced entry.

Then we have the Billings murders when the parents were murdered and robbery was the motive. No forced entry.

Then there is the Husted wealthy parents who were both murdered. Their home had been invaded by a total stranger and they caught him inside the home and he murdered both of them. No forced entry.

Then we cant ever forget the Petit murders and the same motive was there in that tragic case as well.

So a perfect stranger certainly could have done this to this wonderful family for it has happened to many other wealthy families in the past.

Or it could be someone that had worked in the home previously or even had done work for them recently that knew the layout of the home. But again it could have been a total stranger.

These kind of things seem to be happening more often in upper class neighborhoods.:(

I hope they can ID the POI. He is the key to solving this case, imo.

Here's my biggest question: SS's sister called Thursday morning and said he sounded untroubled and in good spirits! Anybody know what time she called? This is most puzzling of all in my mind.
Another thing, forget the murder/suicide. Someone drove their car away, then burned it and fled.

I agree with oceanblueeyes. I think it was robbery. I am still suspicious of that yard crew that was there! I think someone said they had a clean-up crew there. Was that someone other than their regular lawn-cutting crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8