DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...he does sound a little tense. But then toward the end he sounds fine. Also, I heard the sound of children/child? Did you too? In the background.

I know. He said we are having "issues" with Philip. What does that mean?

Correction: "Going through some stuff with Philip."

I know. He said we are having "issues" with Philip. What does that mean?

"You know we are going through some stuff with Phillip." Yeah thought that was an interesting statement. Unless he was trying to cover for the sound in the background.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the maid NG says, "I don't know why God chose to save me." ? I mean, it seems like she's being defensive when no one said anything about it. You'd think she'd be more upset/concerned and focused on the murdered family, but she goes straight to herself being saved.

Its very strange to me.

I have problems with a lot of what she claims to have said. Some of it could be bad reporting but the way the news articles are writing her information really makes me wonder about her.

Way too much seems to be trying to make sure she was innocent. So much that it makes her look to be part of the crime IMO.

Like getting those phones calls to stay away from house. If the perp was involevd in planning with her, then of course he would make sure the family member called her to tell her to stay away. Gives her an alibi.

But here is the problem. If it was anyone of us getting that call from the home, we would have turned around and called LE or gone to the house to check out what was happening. And she did nothing like that.

She claims she got no answer when trying to call back about the illness call. So? So what does she do next when she gets no answer? NOTHING.

No, nada, nada. That is not a normal response. Something was up because the whole family doesnt just get sick overnight and she had just seen them on Wednesday with no signs of sickness.

I dont buy it. Nope Not at all. I am at the point where she needs thorough investigation as to possibly being involved with planning.

To me, its like she was telling her friend the perp that she would help but you had better make darn sure I dont get blamed. So have them call me and tell me not to come to house.

"You know we are going through some stuff with Phillip." Yeah thought that was an interesting statement. Unless he was trying to cover for the sound in the background.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

This is sad and unsettling :(

Wait...where was housekeeper #2 working on Wednesday?
Was it at the home because SS says Amy was sick tonight and she was sick "this afternoon". If #2 was at the house on Wednesday afternoon she would know that Amy wasn't sick in the afternoon and that something was amiss.

i
Detective Rod Wheeler, former DC Washington homicide detective, commented on the case and said because knives were used it might point to it being a person of Latin descent committing the crimes (knives and blunt force trauma). He said that typically in that area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) handguns are the weapon of choice. I have no clue. He said the 48 hours leading up to the murders is more important in this case. ? If you read comments some people believe it is a woman. I can't tell diddly squat. He also said that the housekeeper that was killed lived New Carollton, Maryland only a couple of blocks from where the car was set on fire, which also happened to be close to the iron works business.
If the latin descent part is true, maybe this person was there who knew the maid and planned it with her or without. Maybe it was this maid who was given CPR and still alive. Maybe she did not get stabbed or hit because this person knew her. He set fire, left real quick and she might have gotten smoke inhalation which killed her.
Do you have a MSM link for this bolded information? Or - where did you hear it or see this former detective?
The report I have seen regarding where the deceased housekeeper lived, says she lived in Silver Spring, Maryland. Which is not particularly close to New Carollton on my Google map.

Was it at the home because SS says Amy was sick tonight and she was sick "this afternoon". If #2 was at the house on Wednesday afternoon she would know that Amy wasn't sick in the afternoon and that something was amiss.

She claims she was working at the martial arts center that day with SS. So are we hearing that on Wed he went home and then called her with this message and said he then found out Amy had been in bed all day? Someone was in the house with son, wife, and housekeeper when he walked in the door, IMO. They were already tied up or tortured in some way I bet.

Its very strange to me.

I have problems with a lot of what she claims to have said. Some of it could be bad reporting but the way the news articles are writing her information really makes me wonder about her.

Way too much seems to be trying to make sure she was innocent. So much that it makes her look to be part of the crime IMO.

Like getting those phones calls to stay away from house. If the perp was involevd in planning with her, then of course he would make sure the family member called her to tell her to stay away. Gives her an alibi.

But here is the problem. If it was anyone of us getting that call from the home, we would have turned around and called LE or gone to the house to check out what was happening. And she did nothing like that.

She claims she got no answer when trying to call back about the illness call. So? So what does she do next when she gets no answer? NOTHING.

No, nada, nada. That is not a normal response. Something was up because the whole family doesnt just get sick overnight and she had just seen them on Wednesday with no signs of sickness.

I dont buy it. Nope Not at all. I am at the point where she needs thorough investigation as to possibly being involved with planning.

To me, its like she was telling her friend the perp that she would help but you had better make darn sure I dont get blamed. So have them call me and tell me not to come to house.

if i called my sick friend, she didn't answer and didn't call back, I wouldn't call the police. I think the deceased husband involved her by calling and texting because he was trying to SAVE his family! That's why he told her not to come to work on thursday when she wasn't even scheduled to be at work!

Personally, I think the speculation about her involvement has gotten way out of hand for what's allowed on Websleuths. She's lost her employer and friends of 20 years and seems to have been very forthcoming with the information she's able to provide and recall.

I don't want to malign the reputation of either housekeeper, but I believe they were both from El Salvador? The MS-13 gang (most members of which are from Central America), has a big criminal presence in the area where the car was found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

ETA:

In the DC area, most MS-13 members are from El Salvador.

Also, although we don't know at this point what exact weapon(s) were used, MS-13 members have a reputation of using machetes as their weapon of choice.

You know my first thought was the people this maid was associated with. I'm sure she had an okay background criminal check but you don't know about her relatives, etc. This is a must to be checked out. Especially since this person on video was running in that area and I believe she lived nearby. Was it the Carollton area. Now familiar with DC at all. Only been there twice and last time was over 20 years ago.

Right. And just the way those sickness calls were made to her and then she calls back the following day and gets no answer. Then what really bothers me is that is how she ended the discussion. "i got no answer". Ok, most anybody else would have then taken action at that point.

She says it in a way like because she got no answer, she was satisfied they were all sick.

The reporting could be getting me more suspicioun the way it is reported but it sure sounds fishy to me.

Listening to that voice mail is so disturbing. If you listen carefully, right before you hear the beep...at the same time Phillip is yelling about something in the background, you can hear what sounds like a woman close to the phone whimpering. :(

if i called my sick friend, she didn't answer and didn't call back, I wouldn't call the police. I think the deceased husband involved her by calling and texting because he was trying to SAVE his family! That's why he told her not to come to work on thursday when she wasn't even scheduled to be at work!

Personally, I think the speculation about her involvement has gotten way out of hand for what's allowed on Websleuths. She's lost her employer and friends of 20 years and seems to have been very forthcoming with the information she's able to provide and recall.

I wouldn't call police either if I couldn't get ahold of someone. Criminal activity wouldn't be what jumped to mind first - I would assume they were busy.

FWIW, I don't think either housekeeper is involved with the crime, but I think both knew the perps as I think the perps were staff or hired help. I think the housekeeper's information includes very valuable clues, but not hints at either of the women's involvement.

JMO

ETA: I think the perps were part of the household staff OR knew someone on the staff, imo. JMO.

i
Do you have a MSM link for this bolded information? Or - where did you hear it or see this former detective?
The report I have seen regarding where the deceased housekeeper lived, says she lived in Silver Spring, Maryland. Which is not particularly close to New Carollton on my Google map.

I got it from someone on "******************" I think it came from CBS since they mentioned that in the sentence above the article. Whoops am I not suppose to mention the website?! It had to do with crime.

How long can a fire "smolder" ? How much time did the perp/s have to set the fire, drive away in the Porsche... AND the smoke begin billowing out of the house? Where were the lawn care workers at this point?

Listening to that voice mail is so disturbing. If you listen carefully, right before you hear the beep...at the same time Phillip is yelling about something in the background, you can hear what sounds like a woman close to the phone whimpering. :(

It is very disturbing.

Does everyone agree he was forced to make that call?

Like there is no way he could have made the call secretly to warn her because surely the perp(s) would have taken his phone you would think.

I feel comfortable LE will catch whoever is involved. Im actually surprised no arrests have been made. Wondering if they have already left the country or have left the state by now. Which could be why no arrests already.

There seems to be some solid trails to follow. The whole broad daylight surely gave them more witnesses that we are not privy to.

I can not hear the whimpering even put the speakers close to my ears... did hear even more from the background noise. Wish there was a way to enhance that to see what the "kid" was saying.

Thanks for the local knowledge insight. I agree its very possible he used mass transit.

If so, then LE should be able to pick up the same character on video which is good news.

If he was working in cohoots with lets say the maid, then they did their best to keep their knowledge of each other separate. They would purposely go out of their way to pretend not to know each other.

At some point before and after the crime, there would have to be communication between the 2 of them if he was working with someone in planning. LE probably has surveilance on all the maids and help I would guess.

I have to believe that even though there more than a few routes he could have taken, there are all sorts of video cameras that would have captured images of the car on his trip to from DC to Maryland.

I also believe -- well first off -- I think it goes without saying that this is a young person, so I think cell phone usage, whether voice or text was involved. Young people can't function without their phones. I'm betting that's where the police are going to find a lot of evidence to nail him/them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz