DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the landscaping/clean up crew there on Wed or Thurs? If Thursday then I don't know how that would relate to the case since it was confirmed by MSM and police that they had been held since Wednesday night. Also would like to know when NG and SS left the studio on Wed. Did NG go back to the home with SS or did they separate at the studio. Also what MSM talks about NG and SS were together on Wed.

Earlier in the thread it was stated that the landscaping crew was there on Thursday, but I don't recall if there was a MSM cite for that.

I've read that the Vera's cell phone battery was dead and she did not have a charger, so she could not call him for her cell. Why wouldn't the Vera have used a house phone or borrowed a family member's cell? Or given SS the number and asked him to call her husband directly?

Nice catch. Didn't even think about the land lines. We haven't had a land line in our home for years so it didn't even cross my mind. If SS was being told what to say or it is being relayed from certain people that haven't had land lines as well it would be something very easily forgotten about.

Another key to solving this is the efforts taken to ensure NG did not go to the house on Thursday morning. She was told in 2 different ways not to come--voice mail and text. Yet the delivery of a package from his office that SS must have been expecting was allowed. Lawn care was not stopped. Did the perps want to prevent NG from coming because she might recognize them?

I am not saying I suspect NG. Quite the opposite. If she knew beforehand that something was happening at the S house, she would have picked up the phone when SS called or been sure to listen to the voice mail that evening. She didn't because she was going about her life unconcerned. It also supports the idea that Vera's husband did not call or visit NG looking for his wife. NG has been quoted in MSM as saying Vera attended her family events, so Vera's husband likely knew where she lived or how to get ahold of her.

snipped
Jake Tapper on CNN just reported "breaking news" about the case.

Investigators are being "hoisted up" to the cameras on the corners of the house to examine them. Harry Houck, Law Enforcement Analyst, stated this was not a random crime, and that family has been ruled out already.

So, who has been working on the exterior of the house lately?

"Coded" is a strange word. It implies an understanding between the speaker and the listener. You and I cannot speak "in code" unless we both..KNOW the code.

Now, this could, once again, be a poor choice of words...or does it imply that SS was speaking a "code" that the Maid should have understood? Or that the perps were telling him to speak certain words...that were a "code" between the perps and the maid?

In regard to the security system, ours alerts if power is cut. I hear from them during almost every thunderstorm.

Police say they've received a lot tips about the murders, but still need help. One neighbor of the Savopoulos' said he noticed some suspicious activity on Thursday.
"I noticed in the news reports people reporting a vacuum cleaner salesman, someone knocking on the door. Mine was along those lines. Unusual activity on that day," Tom Hester, a nearby resident said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...e-murder-washington-savopoulos-fire/27561835/

So this neighbour saw unusual activity. What if the grounds crew was just a cover?

snipped

It think the "Amy is going out tonight" comment was part of an everyday conversation the two had when they were in person. That's how I originally took it. I'd like to see a friend or associate's of Amy's speak up and confirm s/he had plans with Amy that were canceled Wednesday night. I would think that if Amy were indeed going out (which seems to fit her social reputation), she would go out with someone and not alone. So, did that person receive a phone call or text from Amy to cancel or was the person stood up?

We only know this info because NG said the conversation happened. It's possible Amy had no plans to go out and NG concocted the story. At this point, I'm still believing NG but the schedule of her week is nagging at me.

I didn't think so before, but I now think SS saying Amy was in bed all day Wednesday is a clue, either for NG to be concerned or later for LE to figure out the happenings of the day. If he says Amy was in bed all day, maybe that's a clue to LE that any withdrawal from the bank on Wednesday was NOT by Amy. ???

I do not suspect SS and NG were having an affair.

JMO.

Do you or any other poster, have a link please regarding NG saying SS told her Amy was going out that evening? I have never read that any where but here in the thread. Thanks in advance.

In this link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

The voice Mail is played and SS says:
Amy is in bed sick tonight and she was sick this afternoon.

You have stated above that she was in bed all day Wednesday but he didn't say that. I'm sorry if this sounds offensive as it certainly is not meant to be but these facts as we know them are important and to change them, even slightly, makes a big difference to a scenario.

Another key to solving this is the efforts taken to ensure NG did not go to the house on Thursday morning. She was told in 2 different ways not to come--voice mail and text. Yet the delivery of a package from his office that SS must have been expecting was allowed. Lawn care was not stopped. Did the perps want to prevent NG from coming because she might recognize them?

I am not saying I suspect NG. Quite the opposite. If she knew beforehand that something was happening at the S house, she would have picked up the phone when SS called or been sure to listen to the voice mail that evening. She didn't because she was going about her life unconcerned. It also supports the idea that Vera's husband did not call or visit NG looking for his wife. NG has been quoted in MSM as saying Vera attended her family events, so Vera's husband likely knew where she lived or how to get ahold of her.

Unless the messages were coded for her to not come. Because they wouldn't be leaving until at least Thursday morning. But there is a lot of MSM evidence and peculiar behaviors such as showing face and then not willing to show ones face that is making me lean a certain way.

Well, if the husband was there banging on the door and yelling to be heard inside, that would be unusual.

In regard to the security system, ours alerts if power is cut. I hear from them during almost every thunderstorm.

Good point about the "coded". Quick question though. If power has been cut to security systems or if security systems are tampered with doesn't it alarm the security companies? Like if a fire detector is out or if the security box is down?

Do you or any other poster, have a link please regarding NG saying SS told her Amy was going out that evening? I have never read that any where but here in the thread. Thanks in advance.

In this link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

You have stated above that she was in bed all day Wednesday but he didn't say that. I'm sorry if this sounds offensive as it certainly is not meant to be but these facts as we know them are important and to change them, even slightly, makes a big difference to a scenario.

One of the problems is that the reporting of what NG said and the videos of NG on various websites are not exactly identical from time to time.

It does with our system. We do not own an extremely valuable art collection, so I would assume their system would be at least as good as ours.

In this link

BBM.

"Savvas Savopoulos had told Gutierrez on Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out. But in the voicemail that night, he said Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed, according to The Associated Press." http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/

He went to the kitchen door at the house and then his phone rang. It was Mr. Savopoulous telling him that he forgot to tell him that Vera was spending the night and she was ok. The husband did not see Mr. Savopoulous.

In this link

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

Edited to add: Third video down the page

NG is interviewed, and on video says:

So when he knocked at the door, the front door, he told me that he could kinda sense, like somebody was extending, in front of the door, the inside, so he tried to knock more, and he went around, back, an the kitchen, you know the garage, sorry, when he went around, Savvas call him, and told him, oh I forgot to call you last night, but there it's ok....

It isn't made clear if he calls him on the phone or just calls him, as in calls out to him. I personally feel VF's husband saw him or at the very least actually spoke to him in person, whether from behind a door, through a window or face to face. This is just my opinion as NG doesn't clarify.

I have seen a lot of theories, ranging from close family to house keepers, to the karate people, to the lawn crew, irate business partners ect...

I am wondering, who would know better about the security in the house more then the people who installed it?

In this link

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

NG is interviewed, and on video says:

So when he knocked at the door, the front door, he told me that he could kinda sense, like somebody was extending, in front of the door, the inside, so he tried to knock more, and he went around, back, an the kitchen, you know the garage, sorry, when he went around, Savvas call him, and told him, oh I forgot to call you last night, but there it's ok....

It isn't made clear if he calls him on the phone or just calls him, as in calls out to him. I personally feel VF's husband saw him or at the very least actually spoke to him in person, whether from behind a door, through a window or face to face. This is just my opinion as NG doesn't clarify.
I agree that he saw him in person and it wasn't a phone call.

I think the lawn crew was permitted to be there because they were outside and unaware of what was happening inside the house. SS's assistant was permitted to come to the house because he was, IMO, bringing a package the perp wanted and never entered the home. Also, the perp(s) had SS turn VF's husband away. The perp seemed nervous about people coming to the house and didn't want to involve more people than necessary as long as they didn't the home. NG likely has a key and would have walked in on the crime scene in progress. The MO of the perp, IMO, was not commit as many murders as he could, but to contain the scene until he got what he came for. The more people he had to control, the more probable he could be overpowered and he knew the time it took to restrain someone else would only delay getting what he had come for and then escaping the scene.

We don't know why NG didn't get her message the previous night. Maybe she was already in bed. I don't remember seeing a time when SS called her.

I have seen a lot of theories, ranging from close family to house keepers, to the karate people, to the lawn crew, irate business partners ect...

I am wondering, who would know better about the security in the house more then the people who installed it?

What if some of those groups were one in the same. What if somebody in the Tinshin Ryu people was also somebody who ran a security company that specializes in home/business and other types of security systems. I don't know what is allowed on here and what types of sleuthing is allowed. But I have thought of that angle as well and I don't think somebody with that type of closeness to the family would be capable of doing what has been reported as done.

Coded would mean a signal between two perpetrators showing how the crime is progressing. I'm absolutely furious to think a trusted employee would hurt an innocent family in this way. IMO

You can run but you can't hide.

Very interesting insights. Someone of latin descent would use a knife also knew gasoline was in the garage. Sounds like a landscaper to me.

I read that article over. What, in there, suggests to you that someone of latin descent would use a knife, knew there was gas in the garage, and would be a landscaper? Maybe I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member