DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my opinion that SS was trying to convey that something was amiss, like hey we need help. He couldn't text that he needed help, but he could text something that made them go, Hmmm something is wrong here. They are saying now that what they saw then was troublesome/ amiss yet what he was able to say in voice mail/text feel on death ears, (so to speak). jmo idk

The thing (well, one of many) that perplexes me is that SS supposedly spoke with his sister on Thursday morning (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html) . If I was going to try to discretely send an SOS I'd definitely do it with my sister rather than an employee (not that I have any of those)...I could come up with all sorts of things that would set off alarms for her but would mean nothing to somebody holding me hostage. That said, everything I think I'd "definitely" do in a situation like this might fly out the window once I was in the situation.

In this link

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

NG is interviewed, and on video says:

So when he knocked at the door, the front door, he told me that he could kinda sense, like somebody was extending, in front of the door, the inside, so he tried to knock more, and he went around, back, an the kitchen, you know the garage, sorry, when he went around, Savvas call him, and told him, oh I forgot to call you last night, but there it's ok....

It isn't made clear if he calls him on the phone or just calls him, as in calls out to him. I personally feel VF's husband saw him or at the very least actually spoke to him in person, whether from behind a door, through a window or face to face. This is just my opinion as NG doesn't clarify.
Also at this link the video of the male reporter...at the end he says they were held hostage until.. here he takes an unusual breath...SS got what they were looking for. Got being emphasized. Instead of gave.

It was like they were waiting for something to arrive? I wonder if there were any other deliveries we haven't heard about, other then the assistant.

After this horrendous crime I am thinking every family should come up with a code word, phrase that would be used in a case like this that translates to: "Call 911. We are in trouble!!!"

Just finished catching up and many of you have been thinking outside the box and coming up with some very good points and ideas.

The thing (well, one of many) that perplexes me is that SS supposedly spoke with his sister on Thursday morning (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html) . If I was going to try to discretely send an SOS I'd definitely do it with my sister rather than an employee (not that I have any of those)...I could come up with all sorts of things that would set off alarms for her but would mean nothing to somebody holding me hostage. That said, everything I think I'd "definitely" do in a situation like this might fly out the window once I was in the situation.
I wonder if at the time SS spoke with his sister he was feeling more relaxed because he knew what the perp wanted was on its way (IMO) and thought the situation was about to end -- and was hopeful it would end peacefully.

We don't know why NG didn't get her message the previous night. Maybe she was already in bed. I don't remember seeing a time when SS called her.

I haven't seen anything on the time of the voice mail only that it was done on Wednesday night. The text was sent at 9:56 a.m. on Thursday. The interesting thing on NG's phone it shows that she typed a response to AS. But for the stamp below that is shows "Delivered" but doesn't show that it was read, kind of chilling on that. Wonder at what time NG tried to retext AS.

Also at this link the video of the male reporter...at the end he says they were held hostage until.. here he takes an unusual breath...SS got what they were looking for. Got being emphasized. Instead of gave.

It was like they were waiting for something to arrive? I wonder if there were any other deliveries we haven't heard about, other then the assistant.

Regarding the delivery, anyone have the link for FOX which has comments below the article from someone saying they are a family member? They provide insight into a possible reason for the delivery.

Oh, found it. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/

I'm telling you, the police are on top of this. Bet there will be multiple arrests by Friday.

I still have about 8 pages to read.

But as I have been reading through this thread, I keep thinking to myself "MAN! WS'ers watch too many movies! This kind of thing doesn't happen in real life!" (Of course, with no disrespect intended...LOL!!

And then I read...WOW! That really DID happen!

This is one for the movies for sure! So very very tragic. I really hope all - or at least most - of the answers are finally found here!

I suspected the lawn crew at first but then realize this started on Wednesday night, right? It had to be more than one person. I don't see one person holding 3 adults and a child all night or any amount of time for that matter. I don't know how anyone could have it in them to kill 4 people including a child.

Piping in to note that it was mentioned yesterday (by LE?) that knives were the preferred weapon of Latin American criminals in the DC area.

Wonder what the preferred weapon of white or black criminals is? Funny they didn't mention that. Is there a reason?

Regarding the delivery, anyone have the link for FOX which has comments below the article from someone saying they are a family member? They provide insight into a possible reason for the delivery.

Oh, found it. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/
Even before I had read those posts, that's what I speculated yesterday was the reason for the delivery. There are other statements she makes throughout the comments section that make me think she really is related to the family.

I haven't seen anything on the time of the voice mail only that it was done on Wednesday night. The text was sent at 9:56 a.m. on Thursday. The interesting thing on NG's phone it shows that she typed a response to AS. But for the stamp below that is shows "Delivered" but doesn't show that it was read, kind of chilling on that. Wonder at what time NG tried to retext AS.
BBM.

In the first video on this link, the reporter says that the voice mail came in to NG on Wednesday around 9:30 pm but that NG didn't see the voice mail on her phone until the next day. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

I understand what you're saying and hope that the generalization refers to local gangs populated by certain ethnic groups.

Looking at those motorcycle gangs in Texas...whose actions left nine dead and put many innocents at risk...one might speculate what are the preferred weapons in THAT group.

I think it's a reference to certain gangs in the area. At least, I took it that way.

Even before I had read those posts, that's what I speculated yesterday was the reason for the delivery. There are other statements she makes throughout the comments section that make me think she really is related to the family.

They seemed very general statements and things that are/were already publicly known, other then the $40,000. I just don't like that she changed her social media from a location in Florida to D.C. Something just seems off about it.

I agree. If a man wants to get rid of his wife, he can do it without getting himself killed. My guess is somebody knew family was well off. Could be any number of possibilities. They had a lot of service people by the looks of it.

I don't think SS had anything to do with the murders, but here's a case where the husband (a doctor) hired the wrong man to kill his wife and also ended up dead that night.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,94027-1,00.html

I haven't seen anything on the time of the voice mail only that it was done on Wednesday night. The text was sent at 9:56 a.m. on Thursday. The interesting thing on NG's phone it shows that she typed a response to AS. But for the stamp below that is shows "Not Yet Delivered" kind of chilling on that. Wonder at what time NG tried to retext AS.

I think I found the first real inconsistency in what she has said. I may be wrong and it could just be bad reporting or something else.

Check out this part in this link and then compare it to the 2nd one. Here she is talking about Thursday after she had finally listened to SS voice mail.

"Gutierrez said she called Amy Savopoulos after hearing the message "to see if she was OK, but she never answered."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/

Now, look what is being reported in this link below.

"On Thursday morning, Amy Savopoulus texted another housekeeper confirming that she should not come in that day because she was sick. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

So in one report it implies she never got in contact with her and in the other report, it implies Amy texted her. It could just be confusion on my part but at a minimum I am concerned about all these alleged texts and phone calls.

I have not outruled anyone yet.

In the first video on this link, the reporter says that the voice mail came in to NG on Wednesday around 9:30 pm but that NG didn't see the voice mail on her phone until the next day. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...304161751.html

This seems "off" to me as well. This woman is running a business. When someone who works for her cancels, she has to find a sub to fill in the next day. Otherwise, she loses money, and maybe a customer. At least that's the way cleaning services operate in my area.

I'm surprised she would not be in the habit of checking last thing at night and first thing in the morning, to make those changes and call in subs.

So if we put aside the go cart injury, we have "we're going through some stuff with Phillip". Was his room being ransacked?

I think I found the first real inconsistency in what she has said. I may be wrong and it could just be bad reporting or something else.

Check out this part in this link and then compare it to the 2nd one.

This is what I have found with news agencies. They each seem to have their own copywriter. So if you watch one news article on NBC in the morning then a different ABC news show in the evening you will see that it is the same but with a little different flair from the news reporter. But when it goes from one outlet to another one like ABC to Fox you could get two complete different point of views on the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero