DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone made a map of all the different locations in comparison to the two crime scenes. Like how many miles was the car found from the home? I don't know how to do maps. :(

It almost looks like he's carrying one of those plastic file folders like a covered bankers box type thing. If it was a bucket wouldn't he be more apt to hold it with one hand by the handle and not carry it with both hands? Wonder where he dumped it in any case..and what was in it.

I'm headed to bed,hopefully there will be more info tomorrow!
Sweet dreams everyone!

Nutshell:
A married couple, their ten year old son, and the housekeeper (apparently NOT a live-in) were found dead in the family home. The man was a CEO of a company and the house was valued at over 4 million dollars.

Three of the four (they didn't release which three) were stabbed and/or bludgeoned to death before the fire was set. The wife had called a second housekeeper and told her not to come because the family was sick. They were alive Thursday morning, house was burned down Thursday afternoon. (May 14)

They have two daughters, age 19 and 17, who are at different boarding schools in different states (kind of weird to ME, but I am not wealthy) The older one is graduating this week, the other one next year.

Their Porsche was found burned in Prince George, MD.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sekeeper-slain-burning-home-article-1.2224275

Oddly, this happened last weekend in Rockville, MD. I do not know if it is connected or not, just leaving this here:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/11/married-couple-found-murdered-in-rockville-home/

From the Washington Post link-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

According to this article the husband left a voice mail for the housekeeper that was not at the home.

"Savvas Savopoulos also let her know in a Wednesday night voicemail that the housekeeper who was later found dead had planned to stay overnight at the family’s home and asked that she inform the woman’s family because her cellphone battery had died."

I was under the impression she regularly spent the night there as a live-in housekeeper, but apparently not. The other housekeeper said she never knew her to spend the night there and apparently they were close friends. “Never, never did she stay over.”

So, this makes me think whatever was going on, it started Wed night and that the housekeeper may have even been dead Wed evening.

Several interesting pieces of info in this article that I had not seen before. She said he sounded "tense" in his message to her.

I don't get the feeling this was a random home invasion.

Snipped quotes from the article that stand out to me.

"The Savopoulos family was having a busy week. The husband was trying to get a new martial arts center in Chantilly, Va., ready for a grand opening, and he enlisted the help of one of his housekeepers."

"The police records also show that Savvas Savopoulos was working hard last week getting the Chantilly project ready for a Friday opening. The Chantilly property was closed Saturday and there were no obvious signs of a martial arts studio inside, but a business owner who works nearby said he has seen activity at the building in recent weeks."

"Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

BBM

The text message is strange - sounds overly emphatic that the housekeeper not show up.

And what's up with the martial arts studio. It seems like a odd thing to occupy a man who is high up in the business and social scene of Washington.

JMO

Oh this does not sound good or right at all does it .. I wonder what made him take on that project .. Personal interest? Trying to help set up a friend of associate in business? What's up with no work having been done inside yet? Could SS have been promised work was being done, and paying for it only to about to discover that all the money had disappeared and no work even started?

Ok, good! Glad I wasn't the only one. Why would they do that? Someone might be able to identify him.

This video would not be the best one they'd have, there would be some at the service station and other cameras most likely, they have probably released this to apply psychological pressure on him / associates rather than have a member of the public identify him, someone who knows him well would also probably be able to recognise him, like anyone who has helped him for instance. I think they're hoping someone who was an accomplice (perhaps after the crime) comes forward and gives them enough to convict him. JMO.

Maybe he has jewelry or something of value in it, because it seems to me that he'd just drop an empty bucket because it would slow him down to carry it. Did that make sense? (I'm getting tired! LOL!)

That's what I thought. I thought the bucket has valuables he had taken from the home. No one would ever think there were stolen goods in a five gallon bucket. He is mindful of the camera though since he has his hoodie on trying to shield his ID.

Oh this does not sound good or right at all does it .. I wonder what made him take on that project .. Personal interest? Trying to help set up a friend of associate in business? What's up with no work having been done inside yet? Could SS have been promised work was being done, and paying for it only to about to discover that all the money had disappeared and no work even started?

I don't find that unusual. Maybe he thought it would be another prosperous business endeavor and maybe he was going to offer classes to children that was his son's age. He may have trained in a place like this when he was a child or teen.

IMO

There's no time stamp on the video is there? It could have been taken sometime Thursday morning ( after 10:30 AM but before the fire at the home). I'm not set on a hostage scenario myself. IMO There was too much action by the husband and only the husband on Wednesday. Everybody else was home injured, ill in bed, or silenced by an uncharged cell phone. Yet it's strange that the husband was bustling around with a usable phone, meeting Housekeeper G in person, and getting things ready for his grand opening less than 48 hours away. The husband would gave been silenced just like the others if it was a hostage situation. Probably even more so since he posed more of a threat physically and socially I would think.

I think this probably happened sometime Thursday.

Everyone said he was a doting husband and father. I think whoever did this was planning all along to leave no witnesses behind and that is why he murdered all four victims.

They show attempts by friends and relatives to reach the victims Thursday morning, before they were found dead that afternoon in a burning home in Northwest Washington.

Neighbors reported seeing a man banging on the door of one home, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman at another house, reports of a prowler, and what a witness said could have been the Savopouloses’ blue Porsche speeding down the street the day before the deaths were discovered.

Police have said all four deaths are being investigated as homicide. They said Friday that three victims had wounds.

ETA
Also Thursday morning, one of Savopoulos’s assistants apparently left a package outside the Woodland Drive house, according to the police records. That person then drove to Chantilly and was there through the day. And at roughly the same time, Figueroa’s husband went to the house to check on his wife. There apparently was no answer.

I have to believe there is more video footage/cctv of the perp/s, this location is around the corner from the belgian embassy and about 4 blocks from biden's (VP) residence at the observatory. I got to say this is yet another incident that tells me never trust what is being texted, you don't know who is on the other end.

Police say a Porsche 911 belonging to the family was found on Thursday night in Hyattsville, Maryland.

http://news.sky.com/story/1485318/mystery-of-family-murdered-in-torched-mansion

Mr Savopoulos was the president and chief executive of American Iron Works, a construction firm.

http://www.americanironworks.com/

AIW, Inc./American Iron Works
5010 Inwood Street, Hyattsville MD 20781

Prince George’s County Fire spokesman Mark Brady said firefighters extinguished the fire about 5:30 p.m. behind a church at 8201 Annapolis Rd. in Lanham, Md

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

I have been looking into Savvas' background a little.

I found that he "has a lifelong interest in and participates in motorsports".

Found: http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/basicpage/file/20141003/ICA Biographies.pdf

So, I am wondering if perhaps he was planning on buying (or selling?) the Porsche. Could Craig's List be involved in this?

A number of Porsche owners belong to Porsche clubs across the US. Some may race at local tracks and others may race a circuit or other invitational club races. Craigslist could be possible but normally performance cars are sold in clubs or their websites. I'm just catching up to this case, here's a couple.

https://www.facebook.com/PCAPotomac

https://www.pca.org/

If it started on Wednesday and the Housekekeeper usually went home at night, I'd guess it started during the day or she would have already left.

I hope the housekeeper's cell phone survived the fire. Specifically, I'm thinking of the Mother's car seen speeding through the neighborhood on Thursday afternoon. What if the Perpetrator had forced the Housekeeper to text the Mother that something had happened to her little boy. That would lure her home and she would have been driving very fast.

If the fire was extinguished by 17:30 then the 17:51 time stamp can't be right. The perp couldn't be going to get gas with a bucket at that time to come back and start the car fire. I think the 17:51 time is from when the police seized the tape and downloaded it.

I think you are correct on the timestamp not being the actual time of the person walking. On Thursday, the local news announced a press conference at 4pm that as delayed for about an hour and a half, but we knew the car had been found by 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1